Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which is your favorite Y-MSF figure?

1. Hedorah
6%
2. Gabara
11%
3. Godzilla 1962
10%
4. Godzilla 1967 w/Minya
5%
5. Varan
6%
6. Rodan
6%
7. Godzilla 1965
12%
8. Godzilla 1968
2%
9. Manda
13%
10. Megalon
30%

Total votes: 126

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

Post by Executive Hamster »

Helluva figure. This is so surreal

I'm sure many of us saw the prototype when it was first announced and thought "no way this actually happens". Yet here we are.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Am I a bad person for actually wanting a legit MMS and SHMA Zilla/GINO...?
Size DOES matter!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Of course not. Hell, if Bandai announced an MMS Zilla Id sell my Y-MSF in a heart beat.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Petezilla wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:50 pm Am I a bad person for actually wanting a legit MMS and SHMA Zilla/GINO...?
I'll gladly own both and pose them with a Trendmasters and a Marmit G'98, plus a Deforeal '98.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

I got my Zilla today.. first time buyer.. how does one get the tail to fit? Need help lol

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Use either a hair dryer or hot water. Heat the vinyl till its soft and it should be easy to insert.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:41 pm Use either a hair dryer or hot water. Heat the vinyl till its soft and it should be easy to insert.
Okay cool! Thank you. Wish me luck! :lol:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

For anyone interested, more Zilla figures will be for sale tonight, so if you missed out here is your chance.

Added in 37 seconds:
DM him on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram to purchase. PayPal, Yen only, no USD

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

They already had a Final Wars Hedorah packed up ready to ship to me before I even paid, I love YMSF so much lol
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was going to get one or not, what with an MMS release coming up. I initially decided against it, but after sleeping on it, decided to bite the bullet and get one anyway. Just to support YMSF and also because Hedorah '04 doesn't get much merch. He's holding it for me till my next paycheck.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:40 am Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was going to get one or not, what with an MMS release coming up. I initially decided against it, but after sleeping on it, decided to bite the bullet and get one anyway. Just to support YMSF and also because Hedorah '04 doesn't get much merch. He's holding it for me till my next paycheck.
Yeah I slept on it for a few days too because of the MMS release coming up but I came to the same conclusion, we've really only gotten the 4 inch figure from back in 04. It'll be nice having more than one version of the character on the shelf. Plus I figured I'd end up kicking myself if I missed out.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I also decided to just bite the bullet and get one. Do I really have room for it? Hell no. But Ill make it work. BUT NO MORE FW FIGURES FOR ME

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:35 am It'll be nice having more than one version of the character on the shelf. Plus I figured I'd end up kicking myself if I missed out.
People need to spend some time on the Club Tokyo database. Both Marmit...

http://www.clubtokyo.org/site/showChara ... cterId=447

And M-1....

...did absolutely gorgeous figures of FW Hedorah back in the mid 2000s.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:58 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:35 am It'll be nice having more than one version of the character on the shelf. Plus I figured I'd end up kicking myself if I missed out.

And M-1....

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttty sure he means non-stylized releases. Why not bother mentioning the Ulimate Monsters and battle box figures instead?
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:10 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:58 pm

And M-1....

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttty sure he means non-stylized releases. Why not bother mentioning the Ulimate Monsters and battle box figures instead?
Beeeeeeeeecaaaaaaaauuuuuse (see, I can do that too, it's fun) the Marmit and M-1 figures are the most substantial versions of this Hedorah that have been made. They're truly beautiful toys. I can't stand the movie and even I have both.

I really dislike this thing people keep doing by acting like stylized figures don't count. If you're going to willingly ignore the hundreds (thousands?) of great figures of just about every monster under the sun that these companies have done over the past 25 years, people could at least specify that they're doing that. People have these weird (to me) definitions of what counts and what doesn't.

Example, would you say no one has ever done a "proper" 1973 Gigan vinyl because the mind blowingly good Gigabrain version isn't done in a hyper realistic Bandai style? Everyone who has ever owned one raves about it. I have 6 of the damn things. But does it not count?

If a person wants a realistically styled, colored and sized GFW Hedorah to go with their Bandais, they should make that clear instead of making it sound like no one has ever done anything outside of candy toys up to this point, which as MM made clear, isn't true either.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:20 pm
I really dislike this thing people keep doing by acting like stylized figures don't count. If you're going to willingly ignore the hundreds (thousands?) of great figures of just about every monster under the sun that these companies have done over the past 25 years, people could at least specify that they're doing that. People have these weird (to me) definitions of what counts and what doesn't.
As someone who DOES own stuff from everything from Marmit to X-Plus to Bandai to Trendmasters and everything in between, I can safely assure that stylized figures do not count when talking about figures in general. What you're implying is akin to someone saying "Gee, it's nice to finally have a figure of Gezora" if/when gets made, and immidietly come in here waving the Bandai Museum or Bullmark stuff as evidence they've always had figures.

Not everyone is a highend figure collector.

Example, would you say no one has ever done a "proper" 1973 Gigan vinyl because the mind blowingly good Gigabrain version isn't done in a hyper realistic Bandai style? Everyone who has ever owned one raves about it. I have 6 of the damn things. But does it not count?
I would say Bandai Creations did a fine Gigan '73. ;)
If a person wants a realistically styled, colored and sized GFW Hedorah to go with their Bandais, they should make that clear instead of making it sound like no one has ever done anything outside of candy toys up to this point, which as MM made clear, isn't true either.
Lmao. You realize this is the Y-MSF thread, right?

Quote of the Year:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:28 pm
As someone who DOES own stuff from everything from Marmit to X-Plus to Bandai to Trendmasters and everything in between, I can safely assure that stylized figures do not count when talking about figures in general. What you're implying is akin to someone saying "Gee, it's nice to finally have a figure of Gezora" if/when gets made, and immidietly come in here waving the Bandai Museum or Bullmark stuff as evidence they've always had figures.

Not everyone is a highend figure collector.
Are you for real? So when you're talking about "figures in general", anything from Marmit, M-1, Marusan, Gigabrain, Pilot Ace, Mondo and whathaveyou "doesn't count" because it doesn't meet a certain type of criteria? Like, WHAT?

Xplus are for "high end figure collectors", right? Do they not count? I'm not following your logic. So something has to be a Bandai or YMSF figure to count as a "proper" depiction of the character?
I would say Bandai Creations did a fine Gigan '73. ;)
Lol yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what they're going for.
I've seen this all over.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:36 pm
Are you for real? So when you're talking about "figures in general", anything from Marmit, M-1, Marusan, Gigabrain, Pilot Ace, Mondo and whathaveyou "doesn't count" because it doesn't meet a certain type of criteria? Like, WHAT?
I mean, I don't understand exactly what's so hard to understand here. You're in the minority it seems.
Xplus are for "high end figure collectors", right? Do they not count? I'm not following your logic. So something has to be a Bandai or YMSF figure to count as a "proper" depiction of the character?
I mean... Yes? Like I've always wanted a Lunatyx figure... Yet there's an X-Plus and I'm fairly sure one or two stylized figures, and even a candy toy (I have that!), of said monster. But that doesn't change the fact there isn't a regular figure for him.
Lol yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what they're going for.
I mean, it looks a lot better than that two-fined abomination Bandai put out in the 80s and 90s.
Seems to really only bug you.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

"Regular figure" specifically means Bandai or YMSF then? As a long time collector of all figure lines who welcomes just about all interpretations of these characters in his collections, this extremely narrow definition of what "regular" means is just odd.

And who is arguing that the original 90s Bandai Gigan is anything good? It sucks. But I don't even know what that has to do with the discussion. There is nothing but deperate fan speculation that the Bandai Creation Gigan is based on the 1973 suit, something they're clearly doing to validate having it alongside the 1998 version.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:53 pm "Regular figure" specifically means Bandai or YMSF then? As a long time collector of all figure lines who welcomes just about all interpretations of these characters in his collections, this extremely narrow definition of what "regular" means is just odd.
Well, I don't know what to tell you my man. I'm able to tell the difference when the average Joe says they're looking for so-so representation when I also know there's high end and stylized options available.
But I don't even know what that has to do with the discussion.

Just making a comparison. I read your statement as if saying the BC is the worst Gigan on the market, which it obviously isn't.
There is nothing but deperate fan speculation that the Bandai Creation Gigan is based on the 1973 suit, something they're clearly doing to validate having it alongside the 1998 version.
Speculation or not, the similarities are there. Can't really fault someone for coming to that conclussion when standing it next to the 6" Bandai sculpt and looking at '73 reference photos.

Quote of the Year: