What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The motherboard on my practically brand new Google Pixel7 Pro is apparently shot. Its been getting progressively worse since the Friday before Christmas and now its practically unusable. If there's any consolation shit like that is protected by warranty and should be able to get a new one completely free of charge. Still my consecutive login streak for Dragonball Z: Dokkan Battle has officially come to an end (probably).
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Quite literally slept through the entire day. Took a nap when I got home from work at 3 pm, now its 1:30 am. The only food my family got me were some shitty as taco bell quesadillas.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:34 pm Quite literally slept through the entire day. Took a nap when I got home from work at 3 pm, now its 1:30 am. The only food my family got me were some shitty as taco bell quesadillas.
Sure you're in the right thread? Ten and a half hours of sleep would make my day. :lol:

Not my whole day, but the last three hours got pretty jacked up. I got what I guess was a little fleck of cat litter in my eye, up under the eyelid, while stocking the pet supplies at work, and couldn't for the life of me get it out. Tried using the emergency eye wash station, all the water did was irritate my eye enough that I couldn't tell whether the thing came out or not. It didn't. Had to go back and try the eye wash station again later, and that finally did the job. Bleh. Annoying as hell.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Im one of those people who tries to make every hour count. I absolutely HATE wasting time that I could be using to work on things or what not.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:37 pm Im one of those people who tries to make every hour count. I absolutely HATE wasting time that I could be using to work on things or what not.
Totally feel that.
Really hate to sleep very long - or even worse - fall asleep immediately after coming back home from work.

I'm currently on a business trip in Basel since Monday. Never been there or to Swiss in general before and today is my last day. Barely did anything after working time. My colleague usually went straight to the hotel by 6PM and immediately went to bed a few hours later. Idk, normally I'd have gone out on my own and traveled a bit here. But whenever we returned to the hotel, I also kinda just stayed there, wasted the time by texting friends & family and basically doing nothing. Just now i get that feeling I prett ymuch wasted this opportunity. Feels bad man.

I mean I could still take some time to walk around after today's end. But would have to carry all my luggage with me and already have to head home in the evening.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I don't know what the fuck I did to my neck but jesus it hurts. I use a longboard to travel to and from work. I was going pretty fast and was looking off to the left when I hit a rock in the middle of the pavement. Immediately stopped me in my tracks and jerked me forward. Ive been in extreme pain ever since whenever I move my head.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Just learned that one of my friends was in the hospital.

Added in 27 seconds:
And he isn't expected to survive past tomorrow.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: God is merciful, all you have to do is put some faith into him.
They probably would have grown up to become very sinful people like their fathers were.
He literally knows everything, he knew how they would turn out.
He knew how they would turn out, they would turn out terrible people, but hey, we don't know if they are in heaven or not. Also, sinning in general is a death-worthy punishment.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:57 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: God is merciful, all you have to do is put some faith into him.
They probably would have grown up to become very sinful people like their fathers were.
He knew how they would turn out, they would turn out terrible people, but hey, we don't know if they are in heaven or not. Also, sinning in general is a death-worthy punishment.
you did not just do that.

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:
you disgust me, you literally just use this as a way to be spiteful, you are one sad person.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

This should be obvious do not troll or spite anyone who is going through ongoing duress and personal tragedy. Even if you think you're right, it's in poor taste to do so.

I don't know what'll happen Cam, but I hope your friend somehow gets better, or that their relatives, your friends, and family can find solace and peace in the coming weeks.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:57 pm
You are disgusting.

Added in 3 minutes 7 seconds:
Like holy shit that is disgraceful.

=====

Not really today but I got badly sunburnt across my face and shoulders.

Added in 1 minute 36 seconds:
Cam, I’m praying for your friend. And if the worse comes to pass, I’m sorry for you, their family and everyone he knew.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

"It's in poor taste"? Not a warning at the very least? That was one of the lowest, scummiest posts I've seen in a long time.

I'm sorry this happened to your friend, Cam. I hope he can pull through. If not, you and his family have my condolences, for what they're worth.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:44 am "It's in poor taste"? Not a warning at the very least? That was one of the lowest, scummiest posts I've seen in a long time.
Just for the record, he received a warning. And I agree, poor taste is too much of a euphemism; it was an incredibly shitty thing to pull and completely uncalled for.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

He died, I hope you're happy, Spirit. I don't know how it happened, waiting to see if my friends will say anything else about what went down, but I think they are just as clueless as I am.

Rest in Peace, Luke.

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Thank you to all you guys for those kind words, it means a lot (except you Spirit). It means a lot that random people are willing to offer kind words.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:23 am He died, I hope you're happy, Spirit. I don't know how it happened, waiting to see if my friends will say anything else about what went down, but I think they are just as clueless as I am.

Rest in Peace, Luke.

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Thank you to all you guys for those kind words, it means a lot (except you Spirit). It means a lot that random people are willing to offer kind words.
Gosh. Really sorry Cam. Couldn't imagine losing a friend so suddenly.

I have absolutely no idea what Spirit was trying to get at, but like.. wow, was that low.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

God rest his soul. I’m sorry for his family and yourself Cam. Hope Spirit’s comments didn’t cut too deep.
For Emperor and Empire!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:44 amNot a warning at the very least?
Yeah, let's let this be a reminder to all users that you do not see or get notifications when other people are warned. It happens fairly often without being publicly acknowledged.

This was pretty instantly a warning. Extremely uncalled for.

Having said that, let's also move along from the comment itself.

I'm very sorry for your lost, Cam.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Maritonic wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:24 am Yeah, let's let this be a reminder to all users that you do not see or get notifications when other people are warned. It happens fairly often without being publicly acknowledged.

Yeah, that occurred to me. I would say that the staff are somewhat obligated to publicly make it known whether warnings are handed out in situations involving egregious offenses like this, though. Just for the users' peace of mind, so we know that some kind of justice was dished out. Even if it is just a (usually) harmless board warning.

Sorry to LSD for jumping to conclusions, there. And yes, moving on.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:44 am
Maritonic wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:24 am Yeah, let's let this be a reminder to all users that you do not see or get notifications when other people are warned. It happens fairly often without being publicly acknowledged.

Yeah, that occurred to me. I would say that the staff are somewhat obligated to publicly make it known whether warnings are handed out in situations involving egregious offenses like this, though. Just for the users' peace of mind, so we know that some kind of justice was dished out. Even if it is just a (usually) harmless board warning.

Sorry to LSD for jumping to conclusions, there. And yes, moving on.
Depending on situation, we try to make it public to sort of make it known that this will not be tolerated. The one issue with this is every single time there is a warning made public, there's at least two or three members that have to keep the thread going by disagreeing with the decision to hand out the warning. Usually it's just easier to drop the warning and let the thread settle. It's honestly entirely circumstantial. Here it might have actually been beneficial, though, you are correct. But, alas.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I got warnings all the time without them being publicly announced :(

I don't feel special anymore.

I know it sucks, Cam. Nothing anyone will say nor do is going to make it any easier. Just try and keep it in the back of your mind that no matter what, he wouldn't want you stopping everything and just be depressed for weeks/months/year. Take the time to grieve, but also remember to live now that he's unable to. It'll get easier.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?