Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which is your favorite Y-MSF figure?

1. Hedorah
6%
2. Gabara
11%
3. Godzilla 1962
10%
4. Godzilla 1967 w/Minya
5%
5. Varan
6%
6. Rodan
6%
7. Godzilla 1965
11%
8. Godzilla 1968
2%
9. Manda
13%
10. Megalon
30%

Total votes: 125

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

Post by Shenanigans »

Kamacuras will be available next week. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Bandai-influenced color scheme. Good news is, I'm sure we'll be seeing many more variants down the line, and probably a more screen-accurate version. Might also go for the open-wing version.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Since this got new paged - bump for those just seeing this page.
SpaceG92 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:47 pm Image

Recap. Kamacuras next week. FW Hedorah coming by end of next month. FW Zilla coming next month or Novemeber.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SpaceG92 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:29 pm Since this got new paged - bump for those just seeing this page.
SpaceG92 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:47 pm Image

Recap. Kamacuras next week. FW Hedorah coming by end of next month. FW Zilla coming next month or Novemeber.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to giving the three of them a nice repaint, that is *if* I can get my hands on them :lol:. They're all necessities for my new FW shelf.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Damn.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Slight bump. He changed the paint on the spines to match better with the new MMS. I approve of this change. Still no date on the boi though - HOWEVER. What we DO have a generic time frame on...

Finally

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Final Wars Zilla will be selling this week if anyone is interested.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:25 pm Final Wars Zilla will be selling this week if anyone is interested.
YES PLEASE AND WHERE THANK YOU!!!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Got mine secured, ships tomorrow, little pricey at $79 tbh, but it’s to be expected with import shipping

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Zilla is up for sale! ZILLA IS UP!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:11 am Zilla is up for sale! ZILLA IS UP!
Got a link?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Zilla is now officially sold out guys. 250 in one day. Wow

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Dang. Course when I'm short on money is when the one I've been waiting for comes out (and sells out). Do they ever do more than one wave of these?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Knowing YMSF almost certainly there will be. And if you are desperate I'm sure some will appear on aftermarket in a few weeks (yikes)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Waiting for Zilla’s arrival.

Wanted to swing on his new Cthulu, but $145 shipped for what it is just isn’t justifiable imo.

Added in 1 hour 33 minutes 37 seconds:
Also interested in that Gaira he’s selling, but there’s no guarantee he’ll re-release Sanda so that’s a conundrum of mine

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Love it! Feels fantastic, plus the subtle difference in stance works since it's the FW version.

Also the shine gives it something of an uncanny valley feeling which I think adds to the CGI’ness of the FW look

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Unrelated, but man, that is the definitive way to pose that Trendmasters figure. IDK, in the pictures it usually looks kinda top heavy and awkward to me but how you have it posed REALLY works.

Ultimately I actually love the YMSF Zilla and cannot wait for mine. I was a bit harsh on it in one of the groups Im in once we saw in hand images. Its not exactly what I was hoping for paint wise, but I still absolutely love how it looks.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:31 pm Unrelated, but man, that is the definitive way to pose that Trendmasters figure. IDK, in the pictures it usually looks kinda top heavy and awkward to me but how you have it posed REALLY works.

Ultimately I actually love the YMSF Zilla and cannot wait for mine. I was a bit harsh on it in one of the groups Im in once we saw in hand images. Its not exactly what I was hoping for paint wise, but I still absolutely love how it looks.
Thanks! Yeah I see so many odd straight up-and-down standing poses with the Trendmasters 98 figures, be it on social media or in auction listings, it drives me crazy because a lot of them really aren't terrible.

The paint does leave room to be desired, and I'd certainly love to hit it with a base paint/dry-brushing but with the cost, first of its kind, and limited availability I'm hesitant. On the other side of the coin, the paint does give it that retro vinyl feel, uncanny CGI shine, and the blue looks gorgeous along the dorsal fins.

Side note: He can totally hit a sitting position weirdly enough :lol:

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:21 am Knowing YMSF almost certainly there will be. And if you are desperate I'm sure some will appear on aftermarket in a few weeks (yikes)
I am late to the party.. heard the name YMSF but I hadn't paid attention to it till a few days ago and I saw this figure and I have to have because I am HUGE collector of MMS and we might never get Zilla. I'll be looking for this one.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Well we now have actual confirmation that another wave will be coming, this time in the colors of the old Trendmasters figures.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Got my Zilla in the mail today. I love him. The sculpt is pretty good, and I absolutely love the spines. I didn't realize the inside of the mouth was also sculpted. He even has a lil tongue in there, a detail I never noticed from the pictures. The figure itself is an absolute unit and my biggest Y-MSF figure yet. The tail needed attached like an X-Plus figure, which isn't a real issue and I imagine was done to save on shipping. He is a big too big to fit in with the traditional 6" Bandai vinyls, as he does tower over most. However, when put with the old 2004 8" releases, man he fits right in.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?