Neon Genesis Evangelion

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Voyager
Keizer

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Post by Voyager »

Great contribution :?

3.0 + 1.0 is truly one of my favourite films of all time. It is such a great conclusion to not only a quadrilogy, but also a franchise.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Unfortunately I haven’t been able to see the final film yet. Is it true that Gendo and Shinji reconcile in it?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:22 pm ^Unfortunately I haven’t been able to see the final film yet. Is it true that Gendi and Shinji reconcile in it?
You sure you want it spoiled?
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:41 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:22 pm ^Unfortunately I haven’t been able to see the final film yet. Is it true that Gendi and Shinji reconcile in it?
You sure you want it spoiled?
I'm fine with it.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Gendo basically apologises to Shinji for everything he’s done, and just wishes he’d been a better father.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:05 pm Gendo basically apologises to Shinji for everything he’s done, and just wishes he’d been a better father.
Yeah, I've heard. Btw, how likely is it that Gendo himself came from a broken family?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Voyager wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:05 pm Gendo basically apologises to Shinji for everything he’s done, and just wishes he’d been a better father.
That feels like an actual emotional resolution to the series rather than just a straight up action scene. That’s what I really appreciate about the series in general over standard mecha fare.

I feel like I need to rewatch the final film one more time. I watched it once, liked it, but it’s not like other recent monster films I’ve seen dozens of times.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Is Netflix really making a live action Evangelion? :cry: :cry: :cry: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall:
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Gojira1604 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:04 pm Is Netflix really making a live action Evangelion? :cry: :cry: :cry: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall:
No? Where the hell did you hear that? :eh:
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

NSZ wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:56 pm
Gojira1604 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:04 pm Is Netflix really making a live action Evangelion? :cry: :cry: :cry: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall: :DragonBall:
La Taberna de Misato Facebook group.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Gojira1604 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:23 am
NSZ wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:56 pm
La Taberna de Misato Facebook group.
Your source is a Mexican fan group????? :dizzy:
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Just got done reading the Manga, and wow, that got dark.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Seeing 3.0+1.0 in theaters next week, super super super excited! I haven't watched it since last year. I think it's the last film I watched that actually moved me to tears. Can't wait to experience it again!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:29 am
That feels like an actual emotional resolution to the series rather than just a straight up action scene. That’s what I really appreciate about the series in general over standard mecha fare.
On top of that Shinji even faces his dad like a man! For the first half of the film, Shinji is his usual self being paralyzed by depression, but in the end he fully accepts responsibility. Best of both worlds.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kongqueror
Ronin

Post by Kongqueror »

Do you prefer Blue Unit 0 or Orange Unit 0?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kongqueror wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:32 pm Do you prefer Blue Unit 0 or Orange Unit 0?
Blue, to go with Unit 01’s purple and Unit 02’s red.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Kongqueror wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:32 pm Do you prefer Blue Unit 0 or Orange Unit 0?
Blue, but I don’t mind Orange. I just think the Blue color scheme works better.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^The color orange seems to be associated with experimental prototypes in Japan.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I actually prefer orange, as it's a more distinct color. Even though blue in general is my favorite color, I just think it doesn't make Unit-00 as distinguishable from Unit-01 as it was before the recoloring.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:56 pm So is "Fly Me To The Moon" actually important in the show? If I throw in the towel and watch on Netflix, will I be missing anything significant?
Supremely late to the party (and necropost at that), but as someone introduced to Eva via the Netflix dub and just recently finished rewatching through the ADV version...I gotta say I feel kinda robbed of the original credits music. While the piano credits theme in the Netflix version (Rei's Theme, I believe?) is surprisingly appropriate and fits the mood, "Fly Me To The Moon" really does function as a much-needed headspace palate cleanser after witnessing the show's ass-slapping batshittery. It's especially evident in the later emotionally-charged episodes where you really need that equalizer to mellow yourself out to keep from going completely insane in the end.

Certainly not necessary, but in retrospect I kinda wish I had this in hand when I first watched the series.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple