What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:43 am Because most employers never fail to take advantage of their hardest workers. A 50 cent hourly "raise" is a hollow gesture to keep you around without actually rewarding your efforts.

Quit. You're being jerked around. I don't know the circumstances of this promotion they say you're being lined up for, but I've heard that story before, and it often ends with the person still being "lined up" for the promotion two more years down the line. I've been that person.
My job pays very well and the promotion is a real thing in this case. By necessity on the company's part, really. And for reasons I can't get into. I really appreciate your concern, though. I've also seen the same thing. But the "raise" was a slap in the face, for sure.

I've got a good relationship with a couple of our clients who would like to have me on board, though. So if I ever get to the point where it's looking like there's no more development to be had, I won't hesitate to take them up on their offers.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I bought a model kit for the Nu-Gundam and realized I put a piece on the back unit the wrong way around. When I tried to remove said piece to put in the right way, the connective pegs broke out.

FUCK

MODEL

KITS

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Israel has began bombing Rafah, at the exact same time the Oscars take place.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Getting the news that my mother's been hospitalized from a brain bleed was a real gut punch today.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:13 pm Getting the news that my mother's been hospitalized from a brain bleed was a real gut punch today.
Ah geez that sounds awful. I'm sorry man, but hopefully she turns out alright.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:13 pm Getting the news that my mother's been hospitalized from a brain bleed was a real gut punch today.
That's awful. Hope she's able to recover.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Watched my high school friend group erode before my eyes over the last month or two. I've kept in contact with my close friends over the past few years, and we'd occasionally have discord calls and everything, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I'd say of the group of 6 I was the most liberal/progressive, but the rest of my friends, barring another, were pretty politically neutral. There would be times where I would say something ridiculous, and my friends would call me out, and we'd have an actual discussion about things. But now one other friends essentially left, and a new guy replaced him.

It appears to have started with an idiot hanging out with my friends, who entered the group chat and starts posting conspiracy theories. When Tucker Carlson was a mouthpiece for Putin, he was discussing and acting as though Tucker was some genius level reporter for succumbing to a dictator. There has been some pushback, but IMO it's not enough, and I have zero clue what my friends see in this person. Other common traits are complaining about migrants, and posting very sensationalized news articles about a variety of topics that make me go "aaaueeeh". Because a good chunk of my friends are actual children of immigrants, and I don't know this guys background, it's not something that in this specific case that I think is intended from a source of maliciousness, just someone being an idiotic reactionary sponge.

Now, I want to be clear that despite my political beliefs, I don't like calling people out privately, or assuming/making judgmental beliefs solely for politics. But it goes far beyond that. If you want evidence he's an idiot, I recommended Godzilla Minus One to my friend, when it came out. They thankfully saw it, but this guy was ragging on Minus One, saying it was mid and stupid. A lot of weird remarks about the film that sort of indicate to me that someone is really lacking any actual brain power. In the group chat it felt like my friends were sort of going along with this bozo, but when we talked about it separately and privately, I got the feeling that they enjoyed it more.

Edit: when someone asked if anyone was watching the Oscar’s, I said Godzilla won the VFX. The idiot responded something about the red pins that Billie Ellish wore being some symbol for the Illuminati?

If you think I'm being really judgmental for the third paragraph, maybe cringey even, so be it. I'm also not saying if you don't like Minus One you're an idiot. However, the Godzilla Minus One example is a clear moment of where its easy to suddenly recognize that someone is a total dolt and not interested in at all in engaging with them. Friends of mine have said raunchy/controversial stuff before, but we always talk about it because at the end of the day I respect them and have known them for a long time. But with this person? Why bother? Why bother arguing with an idiot I don't know?

The big ruination moment is I'm accepting that a friend group has fallen apart, and that people have changed. Is this a big deal? Probably not. But I felt the need to write it out here, for my own sake, as part of that acceptance. It's been something I've been thinking about months and I think this is forcing me to accept it and my emotions surrounding everything.

I am considering privately messaging some of my friends and asking them about this. I think a few of them might actually feel the same way. To an extent I am worried about this affecting our relationship...but then I go back to the last paragraph and recognize: eh? So be it. Friendships begin, end, erode and renew.

Added in 32 minutes 52 seconds:
I’m sorry for this, and I hope she’s okay/recovers.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Update: there's possibly not a brain bleed as originally thought, but she's still being treated for diabetic ketoacidosis.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

That sounds like better news than a brain bleed, but still not good news. Hope you guys are ok.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Boy, I sure love it when a dude I genuinely admired for his fantastic spritework and storytelling turns out to be a racist asshole who apparently keeps lying to his fanbase saying he's going to change that, only to go back.

https://twitter.com/blivveries/status/1 ... 56/photo/1

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Ryanosaurus
Ronin

Post by Ryanosaurus »

My wife wants to see other people.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Ryanosaurus wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:19 am My wife wants to see other people.
That's really rough, man. I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you guys can find a way to work through it.

Ryanosaurus
Ronin

Post by Ryanosaurus »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:24 pm That's really rough, man. I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you guys can find a way to work through it.
Thanks, I really do appreciate that. She's since been vacillating on things, and I do believe there is some timeline in which we can make things work... but just by virtue of her considering separation has really shaken my world. I'm glad she was at least forthright and honest so that we have a chance to work things out, but then I also don't want to cling to any false hope. It's just a really terrible situation. Hopefully marriage counseling will be able to improve things.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

My dad's car got stolen. Right in front of the house, at 1am in the morning. Didn't notice it was gone till the morning hours later. Unbelievable. Goddamn asshole criminals. Burn em all.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:13 pm My dad's care got stolen. Right in front of the house, at 1am in the morning. Didn't notice it was gone till the morning hours later. Unbelievable. Goddamn asshole criminals. Burn em all.
Someone stole your dad's care? Time to call the Care Bears!

Sorry, couldn't resist. That sucks dude. Sorry about that.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:13 pm My dad's car got stolen. Right in front of the house, at 1am in the morning. Didn't notice it was gone till the morning hours later. Unbelievable. Goddamn asshole criminals. Burn em all.
As someone who had his two bikes stolen in a span of two months, I feel your pain. BURN 'EM ALL!
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft