Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

Post by gvamp »

Just finished RE3 tonight was a great game but sadly they cut some stuff that I really liked from the original. Maybe they'll add it in as DLC down the road.

Not sure what I'll start next.

Still also playing AC though I'm taking my time with this one. I'm getting a little annoyed with the whole Bunny Day/Easter event. Thankfully that's over on Sunday.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

Beat: DOOM 2 TNT Evilution. Not terrible, just kinda boring, especially when compared to Plutonia Experiment. Beat Knee-Deep in the Dead about 30 minutes ago as well.

Playing: Been trying to beat DOOM Eternal on ultra-nightmare but haven’t been able to get past level 4. Occasionally playing some DOOM 64 and Plutonia too.

Also been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf lately. Finally completed my fossil collection in the museum.

EDIT: Downloading War of the Monsters on my PS4 right now. Looking forward to finally being able to play it. Also beat DOOM 64 last night. Really fun game with an easy final boss.
Last edited by space godzilla on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Despite my PS4 Pro sounding like a jet engine I've decided to start Days Gone. So far I'm enjoying the game. I probably should wait until I get a PS5 to play the game because one it has an atrociously long load time and two the reason I mentioned above.

At least the game looks amazing. Reminds me a lot of The Last of Us in both tone and gameplay mechanics.

I'm going to try and finish this before May 29th so I can start Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition when that hits the Switch.
Last edited by gvamp on Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Replaying Terminator Resistance on a harder difficulty. Holy shit T-800s are evil incarnate, especially the bastards that dual wield plasma rifles. The moment one spots you they unleash a barrage of projectiles that kills you in seconds. On top of that, they will aggressively pursue you until they lose track of your location. Only plasma weapons can damage them, and while you get the Resistance plasma rifle relatively early on, ammo for them is scarce on harder difficulties. At that point your only options are to either grenade spam them to death or just sneak. Then the second problem arises: the T-800s are incredibly hard to hide from, which is absolutely understandable, however when your only means of damaging them are basically unobtanium, your options are limited.

Also my first time playing the game, I found out the hard way that standard weapons can't damage the T-800s. During the hospital mission were you first encounter them I ran up and shotgunned one in the chest 5 times and knocked it down. Thinking it was dead, I reloaded the shotgun and to my horror, the T-800 got back up within seconds and proceeded to instant-kill me with a one-handed neck snap.

This image is a perfect representation of Terminator Resistance on higher difficulty, lol.
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue May 05, 2020 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I've decided to stop playing Days Gone and wait to start it up when I get a PS5 that way I don't have to deal with the unbearably long load times.

Not really going to play anything until the end of the month when Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition comes out and finally finish that game off which will probably take all summer to do lol.

PC Specs

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

Got Return to Castle Wolfenstein today and just finished the tram level. The controls are a bit clunky, it being an early console FPS and all. But it’s been pretty fun so far. Also been playing Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+, trying to unlock the Keeper.

Beat DOOM Eternal on ultra-nightmare a while back using an exploit to only get sent back to the beginning of each level. I don’t think I’ll ever beat it legitimately, and if I did I’d probably hate the game after that.
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Got Maneater and 100%'d it in about 13-14 hours of playtime. It's a good bit of fun.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Started Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and I forgot how amazing this JRPG is. I almost gave up on it in favor of Maneater but once I got the hang of the controls again I got really hooked. I'm about 10 hours in and I've mainly been doing main story stuff. Did a few side quests to help give a boost but other than that trying to get through the story.

I'll probably give it a break in a couple of weeks and start Maneater then divide my time between that and Xenoblade. Also still doing daily stuff in Animal Crossing though that's probably going to slow down for me soon.

PC Specs

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Finally got around to playing Darksiders: Genesis during my vacation. Its pretty fun, like it. In fact its probably my favorite next to the original. Since it takes place immediately after the Horsemen slaughter the other Nephilim in the Garden of Eden I figured it wouldn't spoil anything in Darksiders 3 (which I haven't played yet). Its definitely the most like the first game though from a top down perspective ala Diablo. I'm at my second big boss fight and I'm getting my ass kicked. I keep getting him down to like a quarter of his life and then he just steamrolls me after that.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Pokemon Red - I have a Gameboy, and I found a copy of red for a good price! I'm up to Koga.
For Emperor and Empire!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I finished off Xenoblade Chronicles as well as ManEater.

Currently I'm playing Far Cry 5 on the Xbox One but its just not clicking with me so I think I'm going to move on to something else. I will probably start The Last of Us Part 2 soon I was going to wait on the PS5 to play that but I don't think I can hold off on it.

PC Specs

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Finally defeated the boss I was having trouble with with only the tiniest sliver of health left. I've fought two bosses since then with little to no real difficulty.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Decided to take a break on Far Cry 5 and moved to The Last of Us Part 2 so far so good. I don't like how they did one thing in the story other than that I don't see the controversy but I'm still fairly early in the game about a quarter of the way through. I also don't like how they forced grain into the game to give it a cinematic look. It ruins the picture I think.

After this its back to FC5 unless I still can't get into it then I'm not sure what I'll play.

PC Specs

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Since March I got into my new favourite game series. It's incredible, it opened my eyes and shown me gold I've only dreamed of.

Yakuza aka Like A Dragon.

I completed 0, and I'm currently trying to beat the final chapter of Kiwami. I'm playing both on hard, an excellent challenge. I dont wanna gush too much, I just love this series, characters, and writing so much. Hopefully the new game dominates this holiday season!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

After procrastinating like a baby, I finally completed the Kanto Pokédex.
For Emperor and Empire!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

monster hunter but I did get a switch and breath of the wild yesterday. Never played a Zelda game in my life nor owned a Nintendo console ever
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I beat The Last of Us Part 2 a few weeks ago. I thought it was a pretty good game shocking in some parts but still fairly well made.

Now I'm working on Arkham Knight but I can't get into it.

PC Specs

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

gvamp wrote:
Now I'm working on Arkham Knight but I can't get into it.
Why's that? Batmobile or other aspects? I'm curious.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Since March I got into my new favourite game series. It's incredible, it opened my eyes and shown me gold I've only dreamed of.

I completed 0, and I'm currently trying to beat the final chapter of Kiwami. I'm playing both on hard, an excellent challenge. I dont wanna gush too much, I just love this series, characters, and writing so much. Hopefully the new game dominates this holiday season!
"Still works"
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Maritonic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Since March I got into my new favourite game series. It's incredible, it opened my eyes and shown me gold I've only dreamed of.

"Still works"
"Smoke out"