The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

And cue John Reeves in 5…4…3…2…1…
Spoiler:
Alas, Halloween night echoes with applause as GvR knocks it out of the ball park once more! :applause:

Great stuff, dude. This match lived up exactly to what the trailer built up. The action was tense and explosive, and Orochi himself was a perfectly terrifying powerhouse of a villain. He really shone in this match with his true destructive power; seeing Spiral Ray-supercharged Godzilla AND the six greatest anti-Kaiju warships in the franchise totally outmatched was chilling as hell. Even when he became Super Godzilla, G almost suffered the same fate as he did in Match 274.

In my opinion, the ending was perfect. Ozaki being so overcome with heartbreak, dejection and anger after everything, that he doesn’t even bother hearing what the other two gods have to say when they come down—and instead just tells them to fuck all the way off—was really well done.

Stellar match, and easily one of this year’s best.
Added in 2 minutes 8 seconds:
Also, Nagoda slays it once more with that double-banner. Greatly befitting the apocalyptic tone of the match.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

What a match, I absolutely loved all the vehicles appearing in this match.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

A very good match for the day of Halloween. Solid all around!
Spoiler:
I also want to acknowledge how Godzilla is written in this match. I know plenty before have made Godzilla this tough but sympathetic creature, but this match in particular really sells that idea. I loved the scene of Godzilla reacting to the bodies of the Karyu and Mothra. I will admit the ending was a bit anti-climactic, but it’s mostly a small thing.
Also, Ozaki being a traumatized soldier but still being courageous enough to mouth off TWO gods at the same time is incredible, as well as Gordon being this grumpy, hardened man who isn’t afraid to spit in the face of death.
Last edited by Dunkeeni on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Glad people are enjoying Godzilla vs Orochi round 2, thanks y’all! Very happy with this one.

And thanks to Nagoda for the excellent banner! Captures the mood I was going for with this match perfectly.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

I wanna say first that the banner is awesome, quite epic. I think the strongest element here was the ending, I really enjoyed the ending being a somber one with a connection to earlier in the match, which is also a great scene, though I do think the overall element feels a tad odd in spots of writing and feels like they are at the very end of a movie that I haven't seen the other parts of. Still enjoyed it just not as much as his other works.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

A lot more effort put into this one. Just my two cents but I feel a lot of matches using the popular stars like the Legendary kaiju have become a bit predictable in the sense that they either go exactly the way they probably would go, or, the plot bends around to try and be subversive. Lot of hard work and love put in there, so full props given. Me though? I'm less concerned with the outcome and more about if the fight itself is entertaining and easy to follow. So seeing a fresh coat of paint on a fight with a very underused kaiju in Orochi with some side use of the G-Force superweapons was a nice twist on the formula.
Last edited by Desghidorah on Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I haven't actually got thw chance to read ghe new match yet, but..
Spoiler:
ANGIRA IS BACK. HORAAAY!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

The new match is very good. I greatly enjoy how the characterization is handled, both for monsters and humans, and the action is suitably brutal and tense all throughout. Seeing Hedorah in the spotlight as a major threat is a treat as well. I do have some criticisms, however.
Spoiler:
Godzilla and Mothra just kinda show up at the end to clean everything up, and Mothra only exists to die to make Burning Godzilla happen, again. I know they are shown before their arrival, when I say “just kinda show up” I mean they stop the plot abruptly and fix everything. For all the focus given to Bagan and Gamera, they end up just sitting on the sidelines while Burning Godzilla fixes everything.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Splendid match-up with a lot of plot and good action. Would definitely classify this as one of the 'story' fights rather than the slugfests. Interesting line up of characters too on the respective teams.
Spoiler:
Only critiques are it felt a bit like Team A was being hard-carried by Hedorah. Burning Godzilla and Bagan teaming up is cool for visual though, so I'm quite happy with the result.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

FInally got around to reading more of this. All around, pretty good stuff! Intense action, continuing the story, and alternate timelinesare really starting to play now, which brings back King Caesar into the fold.. kinda. (I do like the detail of him using his Millennium design in this banner whil 370's used Showa) Also, White Rodan! Neat!
Spoiler:
I do agree with GVR tho that Hedorah was kinda carrying everyone on his team and Mothra just showed up to like.. die. I also think Zilla died strangely fast, but overall, it's still really good.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Wasn’t expecting a sequel to SoSI to release so quickly, but all I can say before reading it is LETS GOOOO BABYYYYY!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Great banners from Nagoda, as usual, but my main problems were how quickly some of the monsters died, even some of the more powerful ones like the Colossal Titan died so quickly. Hedorah being the big villain was a great thing to see in a match as big as this one.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Finally got done reading the new match, and wow, what a match it was! Perfect in nearly every way and perfectly continued the story. My only problem, like some have said before, is how some kaiju died a little too quickly, but I think with a match as big as this one it's to be expected. Great work all around.
Also props to Nagoda for the amazing banners, stuff gives me chills just looking at them.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Also going to add, when I saw Impact in title of the match, I thought an Evangelion character was finally getting added.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
Finally finished the match, and it was stellar! Bacon and Andrew were on a roll with this one! The action and tone lived up to their narrative of a long big-time knock-out brawl of two opposing sides, and two new variations of classic monsters finally saw their first use in the KWC, which was a real treat.

On another note, I personally think only Zilla died too soon; all the others were fine. And Hedorah being the final big solo villain was awesome. I was worried he would be another pawn or would go down half-heartedly, but no, he got to be a serious menace to even the likes of Bagan.

Thirdly, everyone’s talking about White Rodan or Kaiju dying too soon or LPG duo acting as deus-ex-machinas, but is nobody gonna say anything about Black MechaGodzilla making an official appearance? If Hedorah was the Sauron of the story, Black Mecha G was the Witch King—and he absolutely lived up to it. Dude was a total menace from beginning to end, and him taking out Balkzardan in death was a completely pro gamer move.

I only have one nitpick: in one sentence, Gorosaurus and “Godzilla” are described as squamate reptiles.

Dinosaurs aren’t squamates. They’re archosaurs.

All in all, great match. Bacon and KaijuX deserve a medal. Can’t wait to see the final battle in the future. :huge:
Added in 2 minutes 58 seconds:
Spoiler:
Side note: does this Colossal Titan have boobs?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:15 pm Added in 2 minutes 58 seconds:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Nah, Titans don’t really change in appearance too much except for hair color/style between hosts, and the Colossal Titan obviously doesn’t have that either. Maybe a slightly slimmer face than Kubal’s, but that’d be it.
KWCE Administrator

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:15 pm Dinosaurs aren’t squamates. They’re archosaurs.
:dizzy: Well, I didn't know that. I just saw "scaled reptiles" and was like "good enough." :lol:
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:15 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
No, as Boobs are made of Fat and Skin, while the Colossal Titan is pure muscle. Cant have boobs if you don’t even have flesh or fat to make them.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Spoiler:
I don't think I've ever seen anyone describe King Caesar as a huntmaster liger, but that's pretty cool.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:21 pm
Spoiler:
I don't think I've ever seen anyone describe King Caesar as a huntmaster liger, but that's pretty cool.
Funny enough, he's described like that in this matches prequel lol