The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:10 pmAlso,, Venom didn't make 1b and I actually liked that one.
Still made a ton load of money despite negative reviews.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:37 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:10 pmAlso,, Venom didn't make 1b and I actually liked that one.
Still made a ton load of money despite negative reviews.
800m to 900m would also be a shit ton of money though. Jurassic list 300m from JW to FK and FK didn't face Dominion's potential problems.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:24 am800m to 900m would also be a poop ton of money though. Jurassic list 300m from JW to FK and FK didn't face Dominion's potential problems.
Still predicting a billion.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

You know, thinking about it, I believe the movie would've done better if it was more about the dinosaurs roaming freely in the US and how they threaten humanity. Biosyn could've made a deal with politics to capture and seemingly kill the dinosaurs only for them to capture and actually study them to prepare the locust story.
Meanwhile the Giganotosaurus (while acting like an animal) is an especially big threat as it's young, has lots of energy and therefor hunts and eats a lot. Even more than any other carnivore to be exact. Thus giving us various horror scenes in which he attacks citizens. And unlike Rexy, who is way too old to hunt and feast upon humanity, as she prefers to prey and hunt on humans and animals who don't take a notice of her until it's too late, the Giga hunts in the open and goes for the straight fight and kill. It would even give the Giga more of a villain aura while still maintaining it's animal-like behaviour.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Dyrakro wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:31 am You know, thinking about it, I believe the movie would've done better if it was more about the dinosaurs roaming freely in the US and how they threaten humanity.
The movie isn't about this? Wtf?

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:33 am
Dyrakro wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:31 am You know, thinking about it, I believe the movie would've done better if it was more about the dinosaurs roaming freely in the US and how they threaten humanity.
Yeah, that's my biggest issue with the movie. The past 5 films played with the premise of dinosaurs escaping to the mainland, and FK finally committed to that in the end. But then Dominion throws that away in favor of trying to be the next Gattaca whilst also taking cheap shots against GMOs in a schizophrenic attempt to mean something.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Dyrakro wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:31 amYou know, thinking about it, I believe the movie would've done better if it was more about the dinosaurs roaming freely in the US and how they threaten humanity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiaXHny9KD0&t=226s

"Humans have a buttload of weapons and firearms. Welcome back to normal world"

Hell we overhunted most Ice Age megafauna to extinction with just spears and sticks.

Hence the dumb premise Dominion even has to begin with.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:15 pm
Dyrakro wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:31 amYou know, thinking about it, I believe the movie would've done better if it was more about the dinosaurs roaming freely in the US and how they threaten humanity.

Hell we overhunted most Ice Age megafauna to extinction with just spears and sticks.

If shooting the dinosaurs were that easy people wouldn't be up in arms when a lion is hunted.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:44 pmIf shooting the dinosaurs were that easy people wouldn't be up in arms when alone is hunted.
In real life dinosaurs would be easy to kill. They're just like any other animals. They're not these bulletproof monsters they're made out to be lol.

Said buttload of weapons and firearms would kill every single one of them. As if some overgrown lizards could compete with that.

Let's also be honest too, what makes Dominion's premise dumber is the fact in real life, if these "dinosaurs" (Which aren't even truly dinosaurs to begin with but rather chimeras) were released as seen at the end of Fallen Kingdom. They'd be culled from the get-go being they're basically invasive species'.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:48 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:44 pmIf shooting the dinosaurs were that easy people wouldn't be up in arms when alone is hunted.
In real life dinosaurs would be easy to kill. They're just like any other animals. They're not these bulletproof monsters they're made out to be lol.

Said buttload of weapons and firearms would kill every single one of them. As if some overgrown lizards could compete with that.

Let's also be honest too, what makes Dominion's premise dumber is the fact in real life, if these "dinosaurs" (Which aren't even truly dinosaurs to begin with but rather chimeras) were released as seen at the end of Fallen Kingdom. They'd be culled from the get-go being they're basically invasive species'.
First off my mistake, I ment a lion not alone. There would be huge movements to not just shoot the dinosaurs the same way animals are protected now.

Dominion is a movie it's suppose to have a dumb plot. It's the same way Japan and now American don't know what to do with Godzilla. Half the Toho films would he solved by sending unmade nuclear submarines I to the pacific.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

It was very good. Loaded with one great dino sequence after another. It respected the history, iconic characters, and hallmarks of the franchise...which is more than what can be said about other modern revivals of classic properties. Much stronger effort than Fallen Kingdom. Didn't have any political/social agenda stuff in it, which is always a win these days.

Not an instant classic or modern masterpiece of blockbuster filmmaking like Top Gun: Maverick, but it is a hell of a damn good dinosaur adventure that does the franchise justice.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

It was a fun movie. Trailers showed exactly what it was going to be: A big dumb fun movie, and that's what I got and enjoyed. Some moments seemed... sketchy with the script, but nothing as bad as say Pacific Rim Uprising or GvK's human script, but the constant dinosaur action and the large number of animatronics at that, helped alleviate those issues if only a bit. Is it my favorite JP movie? No, even ignoring the first one, Jurassic World is still a movie I feel is stronger than this. Is it my least favorite? Again, no. I have too many irritating annoying gripes with TLW for Dominion to fall down there. It's... somewhere in the middle, a fun romp if you just wanna turn off your brain and watch a lot of action and see old faces done justice.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:15 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:33 am
Yeah, that's my biggest issue with the movie. The past 5 films played with the premise of dinosaurs escaping to the mainland, and FK finally committed to that in the end. But then Dominion throws that away in favor of trying to be the next Gattaca whilst also taking cheap shots against GMOs in a schizophrenic attempt to mean something.
What an odd decision.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:15 pm

How has it been 4 godamn years since Fallen Kingdom and people still don't get that ending.

The problem is not dinosaurs in the wild. That's bad, that's an issue that will shake the entire world and redefine the ecosystem but it is NOT the apocalyptic thing that ending is warning for our future.

It's the fact dinosaurs are LOOSE and able to be exploited by ANYONE. The entire franchise up to this point has been because of ONE company making dinosaurs and now we have the world with literal genetic samples at their door to exploit. Who cares if the world is able to clean up most of the dinosaur stuff (which isn't guaranteed, look at literally any invasive specjes), when the next Hammond can make another park, bioengineered soldiers and who knows what and unleash it all over again?

Not to mention I can literally not think of a worst fucking film to watch then seeing the majestic and awesome dinosaurs we spent 5 films watching get shot down effortlessly and then have it be a good thing.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:05 pmThe problem is not dinosaurs in the wild. That's bad, that's an issue that will shake the entire world and redefine the ecosystem but it is NOT the apocalyptic thing that ending is warning for our future.

Who cares if the world is able to clean up most of the dinosaur stuff (which isn't guaranteed, look at literally any invasive specjes), when the next Hammond can make another park, bioengineered soldiers and who knows what and unleash it all over again?
I mean invasive animal species in real life aren't as big as said dinosaurs so that should be no issue in dealing with or spotting. The compy's and smaller dinosaurs like them I'll give you though.

Funny how our ancestors back then too were capable of wiping many dangerous prehistoric species' to extinction (Once again with spears, sticks and stones) with ease yet today especially with the weapons and tech we have can't? Lol sure.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I had a great time watching Dominion! I can't wait to see it again!

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:09 pm I mean invasive animal species in real life aren't as big as said dinosaurs so that should be no issue in dealing with or spotting.
Ahh, you're right. Invasive species can't be large animals.

That's why the Burmese python, one of the largest reptiles in the world, totally didn't establish a foothold in Florida and are totally not causing an ecological collapse right now.

Oh wait.
Funny how our ancestors back then too were capable of wiping many dangerous prehistoric species' to extinction (Once again with spears, sticks and stones) with ease yet today especially with the weapons and tech we have can't? Lol sure.
Did you, like, not read a single word Soggy typed out?

---> The point

---> The ground

---> You
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Fallen Kingdom's ending is just what Dr. Malcom had been saying since the first film. The genetic power the dinosaurs offer is what she be feared not the dinosaurs themselves.

As soggy mentioned Wu already made the Indominus and Indoraptor, how long until somone made something worse then those two.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:53 pmAhh, you're right. Invasive species can't be large animals.

That's why the Burmese python, one of the largest reptiles in the world, totally didn't establish a foothold in Florida and are totally not causing an ecological collapse right now.

Oh wait.
They're big sure but when compared to the likes of T-Rex? Brachiosaurus? Triceratops?

Those would all just be literal walking targets to be easily shot. More then enough for SWAT teams to handle with their firepower alone also factoring in the shooting helicopters.

I admit we'd have trouble with the smaller dinosaurs though like compy's but the big ones would be no problem.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:59 pm
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:53 pmAhh, you're right. Invasive species can't be large animals.

Oh wait.
They're big sure but when compared to the likes of T-Rex? Brachiosaurus? Triceratops?

Those would all just be literal walking targets to be easily shot. More then enough for SWAT teams to handle with their firepower alone also factoring in the shooting helicopters.

I admit we'd have trouble with the smaller dinosaurs though like compy's but the big ones would be no problem.
What's your solution when they make a bulletproof dinosaur that knows how to follow orders?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image