The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Upon re-reading Godzilla: Cataclysm, I was wondering if Mothra (Millennium) should be allowed to use her antennae beams and wing lightning in the KWC. Becuase in Cataclysm, Millennium Mothra is depicted using those powers; similar to how Millennium Baragon is depicted behaving like Showa Baragon, even using his magma heat ray, in Rulers of Earth.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:30 pm Upon re-reading Godzilla: Cataclysm, I was wondering if Mothra (Millennium) should be allowed to use her antennae beams and wing lightning in the KWC. Becuase in Cataclysm, Millennium Mothra is depicted using those powers; similar to how Millennium Baragon is depicted behaving like Showa Baragon, even using his magma heat ray, in Rulers of Earth.
How I think of it is like this. Yes, Millenium Baragon does behave like Showa Baragon and use his Magma Ray, but Millenium Baragon was originally going to have that ability in the original version of G.M.K. regardless. If it was that version of Mothra using the antenna beams and lightning in other comics, or if Mothra was always intended to have those abilities, I think it would be allowed, but I think that one instance is too much of a stretch (though I'm not the best when it comes to explaining possibilities like this, so my argument may be poor.)

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

For the K.W.C. Usually for a monster to have an ability, two different sources are needed to give the monster said power. For GMK Baragon, the two sources are:

1) The original draft as mentioned by Dunkeeni
2) Godzilla Self Defense Force (Because GMK Baragon does indeed use a heat ray).

If there was another Millennium Mothra source using that power, then there is a real chance those abilities could be added. It just needs to be outside the comics.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I thought GMK Baragon got his heat ray from the Rulers of Earth comic as well. Millennium Mothra getting the antenna beams and wing lightning would be cool.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:28 pm I thought GMK Baragon got his heat ray from the Rulers of Earth comic as well.
And I thought it was from the Pipeworks games.

RIP Evan.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:28 pm I thought GMK Baragon got his heat ray from the Rulers of Earth comic as well. Millennium Mothra getting the antenna beams and wing lightning would be cool.
It may have been. I know we were quite confident that we had plenty of support for said heat ray. I know for sure Battra got its wing powder from that game though (well, at least 1 source supporting it. The other was from a book if I'm not mistaken).
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

The Mothra in Unleashed is based on Millennium Mothra IIRC, and she does have antenna beams in there, so would that be a good enough second source?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:05 pm
Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:28 pm I thought GMK Baragon got his heat ray from the Rulers of Earth comic as well. Millennium Mothra getting the antenna beams and wing lightning would be cool.
It may have been. I know we were quite confident that we had plenty of support for said heat ray. I know for sure Battra got its wing powder from that game though (well, at least 1 source supporting it. The other was from a book if I'm not mistaken).
Actually I believe it was Godzilla Island. Wikizilla says he sheds red powder in that show.

In the game, the powder's green, but it's basically the same thing.

Added in 35 seconds:
CommanderPhoenix wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:05 pm The Mothra in Unleashed is based on Millennium Mothra IIRC, and she does have antenna beams in there, so would that be a good enough second source?
I'm pretty sure she was based on Heisei Mothra.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

In regards to Millennium Mothra using additional powers, generally two sources holds true; but even then, it's still up to staff to make the choice to implement that. For example, Battra's poison powder is derived from Godzilla Island and Godzilla Defense Force, and thus was added.

An example I can give of a two-sourced power that we've vetoed is King Caesar. In Godzilla Island, King Caesar has a (one time use) lightning beam he shoots from his mouth. This power, much like Battra's, got a reappearance in Godzilla Defense Force. But we ultimately decided against its inclusion because giving King Caesar a mouth beam takes away from what makes King Caesar unique. These are the kind of things we take into account when it comes to additional powers.

For my two cents, while I do understand the clamor for giving her beam weapons, I don't think it's fully necessary for her right now. This isn't to say that I can't change my mind on the matter at a later point, but my instincts are telling me the time isn't now. And in regards to the Pipeworks games, they're a tricky hybrid of Heisei and Millennium; so how far one leans into the other is somewhat subjective.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
And it only took a full five years.

DAGAHRA'S BACK! And he's also fighting Legion, who could need some more matches herself! This is a pretty fun read that makes good use of both of their powers, and also some nice interactions with the Symbiotics and the Barem.

Also, pretty gnarly finish. Wasn't expecting Legion to basically get poisoned, burned alive AND bleed to death at the same time.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Spoiler:
Dagahra has done what Grand King Ghidorah couldn't do!

That was a pretty good match, seeing Dagahra win in general is a gift in all its glory.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

This was a pretty good movie with a pretty well done atmosphere at the beginning.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
The premise and the action of the match was really good and delightfully brutal; however, it is dragged down by lacking punctuation. A large majority of sentences are either too long with little to no divisions, or too long with only commas serving to divide them; some of them have moments where they should be stopped with a period and the second half should be another sentence, while others needed to be divided more effectively. For example:

Before:
Dagahra lost altitude as he was flung onto his back and slammed into the concrete and buildings on the ground, all crumbling around him, his emerald body carved a trench in the terrain before coming to a halt.

After editing:
Dagahra lost altitude as he was flung onto his back and slammed into the concrete and buildings on the ground, all crumbling around him. His emerald body carved a trench in the terrain before coming to a halt.

Before:
Despite their victory, there was no rest for the weary, as more creatures crawled out of alleys and vacated buildings, the soldiers readied their weapons as more metallic beasts inched towards them.

After editing:
Despite their victory, there was no rest for the weary, as more creatures crawled out of alleys and vacated buildings; the soldiers readying their weapons as more metallic beasts inched towards them.

As for everything else, though, I think the match did well. The battle between the two monsters was an entertaining and gnarly bout, and Dagahra's unexpected last-minute victory was a clever surprise. On top of that, the banner is absolutely kick ass.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Just realized that we're 2 matches away from having the Revamped version of Match 51.
I am hyped to read something I've read 10 times before

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:32 pm
Spoiler:
The premise and the action of the match was really good and delightfully brutal; however, it is dragged down by lacking punctuation. A large majority of sentences are either too long with little to no divisions, or too long with only commas serving to divide them; some of them have moments where they should be stopped with a period and the second half should be another sentence, while others needed to be divided more effectively. For example:

Before:
Dagahra lost altitude as he was flung onto his back and slammed into the concrete and buildings on the ground, all crumbling around him, his emerald body carved a trench in the terrain before coming to a halt.

After editing:
Dagahra lost altitude as he was flung onto his back and slammed into the concrete and buildings on the ground, all crumbling around him. His emerald body carved a trench in the terrain before coming to a halt.

Before:
Despite their victory, there was no rest for the weary, as more creatures crawled out of alleys and vacated buildings, the soldiers readied their weapons as more metallic beasts inched towards them.

After editing:
Despite their victory, there was no rest for the weary, as more creatures crawled out of alleys and vacated buildings; the soldiers readying their weapons as more metallic beasts inched towards them.

As for everything else, though, I think the match did well. The battle between the two monsters was an entertaining and gnarly bout, and Dagahra's unexpected last-minute victory was a clever surprise. On top of that, the banner is absolutely kick ass.
As an editor, I will try and keep tabs on this in the future. I did try to cut down on some the longer-winded sentences that I picked up on.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

ngl I think Millennium Mothra is fine being beamless.
Can we get her hybridized with Showa?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Moth wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:54 pm ngl I think Millennium Mothra is fine being beamless.
She already is Showa. Literally, she is descended from or is the Original Mothra from the Mothra Movie in Tokyo SOS. That’s as Showa as you can get right there.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Nagoda wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:25 pm
Moth wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:54 pm ngl I think Millennium Mothra is fine being beamless.
She already is Showa. Literally, she is descended from or is the Original Mothra from the Mothra Movie in Tokyo SOS. That’s as Showa as you can get right there.
I think he means moreso why doesn't the KWC hybridize Showa Mothra with Millennium, like what was done with Showa Gigan & Gigan Millennium.

For the actual answer, that was shot down by Anthony. I think in the case of Gigan, there is a clear case to pull from in Rulers of Earth where Showa is modified into the Millennium version, which is great for us! For Mothra, while yes, it is inferred to be the same Mothra, that same clear cut case isn't there.

For exact details, KaijuX can elaborate as he is the one who inquired, but that is why we don't hybridize the two.
—Epsilon

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Greyshot151 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:40 am
Nagoda wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:25 pm
I think he means moreso why doesn't the KWC hybridize Showa Mothra with Millennium, like what was done with Showa Gigan & Gigan Millennium.

For the actual answer, that was shot down by Anthony. I think in the case of Gigan, there is a clear case to pull from in Rulers of Earth where Showa is modified into the Millennium version, which is great for us! For Mothra, while yes, it is inferred to be the same Mothra, that same clear cut case isn't there.

For exact details, KaijuX can elaborate as he is the one who inquired, but that is why we don't hybridize the two.
How much more clear cut does it HAVE to be? It is literally a follow up of the Showa Mothra film in Tokyo SOS implied to be the same character and all.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Overall, good match, not really surprised that Skullcrawler lost, same with Mothra.