What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:42 pm Kanye West has said racist things about Jewish people, and I'm not Jewish, but holy hell, I'm pissed off.
He's a dangerous clown and repeatedly doubling down on all it. I like some of his early music, but the whole thing has left a sour taste in my mouth that will make it unpleasent to listen to. It's difficult to really care/excuse his behavior anymore. It's not just his anti-semnitism that's bad, but all of his recent antics (threatening Pete Davidson, being really weird publically about Kim, all the MAGA BS, etc...), and controversies from the past "blacks choose slavery", treatment of Taylor Swift, have reached a boiling point. He's unstable and it's not anything new, but any public comments that are racist/homophobic have a real impact on people, and he shouldn't have such an easy platform to state his shitty views.

Anyways, what ruined my day is I got scammed on Amazon trying to get an English copy of Yakuza 6/Like a Dragon 6. I ordered a copy, and despite it saying it'll arrive shortly, the seller gave me a delivery date of November 11th. If I order stuff in Japan it always arrives within 1-3 days with ease. This raised a red-flag, and when I contacted them they said they were "importing it from America" despite their storepage making it seem like they were based in Shiga prefecture. That was strange to me, and they gave me a tracking number from DPD...a UK based shipping company. Sure enough, to even track a package from DPD you need a zip code as well.

When I asked what was going on, and sent them a message, explaining why I thought this was strange, they responded with,
"We've never had anyone question our delivery methods".

That pissed me off, and raised my suspicions even further, because rather than answer questions they gave me that weird, nothing response. When I pressed them even more, they said to "wait 2-3 days" and it should show where it is. I think in that time they'll have the money and make off with it.

Now, I'll probably get my money back from Amazon, but I need to wait at least a week.

In the meantime, I bought Judgement and I'll just have to enjoy that.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Dealing with the consequences of my team’s actions -_-
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:06 am Dealing with the consequences of my team’s actions -_-
Your team?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:45 am
Voyager wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:06 am Dealing with the consequences of my team’s actions -_-
Your team?
Team is what I call my colleagues at work. We work at a fast food chain and are pretty independent but when they fuck up it’s me who gets a migraine.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:13 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:45 am
Your team?
Team is what I call my colleagues at work. We work at a fast food chain and are pretty independent but when they fuck up it’s me who gets a migraine.
Sounds like total bullshit on their part to me.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Yeah, I let em know I was pissed.
For Emperor and Empire!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I used to love Halloween, but now I've started to dread it. Not because of any real reason, I love horror, and other stuff, but mainly because of FOMO.

I used to celebrate Halloween religiously when I lived in NYC, and my friends and I would always hold big halloween parties. Dressing up was a big thing too. Now I've been in Japan for 3+ years, and each Halloween is just endlessly feeling like I'm missing out. Halloween really isn't celebrated here; while there's some big crazy stuff in Shibuya/Tokyo, and some other international folk have some events, I miss celebrating with my friends and going crazy. I think unlike other holidays, Thanksgiving/Xmas, Halloween was always more of an "optional" holiday, that was catered more towards friends/than family. I miss Halloween and I hope if you're doing something you have fun with your friends.

All I can do tonight is dress my daughter up as the very hungry caterpillar, watch Halloween 3, and call it a night.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Halloween FOMO has always been a thing for me too. Halloween is seen as an “American” holiday here, and while it is certainly celebrated more than Thanksgiving (duh), it’s nowhere near Easter or Christmas. I wish I could go back in time to when I was a kid, go to America, and have a true Halloween.
For Emperor and Empire!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Meanwhile I was too broke this year to do anything for Halloween. Had big plans, but Halloween Horror Nights and another big Universal trip for a friend's birthday back to back straight up bankrupted me.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I work tonight, so. I look forward to Halloween all year, but the reality is never actually fun anymore. I've been busy and tired all month, and the constant howling October wind we get here makes decorating hard to do. Everything we put up gets ripped right back down.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Yeah, I'm going to be working very late again, so I can't give out candy to trick-or-treaters. Hell, not even my dad is doing that anymore tonight. He just doesn't feel like doing it. I guess this will be the first time ever that my family won't be celebrating Halloween like we used to, and that just makes me sad.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I'm really sorry guys, this is the first Halloween I actually have plans (provided they don't fall through) but I know the feeling well of missing out on festivities.

For me, I got served court papers regarding a debt I thought I was paying off, but apparently there's been some issue, and I wasn't able to get ahold of the legal team representing the debt holder today, so no answers unfortunately.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

My girlfriend couldn’t make it down this weekend due to her catching the flu.. so we’re watching everyone else post their costume couple pics :/.

I told her we might have to get into costume for Thanksgiving and Christmas lol!
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'm not happy that everyone didn't have a great Halloween, but I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one. Makes the FOMO less.

Anyways, I guess to compensate, I'm going to celebrate Thanksgiving this year. I have my own family now, so I guess I'll get to cooking. Turkeys aren't a common food here (though I wonder if Costco has them), so I'll have to start prepping.

I'm thinking:
Turkey, Stuffing, Cornbread, Cranberry Sauce, Sweetpotatoes with marshmellow, some sort of soup (butternut squash?), and something green. Pumpkin pie too, but it's hard to get pumpkin here. Hmmmm...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Sounds good. Hopefully you find some pumpkin!

My Halloween ended up turning out okay. I didn't get much sleep, but passing out candy was reasonably fun, and the weather was kind enough to calm down so we could decorate. Having to go to work afterwards sucked, but eh. Coulda been worse.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

If Twitter becomes unusable what'll I use to keep track of upcoming movies/books/comics or find out about cool artists and the like? Social media destroyed individual websites and SEO has made the simple act of searching for things difficult. The internet is becoming unusable.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Angilasman wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:14 am If Twitter becomes unusable what'll I use to keep track of upcoming movies/books/comics or find out about cool artists and the like? Social media destroyed individual websites and SEO has made the simple act of searching for things difficult. The internet is becoming unusable.
While still a shitshow, Reddit would likely be your best bet here. Follow the communities related to your interests.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ Yeah, that's the most likely route. But it's an entirely different environment and language I'll have to learn.

It's all a hassle. Remember how the internet used to be fun? Now it's like a vending machine that has all the stuff you need and the only way to get stuff to come out is pulling teeth.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Angilasman wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:27 am ^ Yeah, that's the most likely route. But it's an entirely different environment and language I'll have to learn.

It's all a hassle. Remember how the internet used to be fun? Now it's like a vending machine that has all the stuff you need and the only way to get stuff to come out is pulling teeth.
Yeah, I hear ya. Ads on YouTube have been grating on me lately. It's like two or three now, and you can barely skip most of them.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Some asshole smashed one of our cars' windows.
For Emperor and Empire!