Lost Project: Godzilla Vs Batman

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Lost Project: Godzilla Vs Batman

Post by edgaguirus »

Though we'd probably be dealing with a serious and gritty batman rather than the 60s style.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

edgaguirus wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:55 pm Though we'd probably be dealing with a serious and gritty batman rather than the 60s style.
Always the oppurunity to tone the grittiness back, and perhaps have a more personable batman.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Batman vs Godzilla seems like an idea that worked better in the 60's. Adam West Batman can I could totally see going up against Showa Godzilla and the tones even fit for the most part. Can't really see any current film versions of the Dark Knight facing off with any current versions of Godzilla either, plus for some reason DC has forgotten Batman doesn't always have to be dark and gritty. Batman vs Godzilla and Godzilla vs Redmoon honestly should have both come out as both were suppose to be made outside Toho to my understanding.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I've always felt this was such a moronic idea.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

That's probably why I'd love to have seen it. Aesthetically, in the 60s it would have been a near perfect match.

This idea would probably not work today, with the way media takes itself so seriously nowadays. And actual genuine camp is hard to do now. Maybe a comic book would be best.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

If they had done it, it would have been interesting to have Dr. Malik, played by Ceasar Romero of course, as a human villain in it.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.