The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:59 pm
Actually this match/arc is all me. The Cataclysm of the Titanverse matches are still WIP, and KaijuX and I have have some awesome stuff planned, but this match is actually the start of another arc. I've reached out to other writers to co-write some of this new series and hopefully you'll get to see their work sooner rather than later.
But it’s still in the same shared universe.

That’s what I meant by that. I just call that entire universe “The Greyshot/KaijuX Saga” or alternatively “The Tyler/Andrew Saga.”
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

And thus, the story continues. Seriously one of my favorite matches of the year so far. Every character was written perfectly and the action was seriously intense.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

That alien thing is creepy, but still, a great match, and an unexpected win for Gabara.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Probably my fav Gabara fight on this site which is no small feat. Good action and some splendid stuff.
Spoiler:
I am getting annoyed at the use of Gyaos and how I can't even pretend it might have a chance of winning a fight. Deserves better.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I found myself rather enjoying the match and ultimately curious to see where it ultimately goes.
Spoiler:
A big part for me is the integration of Gabara and Gyaos being "nightmare monsters" coming from those tormented by them, which is a really nice touch that I really enjoy.
And as Greyshot said, updated the Continuity Registry for those curious!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/k-w-c- ... -register/
Last edited by KaijuX on Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Cataclysm of the Gods arc?

Threat frozen in ice?

I wonder who it could be...?👀

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:47 pm Threat frozen in ice?
I think he is referring to Desghidorah, because in the Greyshot series, Desghidorah got buried in ice while battling Kiryu.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:12 pm
I think he is referring to Desghidorah, because in the Greyshot series, Desghidorah got buried in ice while battling Kiryu.
Are you forgetting the ending of match 225? With that frozen meteor?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:51 am
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:12 pm
Are you forgetting the ending of match 225? With that frozen meteor?
Spoiler:
Maybe it's a certain eight-headed serpent...?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:47 pm Cataclysm of the Gods arc?
Indeed! While the I am still working on the Titanverse matches, this arc really has been a focus for the past few years. As the continuity list infers, this arc does have a lot of matches, but I can happily say that a lot of the work has already been done. The first 4 have been submitted earlier this year. Chapter 5 and the next Titan match should be submitted probably in the next month. And while I've yet to start Chapter 6, the others including Chapters 7, 8 & 9 are all mostly done with just a re-read necessary and I'd like to get them all sent to the KWC staff by the end of the year.

Basically, if you like the pace, length, characters, and style of this match, expect that going forward.
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:12 pm I think he is referring to Desghidorah, because in the Greyshot series, Desghidorah got buried in ice while battling Kiryu.

While I won't confirm any details, I can say the identity of the entity at the end as well as the main antagonist should appear in the next chapter. Though it would be awesome if Desghidorah got a match to really shine in. I would give that idea a 9 out of 10 and I think GvR would agree. ;)
godjacob wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:34 pm
Spoiler:
I am getting annoyed at the use of Gyaos and how I can't even pretend it might have a chance of winning a fight. Deserves better.
While the winner wasn't who you thought it was going to be, I hope the interpretation and use of the character was menacing & to your enjoyment. I will say, if Gomora and the Gyaos did have that final standoff and weren't interrupted, Gyaos would have taken the win. The Super Oscillatory Wave just can't compete with the Sonic Rays's lethality or speed.

And just to reference the Gyaos, having the Inspector's nightmare version was a fun change of pace. Not sure if anyone caught on, but I hybridized Super Gyaos and Hyper Gyaos. Nagoda even created a hybrid version for the banner.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Greyshot151 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:42 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:47 pm Cataclysm of the Gods arc?
Indeed! While the I am still working on the Titanverse matches, this arc really has been a focus for the past few years. As the continuity list infers, this arc does have a lot of matches, but I can happily say that a lot of the work has already been done. The first 4 have been submitted earlier this year. Chapter 5 and the next Titan match should be submitted probably in the next month. And while I've yet to start Chapter 6, the others including Chapters 7, 8 & 9 are all mostly done with just a re-read necessary and I'd like to get them all sent to the KWC staff by the end of the year.

Basically, if you like the pace, length, characters, and style of this match, expect that going forward.
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:12 pm I think he is referring to Desghidorah, because in the Greyshot series, Desghidorah got buried in ice while battling Kiryu.

While I won't confirm any details, I can say the identity of the entity at the end as well as the main antagonist should appear in the next chapter. Though it would be awesome if Desghidorah got a match to really shine in. I would give that idea a 9 out of 10 and I think GvR would agree. ;)
godjacob wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:34 pm
Spoiler:
While the winner wasn't who you thought it was going to be, I hope the interpretation and use of the character was menacing & to your enjoyment. I will say, if Gomora and the Gyaos did have that final standoff and weren't interrupted, Gyaos would have taken the win. The Super Oscillatory Wave just can't compete with the Sonic Rays's lethality or speed.

And just to reference the Gyaos, having the Inspector's nightmare version was a fun change of pace. Not sure if anyone caught on, but I hybridized Super Gyaos and Hyper Gyaos. Nagoda even created a hybrid version for the banner.
Didn't mean to say I found your specific use of Gyaos bad, more speaking of his to be frank crappy track record in KWC as a whole as a larger problem. Not a you problem.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

godjacob wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:23 pm ... more speaking of his to be frank crappy track record in KWC as a whole as a larger problem...
I think that the main problem with the Gyaos are three fold:

1) Easy Swarm Monster - Pretty basic but if you want your fight to have plenty of fodder, the Gyaos are a great choice. I think this also explains why the Skullcrawlers are in a similar situation with their 0-7 streak.

2) No central identity - While we do have the Super Gyaos at the end of G1, its uniqueness is ultimately drowned out by the Hyper Gyaos from G3. There isn't a core leader or member of its species to attach to (Unlike Ramarak for the Skullcrawlers) meaning the writer needs to make up or give said member unique traits in a story based match. A type of match far more common nowadays in the KWC compared to the past.

3) Bad typing - Its weird to say, but I think the kaiju also suffers from being a main villain and a predator. If we compare this to other KWC staples, Gigan (common bad guy) & Baragon Showa (I'd say the K.W.C.s default predator archetype), we see a similar streak with their win to loss ratio.

I think the closest we saw to these constraints being broken was GvR's recent match, Gamera vs. Gyaos vs. Mechagodzilla (Legendary), with the Albino Gyaos. Sadly, while I do think the streak will eventually be broken, I think it'll be a while until we see that eventuality.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

It's mostly the same case with Skullcrawler, as well, just not with the main villain thing, just more of that character that gets disrespected.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KaijuX inspired me to look at the Wayback Machine and like.. wow. I think this is the earliest version of the K.W.C, right after it rebranded from being the Toho Monster Wrestling Federation! Astounding to see how many things changed.

https://web.archive.org/web/20031206063 ... es/kwc.htm

The bottom right tab takes you to the Arenas btw. Also note that not all of the images on the Roster Statistic work, though I assume some of them look identical to how they do now.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:20 pm KaijuX inspired me to look at the Wayback Machine and like.. wow. I think this is the earliest version of the K.W.C, right after it rebranded from being the Toho Monster Wrestling Federation! Astounding to see how many things changed.

https://web.archive.org/web/20031206063 ... es/kwc.htm

The bottom right tab takes you to the Arenas btw. Also note that not all of the images on the Roster Statistic work, though I assume some of them look identical to how they do now.
Oh god
Being so use to the new one, it makes that just look wrong

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

And what I was also able to retrieve (even if it's visually obvious) is the old Japanese name for the KWC--"怪獣役歴代史" (Kaijū-yaku rekidaishi). However, the translation given tends to lean more towards "Kaiju Role History" from Google Translate, and DeepL giving "A Brief History of Monster Roles". Personally, I feel like what I'd go for with the KWC's Japanese name should be "怪獣戦記" (Kaiju Senki), which translates into "Kaiju War/Battle Record", a far more appropriate title all things considered.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

A little off topic, but I went back and read Match 156 and oh my god, I want a continuation of that story.

Added in 29 seconds:
Dunkeeni wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:59 pm A little off topic, but I went back and read Match 155 and oh my god, I want a continuation of that story.

GojiraOverlord
Samurai

Post by GojiraOverlord »

can Megalon be used as an xillien weapon but if the mothership were to be destroyed can he use his own free will to fight for himself? like join Godzilla
Bagan is the best Kaiju around, change my Mind

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GojiraOverlord wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:34 pm can Megalon be used as an xillien weapon but if the mothership were to be destroyed can he use his own free will to fight for himself? like join Godzilla
Not a mod or anything but far as Final Wars canon goes, pretty sure the Xiliens can control anything except those that lacks M-base like that version of Godzilla or "Keizers". Who on the roster would fit this is more up in the air given how vague both of these are.
Last edited by godjacob on Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

And yet again, Joshua strikes it out of the park!
Spoiler:
The Trilopods return once more, and their hybridized wrath is used in full force! We have variants from each era, including a SUPER badass Biollant-Trilopod hybrid near the end. Also nice to see a banner also made by Josh, though I'm assuming Nagoda helped with the amalgamations.

Fun fact about myself, I actually have history with the Battra and Anguirus hybrids on the banner. I'll wait to see if Nagoda will say anything though before i elaborate
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!