Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Best and Worst Kaiju Redesigns

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I've had the idea of Jet Jaguar being a melee juggernaut for quite a while now but it seems like TrenchKaiju beat me to realizing it.

Flurr!
Yojimbo

Post by Flurr! »

It looks alright I suppose, head looks kinda goofy but the rest isn't that bad but that good either.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

That’s a big ol’ creepy Cheshire grin. Not sure how I feel about that exaggerated smile on JJ. I like how yoked the design is, though.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Here is my take on the Rhedosaurus, aka the beast from 20,000 fathoms!

https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -940431924

I lifted inspiration from an assortment of the Triassic wildlife, w/ the new idea here being the Rhedosaurus was one of those weird experimental lifeforms that sprouted up following the Permian extinction event. It’s coloration meant to resemble black and white film, as well as being the typical colours of aquatic life. It’s tail fluke based off the marine reptile, the mososaurs, and an update of that detail from the original: https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/File:Rhedosaurus.png
Last edited by ArtMaker on Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

ArtMaker wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:21 am Here is my take on the Rhedosaurus, aka the beast from 20,000 fathoms!

https://www.deviantart.com/artmakerprod ... -940431924
It's terrific! Actually does seem like he's adapted to live that deep in the sea.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Courtesy of Japanese artist yuA, we have some really cool takes on Zaragas and Neronga. The latter design has an WIP 3D model but I have chosen not to show it since it isn't finished.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flurr!
Yojimbo

Post by Flurr! »

Those are awesome, Zaragas is my favorite - it just does him really well imo.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

These look pretty good NGL

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

My Rodan redesign
V1

V2

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Here we have a double-whammy from none other than the man, the myth, the legend: 202Vincent!

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:32 am Here we have a double-whammy from none other than the man, the myth, the legend: 202Vincent!
Slug Ghidorah
&
GINO-Kamata 's son

Flurr!
Yojimbo

Post by Flurr! »

Not a big fan of either of them, Ghidorah feels just too alien for it's own good and has tiny wings, not to mention - why mouth-feet?? the idea of the 3 heads basically only being one could be cool for some sort of clone ghidorah meant to look like one, but for actual ghidorah it kinda ruins it, but that's just me.

And Zilla/Godzilla(i'm not even sure which one it is) just looks way too crunched up to really get an idea of the proportions or if its either Godzilla or Zilla. also the base of the tail feels way too big, it's like he'd have a hard time even standing up,

The v2 of that Rodan design up there looks pretty cool - just feel like the eyes look a bit big but that's my only complaint and it's more of a nitpick.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Godzilla is giving huge Gogmazios vibes, and Ghidorah is enjoyably alien. Very good designs imo.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

The designs are really good, I will say, but Ghidorah's definitely doesnt fit Ghidorah very well. I think too many people get caught up in the whole alien part and less on the dragon part, which Ill say is more important.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

The Ghidorah I actually dig— the alien aspect is turned up to 11, and somehow it’s unsettlingly smooth in texture. More reptilian elements and some jagged edges could help, but it might also compromise how peculiar and unearthly it looks.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

JNewbold54
GPN Volunteer

Post by JNewbold54 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:58 pm ImageImage
By Erroseart
I like how according to the descriptions, these are both clones of the true Ghidorah, one made by the Xiliens and one by the Kilaaks. Its a neat way to do the "Ghidorah as mind controlled alien weapon" and the "Ghidorah as apocalyptic cosmic horror" plots at the same time.

The designs are great too, very nice blending of Ghidorah as an alien and as a dragon, so many designs can't get the balance right.
Last edited by JNewbold54 on Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:04 pm The designs are really good, I will say, but Ghidorah's definitely doesnt fit Ghidorah very well. I think too many people get caught up in the whole alien part and less on the dragon part, which Ill say is more important.
Who says there can’t be a balance to be struck?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

All the fan art that expands multiple generations like this really makes me sad we don’t have much direct Toho media outside of comics that really capitalised on how cool and expansive the ip is.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:26 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:04 pm The designs are really good, I will say, but Ghidorah's definitely doesnt fit Ghidorah very well. I think too many people get caught up in the whole alien part and less on the dragon part, which Ill say is more important.
Who says there can’t be a balance to be struck?
There can be a balance, but for my personal taste Im a bit of a purist and I think a lot of people go too far into the alien territory.