Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
UltramanGoji

Re: Pokemon Game Discussion 2.0

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:19 pm Splitting hairs
lol no, you just were incorrect. Nobody's trying to get one over you or anything.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:42 pm
lol no, you just were incorrect. Nobody's trying to get one over you or anything.
The pepper thing, I can understand and even appreciate due to the location, especially if he becomes a Ghost/Fire (Ghost Pepper) croc.

But the dinosaur/dragon stuff i felt was very hair-splitting considering the designs of the last veggie reptilian pokemon. (Also hadn't seen them call Fuecoco a fire croc until promo material came out)

Applin is literally an apple, Appletun is like a typical herbivore dino, and Flapple is arguably like a dinosaur breaking out of an egg. Yes they're dragon types, but so is Tyrantrum.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:55 pm
The pepper thing, I can understand and even appreciate due to the location, especially if he becomes a Ghost/Fire (Ghost Pepper) croc.

But the dinosaur/dragon stuff i felt was very hair-splitting considering the designs of the last veggie reptilian pokemon. (Also hadn't seen them call Fuecoco a fire croc until promo material came out)

Applin is literally an apple, Appletun is like a typical herbivore dino, and Flapple is arguably like a dinosaur breaking out of an egg. Yes they're dragon types, but so is Tyrantrum.
I gotta do an "um ACKUALLY" because my inner Pokemon nerd ass commands it, I'm sorry, it's just an instinct lol. Applin isn't just an apple, it's a wyrm (a kind of dragon) inside of an apple, based on the idea of worms inside of apples (yes, worms aren't dragons but it's a clear pun). Its evolutions just further the idea of dragons mixed with apples. Appleton is a fat dragon mixed with an apple pie while Flapple is a more traditional flying dragon, just little.

Tyrantrum is just a dragon because a T-Rex dragon is rad.

Again, sorry for this, I just like talking about and learning small stuff about Pokemon lmao.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillavsZilla wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:10 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:55 pm

I gotta do an "um ACKUALLY" because my inner Pokemon nerd ass commands it, I'm sorry, it's just an instinct lol. Applin isn't just an apple, it's a wyrm (a kind of dragon) inside of an apple, based on the idea of worms inside of apples (yes, worms aren't dragons but it's a clear pun). Its evolutions just further the idea of dragons mixed with apples. Appleton is a fat dragon mixed with an apple pie while Flapple is a more traditional flying dragon, just little.

Tyrantrum is just a dragon because a T-Rex dragon is rad.

Again, sorry for this, I just like talking about and learning small stuff about Pokemon lmao.
Very fair :lol:, love the enthusiasm. I do wish they did more to Fuecoco to make him look.. less Apple-dragon? I'm sure as he evolves into a Ghost (Fire) Pepper Crocodile he'll be my favorite but for now, ehhhh.

When do we think we'll see final evos?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:24 pm When do we think we'll see final evos?
Not counting leaks (which are bound to happen), probably sometime around late Summer, maybe? Game Freak likes to reveal a lot more now pre-release than they used to.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

The Sword and Shield starter evolutions got (officially) revealed after the games came out, and before that, the Sun and Moon starter evolutions were revealed a few weeks before the games came out, but the Hisuian forms for the Legends Arceus followed what they did for SWSH and were officially revealed after the game came out. I would say the final evolutions for these games will be officially revealed a week after they're out, but they'd probably be leaked a few months before that.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I feel a bit weird because it's been revealed so soon after Legends Acres just came out. I loved Legends Arceus, and I think it's one of the best Pokemon games, but I find it so strange to suddenly find out there's a new game this year and the hype cycle re-news. Ordinarily, I'd be super excited, but for the first time I have Pokemon fatigue.

That being said, I hope it takes elements from Legends Arceus and utilizes them as well. I'd love it if they kept the Legends Arceus capture mechanics, and the general open world aesthetic. I like the look of the game, at least it seems lovely and vibrant, and tropical, in a way that Sun and Moon wasn't. I like the look of the fire and water starters. The crocodile is the winner to me, and for being what appears to be a water/flying type, the water type seems cool/original. Ducklett is right there though, so I wonder what the final forms would like like. Maybe it'll be an ugly-duckling scenario where the final form is some ugly poison water starter, which would be cool.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:14 pm I feel a bit weird because it's been revealed so soon after Legends Acres just came out. I loved Legends Arceus, and I think it's one of the best Pokemon games, but I find it so strange to suddenly find out there's a new game this year and the hype cycle re-news. Ordinarily, I'd be super excited, but for the first time I have Pokemon fatigue.
I agree, and I never thought I would have Pokemon fatigue like this. It feels very soon to announce it, but mostly due to the timing of other releases like Legends and BDSP. Generations release every 3-4 years now, so that timing fits.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone surprised that the fire-starter wasn't based on an animal on the Chinese zodiac this time around?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I’m really excited for ScVi (is that the acronym we’re going with? Lol). So far it looks like PLA with better graphics, an actual open world, and some more cool, new Pokémon.

For the record, I think all of the newly revealed starters. This is the first generation in a while where I have to wait to see the evolutions to take my pick. Going with my gut feeling…I feel like the Fuecoco line is going to end up looking the best.

Added in 1 minute 51 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:33 pm Anyone surprised that the fire-starter wasn't based on an animal on the Chinese zodiac this time around?
Nope. That theory was always bogus to me. Stretches like Fennekin = Dog and Cyndaquil = Rat have always been present, but I think Fuecoco = Snake/Bull(???) is the BIGGEST stretch so far.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think I'm willing to bet everything on Fuecoco's evo being,

- Fuecoco
- Fuecharco
- Fuecano

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Took a couple hours but I put together what I'd personally like to see from Fuecoco's final evo. Definitely hoping for a Fire/Ghost (or dark), but I hear we just got that from the new Arceus game so I doubt they'd do it twice in a row.. Maybe Fire/steel? What type combo do you guys think will be next for the new starters?

(Background is from google images until I can make my own to use going forward)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Couldn’t decide whether to preorder Scarlet or Violet ‘cuz both of the legendaries are cool, so I just ended up preordering the double pack.

Not knowing anything of the version exclusive Pokémon, I’m going with Scarlet as my main file/playthrough. Koraidon slightly edges out Miraidon in the badassery department, and Professor Sada is too much to resist. :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

This forum is going to be very pleased with Baxcalibur, I’m so hyped.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’ve always been a casual Pokémon fan, and one aspect I’ve always been enthusiastic about is leaks. Are there any juicy leaks going around? Real or fake, it matters very little to me. If anything, fake leaks are always appreciated, I like seeing people’s attempts to fool.
For Emperor and Empire!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Voyager wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:53 am I’ve always been a casual Pokémon fan, and one aspect I’ve always been enthusiastic about is leaks. Are there any juicy leaks going around? Real or fake, it matters very little to me. If anything, fake leaks are always appreciated, I like seeing people’s attempts to fool.
Yeah leaks basically exploded yesterday, Tons of pokemon were shown. I’m sure admins would probably not take too kindly to me posting any pics but twitter has all of em.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:18 am Yeah leaks basically exploded yesterday, Tons of pokemon were shown. I’m sure admins would probably not take too kindly to me posting any pics but twitter has all of em.
Normally wouldn't keep up with leaks so close to the release date, but for Pokemon, it's handy to know which game has what exclusives. I'm guessing the version exclusives are known now, too?
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GigaBowserG wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:17 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:18 am Yeah leaks basically exploded yesterday, Tons of pokemon were shown. I’m sure admins would probably not take too kindly to me posting any pics but twitter has all of em.
Normally wouldn't keep up with leaks so close to the release date, but for Pokemon, it's handy to know which game has what exclusives. I'm guessing the version exclusives are known now, too?
For the most part yeah! They have a nice little exclusivity gimmick they’re also doing that I think a lot of us are going to dig in terms of Past and Future.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:07 pm This forum is going to be very pleased with Baxcalibur, I’m so hyped.
I’m already very pleased. I avoided most of the leaks but I had to see what that one looked like based on your comment… it looks VERY cool.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

CyberZilla wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:53 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:07 pm This forum is going to be very pleased with Baxcalibur, I’m so hyped.
I’m already very pleased. I avoided most of the leaks but I had to see what that one looked like based on your comment… it looks VERY cool.
Definitely my favorite of Gen 9 so far :godzilla1962:

Plus the entire evolution set is a clear homage to each erm.. era