Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
UltramanGoji

Re: Official News topic

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:06 pm I think whats extra crazy about this is that it's all done in a government setting. Like, this isn't Grusch saying on a blog or something he's seen aliens or something. These are comparatively credible sources, making very public statements, and I assume they would be held accountable, both in the public, and other places, if they were found to be misleading.
And that's exactly what makes this hearing so important historically.

These aren't late-night radio talk show hosts or armchair physicists blathering on about psychics, Bigfeet, or lizard men. These are decorated members and former members of our military and intelligence communities making these claims with the receipts to back it up. I don't think people realize (understandably so) that the mere fact this whole discussion got a hearing in the first place means there's a significant amount of merit to these men's testimonies. This wouldn't go before Congress if it was all just hoaxes or bunk. There is something going on here with enough significance to require a House committee to investigate it bipartisanly without hesitation or stigma. That should be shocking to everyone.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... -supremacy

Check out who wants to be president.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Fulton County grand jury returns an indictment in 2020 election probe for Georgia

Hey, look on the bright side, Mr. Trump. At least you finally got those Georgia votes.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Social justice activist Ryan Carson was killed recently. He was stabbed to death by a deranged lunatic in front of his girlfriend while they were waiting for a bus at around 4:00 AM. As much as I disagreed with Ryan's political views, what happened to him was still horrible. It could've been avoided if he and his girlfriend simply walked away instead of walking towards the clearly aggressive man, or actually fought back instead of trying to calm the guy down, as if that was going to do anything. I hope his killer gets caught and locked up for a long time.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:28 am Social justice activist Ryan Carson was killed recently. He was stabbed to death by a deranged lunatic in front of his girlfriend while they were waiting for a bus at around 4:00 AM. As much as I disagreed with Ryan's political views, what happened to him was still horrible. It could've been avoided if he and his girlfriend simply walked away instead of walking towards the clearly aggressive man, or actually fought back instead of trying to calm the guy down, as if that was going to do anything. I hope his killer gets caught and locked up for a long time.
The, uh, victim blaming here is a bit concerning.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Spuro wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:32 am
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:28 am Social justice activist Ryan Carson was killed recently. He was stabbed to death by a deranged lunatic in front of his girlfriend while they were waiting for a bus at around 4:00 AM. As much as I disagreed with Ryan's political views, what happened to him was still horrible. It could've been avoided if he and his girlfriend simply walked away instead of walking towards the clearly aggressive man, or actually fought back instead of trying to calm the guy down, as if that was going to do anything. I hope his killer gets caught and locked up for a long time.
The, uh, victim blaming here is a bit concerning.
I'm just saying that if anyone sees a person acting deranged and aggressive in public, then it's best to stay away from that person.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

According to sources and the video, they were just waiting for the bus. They were coming back from a wedding and attacked. Contrary to whatever you say, it seems they do attempt to leave, but only after they are rushed does Carson fight back and defend himself. He is then stabbed. Spuro is right, no matter what you say you are victim blaming here.

The NYPost, a sensational mostly right-leaning news source pretty much confirms how senseless and random this was. Warning, while the stabbing isn't shown, it's still disturbing:
https://nypost.com/2023/10/03/disturbin ... yc-street/

Note the time stamps. 3:50 the stranger walks by them, 3:51:30 the victim is on the ground. That's a minute and 30 seconds. The way you phrased it, you made it seem like Carson was waiting around for a long time, near someone pretty disturbed, only for this unfortunate event to happen. The part where he confronts the stranger, is only after he gets between his girlfriend and the killer.

I'm not familiar with Mr. Carson nor his politics, but a quick search doesn't make him out to be the "social justice activist" you make him seem to be. The NYPost, Guardian and BBC all reference him in having a history in waste management and environmental activism. In addition, he focused on activism regarding Overdose and drug addictions. There is no mention of him being a social justice activist, and even if this was, it would be a strange thing to mention that first.

This reeks of you hearing this story secondhand, most likely by some anti-SJW grifter that was trying to twist this into something it wasn't, and then without doing a modicum of research made it into something it wasn't.

Mr. Carson was stabbed seemingly randomly, and it's a tragedy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67011382
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... d-brooklyn
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:46 pmI'm not familiar with Mr. Carson nor his politics, but a quick search doesn't make him out to be the "social justice activist" you make him seem to be. The NYPost, Guardian and BBC all reference him in having a history in waste management and environmental activism. In addition, he focused on activism regarding Overdose and drug addictions.
That's the detail that many of the right-wing news sites and online communities are latching on to. They seem to be jeering the apparent irony of him getting killed by "the same kind of person he'd advocated for".

Essentially turning a tragedy into another dog-whistle.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^If DeSantis ends up becoming president, people won’t just riot, they’ll REVOLT.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:59 pm ^If DeSantis ends up becoming president, people won’t just riot, they’ll REVOLT.
DeSantis isn't beating Trump so that's not problem.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

On the other hand, I think at the rate things are going now, it’s not a matter of if China will invade Taiwan, but when. With both the war in Ukraine still raging on, along with both Israel and Hamas declaring war, it’s inevitable.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Well it seems like Iran wants Israel to be a non-issue by using Hamas as proxies, and Gaza as a sacrificial lamb.

Russia still wants Ukraine and feels it can take advantage during the Winter.

China wants to continue to play coy so it can half-assedly attempt to take the #1 position in the World Economy, turning a blind eye to its fellow leaders in arms. Then when the iron is hot, shoot for Taiwan while the U.S. is busy sending money, weapons, and equipment to Israel and Ukraine.

North Korea is like a rabid dog waiting to be let off the leash against America, not knowing what kind of force it’ll be met with.

It really seems like the Big 3; Russia, China and Iran want to spread the U.S. as thin as possible before potentially hitting a four front response against us.

But what do i know? All i know is humanity is continuing to notice how much we don’t matter to these governments.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Illinois landlord arrested after fatally stabbing 6-year old Muslim boy and seriously wounding his mother

The child was identified as being Palestine-American. Per the Will County Sheriff's office, the boy was stabbed 26 times.
He/him/his

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I'm absolutely horrified and disgusted by that child's murder. Fuck that Joseph Czuba guy.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:35 pm https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/25/us/lewis ... index.html

22 people lost for no reason.
This can be categorized in the "ruined my day" thread too because this is my state and that city is only like a 45 minute drive from me.

He still hasn't been arrested yet either.
Last edited by Gojira-Fan on Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:35 pm https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/25/us/lewis ... index.html

Jack shit will be done about this. Over a decade ago, twenty schoolchildren were slaughtered, and our country did nothing but harass and verbally assault the bereaved parents. If that wasn't enough to enact change, literally nothing is.
He/him/his

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:27 pm

Jack shit will be done about this. Over a decade ago, twenty schoolchildren were slaughtered, and our country did nothing but harass and verbally assault the bereaved parents. If that wasn't enough to enact change, literally nothing is.
Sadly this is probably true. :(

My state was supposed to be the kind of area where this sort of thing would not happen. Unfortunately, that illusion was shattered last night. Our political system makes it so hard to get anything done that it is hard to believe that this issue is going to get better anytime soon.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gojira-Fan wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:03 pm
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:27 pm

Sadly this is probably true. :(

My state was supposed to be the kind of area where this sort of thing would not happen.
Could you elaborate on this?