Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Official News topic

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Police were reported as saying by NHK that the gunman admitted to the crime and said he tried to kill Abe because he was 'dissatisfied' with him. However, Kyodo later reported citing police that the shooter said he had "no grudge against Abe's political beliefs".

This is more or less what i had read.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I'm sadden by the death of Shinzo Abe. I always had a lot of respect for him and his duty as the Prime Minister for all those years. He did not deserve this fate. Rest in peace, Sir.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

How about a nice happy news article for a change?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripid ... bcf39d8fe9

An ultra rare, one-in-thirty million orange lobster was found at a Red Lobster in Florida. They spared her, named her Cheddar, and sent her to Ripley's Aquarium of Myrtle Beach. Their standout colors make orange lobsters more vulnerable to predators, so the aquarium is probably safer than releasing her into the wild. Plus, y'know, tourist $$$.

"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Arizona moves to impose abortion ban from 1800s as attorney general asks court to lift injunction

Arizona is one step closer to reviving a law from its territorial days that mandates prison time for abortion providers. Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich filed a 16-page motion with the Pima County Superior Court on Wednesday asking for the lifting of an injunction against the law now that the U.S. Supreme Court has overturned its 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade.

“We believe this is the best and most accurate state of the law,” Brnovich said in a prepared statement. “We know this is an important issue to so many Arizonans, and our hope is that the court will provide clarity and uniformity for our state.” The move was feared by advocates for legal abortions since last year when it became clear the Supreme Court — made more conservative by three

A few days later, Brnovich he said he would attempt to revive the 158-year-old territorial law, which authorities have not enforced since 1973.

link - https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-move ... 43339.html

The GOP wants to bring America back. Back to the 1800's..... Watch next target will be the LGBT, which there already working towards and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they attempted to bring back so form of slavery.

I am beyond disgusted and enraged. The more I read about how our Government is going forward is both exhausting and rage inducing. There just going to keep pushing and pushing until the people finally snap and everything happens from that point on is on them. We need to remind these people they are hired to work for what is best for us, not push there own personal opinions and beliefs on us. Ugh :evil:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:00 am if they attempted to bring back so form of slavery.
The overturning of the recent progress of LGBT laws I can see being done as well, especially the same sex marriage. But this is just panic thinking right here. There is no country that calls itself part of the new world that still has slavery. That would turn the ENTIRE planet against us.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:16 am
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:00 am if they attempted to bring back so form of slavery.
The overturning of the recent progress of LGBT laws I can see being done as well, especially the same sex marriage. But this is just panic thinking right here. There is no country that calls itself part of the new world that still has slavery. That would turn the ENTIRE planet against us.
I agree, I don't think they'd be stupid enough to attempt to raise up or pass such an idea but I meant more I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't at least thought about it in some way. Especially after hearing a 10-year-old rape victim was forced to travel from Ohio to Indiana for abortion. Which they just caught the 27 year old man that did it.

Rep Jim Jordan actually said ''Another Lie, Anyone Surprised?'' before they caught the man.
link - https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/15 ... gr%5Etweet

He has since deleted his tweet but accusing a 10 year old of lying.. What I would do I was that girls father would be inappropriate on any forum. I'm not even the girls father and I'd still have a few choice of words if I ever saw him in person.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If the GOP tired to bring back slavery that would be the point that citizens would get rid of them. I'll be shocked if they take same sex marriage or more rights and the country remains civil.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:14 am
If the GOP tired to bring back slavery that would be the point that citizens would get rid of them. I'll be shocked if they take same sex marriage or more rights and the country remains civil.
They tried to overthrow a democratically elected government and the country remained civil. I don't think any laws they could introduce will stir up much at this point...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Spuro wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:47 am
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:14 am

They tried to overthrow a democratically elected government and the country remained civil. I don't think any laws they could introduce will stir up much at this point...
Yup. They're doing their best to take rights away from everyone who isn't a rich, white, straight, male. Anything is possible.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Edit: I can not read.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Daily reminder that slavery was not actually abolished. The 13th Amendment states slavery is still allowed on prisoners, aka penal labor.

Given how our for-profit prison system is designed to maximize convictions and prison time against people of color, regardless of crime, this is effectively a loophole that allows slavery to continue, just with extra steps.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:54 am Daily reminder that slavery was not actually abolished. The 13th Amendment states slavery is still allowed on prisoners, aka penal labor.

Given how our for-profit prison system is designed to maximize convictions and prison time against people of color, regardless of crime, this is effectively a loophole that allows slavery to continue, just with extra steps.
I was wondering if anyone was going to bring this up. ;)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:14 am
Legion1979 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:08 am
Spuro wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:47 am

Yup. They're doing their best to take rights away from everyone who isn't a rich, white, straight, male. Anything is possible.

Go on.
I...don't know how to respond to this, considering this is the first time I've said this anywhere on the internet (in left leaning circles at least) and gotten a follow up like this.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:06 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:14 am
Legion1979 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:08 am

Go on.
I...don't know how to respond to this, considering this is the first time I've said this anywhere on the internet and gotten a follow up like this.
... I actually misread your post. Jesus.

I thought you said they were taking rights away FROM rich, white, straight males. My bad and apologies.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Man, could you imagine if I said something that horrible? Yikes!

But this is the beginning. The elimination of Roe V Wade just royally fucked over women. And they got away with it. The LGBTQ community is next, followed by interracial marriage and contraceptives. The right and SCOTUS is trying to drag us back a hundred years.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:16 am Man, could you imagine if I said something that horrible? Yikes!

But this is the beginning. The elimination of Roe V Wade just royally skreeonked over women. And they got away with it. The LGBTQ community is next, followed by interracial marriage and contraceptives. The right and SCOTUS is trying to drag us back a hundred years.
The SCOTUS is probably going to wait for a certain friend of theirs to pass away before going after interracial marriage, considering justice Thomas is in one and his wife helped the attempted coup.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

All they did was put the abortion issue back into the hands of the states, where people can elect officials that they feel represent their choice on the matter. States that want it can still make it happen, and states that don't can be more restrictive.

I find it ironic that people from countries like France are being critical of this decision when France has a more restrictive cut off point for abortion than the state in question in this case.

It is shocking how little people who care so much actually pay attention to what these decisions mean.

The 10 year old who was raped by an illegal alien is a disgusting story. Of course she deserved to be helped, but if certain things were handled better...he likely never would have been here to do that to her.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If the choice is left a choice then everyone can pick their side. Banning abortion just means letting one side win and saying screw the other side.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:18 am If the choice is left a choice then everyone can pick their side. Banning abortion just means letting one side win and saying screw the other side.
I'm always in favor of putting more power in the hands of individual states. The federal government needs to be as lean and mean as possible in terms of its scope and scale. If a voting populace is in favor of one argument or another, or perhaps thinks that at X weeks is more acceptable than a later/earlier period...then they can push the political decisions into that direction.

This will actually allow for much more conversation, understanding and consensus than you would get in an "Any abortion, all the time, for whatever reason, no matter what anyone says" type of scenario.

It is a complex subject and I absolutely think the answer isn't "Never" or "Always"...but those conversations have to be had.
Last edited by Chrispy_G on Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Chrispy_G wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:45 am
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:18 am If the choice is left a choice then everyone can pick their side. Banning abortion just means letting one side win and saying screw the other side.
I'm always in favor of putting more power in the hands of individual states. The federal government needs to be as lean and mean as possible in terms of its scope and scale. If a voting populace is in favor of one argument or another, or perhaps thinks that at X weeks is more acceptable than a later/earlier period...then they can push the political decisions into that direction.

This will actually allow for much more conversation, understanding and consensus than you would get in an "Any abortion, all the time, for whatever reason, no matter what anyone says" type of scenario.

It is a complex subject and I absolutely think the answer isn't "Never" or "Always"...but those conversations have to be had.
That's the problem. Abortion shouldn't be an conversation because they're should only be two people discussing an abortion. The mother and the father with the mother having final say.

I'm pro life but only when it matters to myself. If I was a woman I wouldn't plan on getting abortions. I wouldn't however tell someone else they can't have one jf they decide that's best for them.

Choice should be given to people as much as realistically possible. We even have jails for people that make bad choices for this very reason.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image