What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by JAGzilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:52 am
JAGzilla wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:51 am It's just one of those days where nothing works, everything is stressful crap, I don't have what I need, certain people need to have their teeth punched down their throat, I can't catch a break any step of the way, I don't have time for any of this, and I have to work tonight.
It's like one of those days where you think there's a deity somewhere out there that's writing the whole thing on a script, and it all comes at your expense for their entertainment.

One of those days?
Yup. And now that I've acknowledged it instead of groveling and being thankful, that deity's going to double down on everything.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:51 am It's just one of those days where nothing works, everything is stressful crap, I don't have what I need, certain people need to have their teeth punched down their throat, I can't catch a break any step of the way, I don't have time for any of this, and I have to work tonight.
Sorry your day's been crap man, I hope it turns around at least a little bit.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I hear you, JAG. I haven't been able to stop moving since I woke up yesterday, didn't sleep last night, and now I got work in 45 minutes. Must be something in the air. Keep your head up bud, we're all gonna make it.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Thanks, guys. That was one of the most needlessly stressful mornings I've had in a minute, but everything's pretty much calmed down at this point, finally. Hope you can get things turned around soon too, Major.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Didn't ruin my day exactly, more like it pissed me off. It was 3am, and I was itching for some fast food since I haven't had any in a while, so I uber ordered a fat cheat meal, 2 double bacon cheeseburgers and a large quarter pounder meal (which means fries and drink included obviously), and the order comes with a free 20 piece nugget. (Some of this would've been kept for tomorrow of course because even I can't demolish that much)

Now, I've ubered myself a few times, but I do the right thing and make sure everything in the order is accounted for before delivering it. In this situation both Mcdonald's and the Uber driver failed me.

The employees must've thought it was funny to throw one regular cheeseburger in a bag, along with the 20 nuggets and called it a day. No drink, no double burgers, no fries, no quarter pounder. The Uber Driver didn't think it suspicious when he dropped an empty bag at my door? Still debating whether to give him a thumbs down.

Now honestly it is funny when I think about the fact that they definitely saved my arteries tonight, but I essentially paid $40 for a cheeseburger, I called them up to absolutely sailor-swear their entire staff, but they were surprisingly smart enough not to answer. I got $25 back from Uber, which isn't ideal, but it did convince me that maybe late night fast food runs in general should be a no go since those people are incredibly unreliable.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

NSZ wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:37 am Man, have I been your shoes. For me, it was Tribe Twelve (a Slenderman series; one of the major ones, in fact), and its creator turned out to be pretty much the same level of horrible. If my state (WI) hadn't already killed Slenderman, this was what put the final nail in the coffin for a lot of folks.
That actually saddens me quite a bit. My little brother was a huge fan of Tribe Twelve and had filmed his own Slenderman series when he was younger, inspired by it and Marble Hornets. He looked up to Adam as a hero.

Given that my brother loved Adam and was also a big fan of Kanye, part of me is glad he didn't live long enough to watch his heroes become monsters.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:20 am Given that my brother loved Adam and was also a big fan of Kanye, part of me is glad he didn't live long enough to watch his heroes become monsters.
I use Spotify for music, and I literally refuse to take a listen to any of Kanye's music now. Part of it is priniciple, and not being interested in indirectly supporting someone so shitty, but also I just perpetually have a sour taste in my mouth. I can't listen to it any longer. Kanye was a clown before, then became weird with his ex, and now he's just straight up posting Neo-nazi and dumb shit. I, and many others, gave him many allowances, but it's just been a perpetual downwards slope of idocy for him. What's crazy about it all, is his egotistical stubborness. You'd think at some point, even if he does genuinely believe the crazy shit he's espousing, someone he trusts/respects would say, "Hey, you're losing a lot of money, ruining your legacy/career, and all-in-all just being an unfun person", and he'd have to decency to at least give a half-assed apology. Instead it seems like a rapid race to the bottom.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

^ I totally agree. The last thing by Ye I listened to was Yeezus back in October, and some of the lyrics were sus to say the least. That was an album I used to *love*. But Yeezus is a good example of how Ye used to say controversial stuff and I'd think "oh he's just on another level" whatever. But now I have to wonder how much of this rhetoric he's spitting is new and how much has been present all along.
I can't bring myself to support him as he flames out and self destructs in real time, surrounded by the kind of people he's been surrounded by.

And I'm only posting this because I logged in to Insta and saw Ye posting whacky ramblings about Elon being half Chinese or whatever.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:33 pm Have you ever been a fan of a series, only for the creator be a horrible person?

I was becoming a fan of The Monument Mythos (an analog horror series) until.. yeah.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e3b ... Z8IPI/edit
A bit late on this post but WHY I LOVED THAT SERIES AND THE NIXONVERSE! WHY ALEX?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Dunkeeni wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:11 pm
Gigantis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:33 pm Have you ever been a fan of a series, only for the creator be a horrible person?

I was becoming a fan of The Monument Mythos (an analog horror series) until.. yeah.
A bit late on this post but WHY I LOVED THAT SERIES AND THE NIXONVERSE! WHY ALEX?
I mean, if it makes ya feel any better, Alex DID apologize and he sounded pretty genuine about it.

Still feels wrong of me to watch his content at the moment, but IDK. Maybe I'll come back around one day..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What is Monument Mythos?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Id also like to know more. I heard of it ages ago and thought the little bit I saw of it seemed fascinating. Sorta reminded me of Trevor Henderson.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:35 pm Id also like to know more. I heard of it ages ago and thought the little bit I saw of it seemed fascinating. Sorta reminded me of Trevor Henderson.
Just a quick heads up, the "third season" has to be found on the playlist because Alex unlisted it. (He said it wasn't required for his newest, ongoing project. Whatever that is)
https://www.youtube.com/@MISTERMANTICORE/playlists

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Well I had a meeting with some former teachers about a project, because our project is in need of some of their connections. Spent the morning prepping my end of the pitch. They straight up wasted my time (oh I'll be there in 20! Oh give me an hour! Meet me at this restaurant!) and then ghosted us, which means I missed hours at work and inconvenienced my coworkers for nothing.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Jeez that is just disgusting what that monster did I hope he pays for what he did and I hope for the best for his victims

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Looks like my tattoo artist is bailing today. Been looking forward to this for two months.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Make that my week. I somehow got COVID and have to self-isolate until Christmas Eve. Bummer.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

mikelcho wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:54 pm Make that my week. I somehow got COVID and have to self-isolate until Christmas Eve. Bummer.
OOf. I hope you recover quickly and that your friends and family are understanding of your condition. Get better!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:18 pm
mikelcho wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:54 pm Make that my week. I somehow got COVID and have to self-isolate until Christmas Eve. Bummer.
OOf. I hope you recover quickly and that your friends and family are understanding of your condition. Get better!
Oh, they are, believe me. My mom and dad have been a big help.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Yesterday when I got my hair cut I learned I was balding at the back of my head. I'm twenty-eight. I want to fucking die now.

Haven't slept a wink last night because I was too damn stressed and panicking. Fuck genetics.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.