GTTT R8: EarthNeronga vs. The Forgettable

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

GTTT R8: EarthNeronga vs. The Forgettable

Post by Greyshot151 »

EarthNeronga
Anguirus (Showa)
Rodan (Legendary)
Godzilla (Showa)
Knifehead
Tresspasser (PR:TB)
Mechagodzilla (Showa)
Titanosaurus

vs.

The Forgettable
Cretaceous King Ghidorah
Megaguirus
Anguirus (Showa)
Titanosaurus
Rexy
Jet Jaguar
Gaira
Zilla (98)
Frankenstein
Ymir
Tarantula

Location Modifier: Republic Clone Troopers respond after 10 minutes with gunships None

Tag-Team Modifiers:
EarthNeronga
Katsura Control - Mechagodzilla (Showa) & Titanosaurus - Mechagodzilla & Titanosaurus are placed under Katsura's control, ensuring maximum lethality

The Forgettable
Endless Growth - Ymir & The Tarantula - The Ymir and Tarantula are 20% larger than their opponent's largest combatant
Time for a change in scenery - Megaguirus & Cretaceous King Ghidorah - Change terrain to cretaceous jungle

Rules: Heisei Scaling - (The Player is forced to fight all the monsters they've sacrificed so far plus 1 monster at their current tier paired with their tag-team partner.)

Discussion starts 2/5
Voting starts 2/7. (Make your choice in Bold Text of which team you believe comes out on top)
Voting ends, end of day, 2/8
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Re: GTTT R8: EarthNeronga vs. The Forgettable

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I think Earth meets his match here, and that is because of Megaguirus and her EMP wings.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

It's gonna be tight.
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Showa Angys and Titanos cancel out, Mechagodzilla and JJ are disabled until Meg dies, which I can't see happening.

That leaves:

Rodan (Legendary)
Godzilla (Showa)
Knifehead
Tresspasser

vs

Cretaceous King Ghidorah
Megaguirus
Rexy
Gaira
Zilla (98)
Frankenstein
Ymir
Tarantula

Yea, I don't see Earth winning.

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:34 pm Mechagodzilla and JJ are disabled until Meg dies, which I can't see happening.
Why not? Sure she's fast, but in her battle with Godzilla she would frequently just hover right in front of his face for substantial periods of time. Doing anything like that against MonsterVerse Rodan or Showa Godzilla is going to go very badly for her.
:Gigan: Gigan <3 :Gigan:
But Gigan is a villain that prove you support only villain not hero
Wrong. The current MonsterVerse films are “kaka”. At least these classic Showa kaiju films ain’t WOKE!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Gojira 41mk11 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:48 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:34 pm Mechagodzilla and JJ are disabled until Meg dies, which I can't see happening.
Why not? Sure she's fast, but in her battle with Godzilla she would frequently just hover right in front of his face for substantial periods of time. Doing anything like that against MonsterVerse Rodan or Showa Godzilla is going to go very badly for her.
Pretty sure that was until G2000 attacked her, which she then moved out of the way with incredible speeds, Rodan isn't beating her, ad with the other kaiju to aid her, Shwa won't either.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

I take this probably and heres why

for one thing Megauirus produces her EMP waves when flying and it only effected nearby electrical equipment; So if MechaGodzilla instantly attacks with his missles; he probably would due to how he is set to kill; then he takes out Rexy,Gaira,Zilla (98),Frankenstein,Ymir and Tarantula before getting defeated by Megauirus

then Titanosaurus and Anguirus both cancel each other out and while Showa Godzilla fights against CKG which he probably wins; While Yes CKG gave Mothra leo a hard fight; he was extremely weakened after time traveling and Showa Godzillas one of the most skilled godzillas ever, so he probably gets to CQC and manhandles CKG

now Megagirus is deadly but Legendary Rodan is faster;stronger and more brutal and sharper as he is basically a flying volcano;so if she trys and attacks him he would dodge her attacks and mandhandle her

so I think I take this and even if Mechagodzilla doesnt take out that much before being deactivated, then Knifehead and Trespasser can probably defeat the rest of them and help assist godzilla in taking down CKG
Showa Goji best Godzilla

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

EarthNeronga wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:49 pm I take this probably and heres why

for one thing Megauirus produces her EMP waves when flying and it only effected nearby electrical equipment; So if MechaGodzilla instantly attacks with his missles; he probably would due to how he is set to kill; then he takes out Rexy,Gaira,Zilla (98),Frankenstein,Ymir and Tarantula before getting defeated by Megauirus

then Titanosaurus and Anguirus both cancel each other out and while Showa Godzilla fights against CKG which he probably wins; While Yes CKG gave Mothra leo a hard fight; he was extremely weakened after time traveling and Showa Godzillas one of the most skilled godzillas ever, so he probably gets to CQC and manhandles CKG

now Megagirus is deadly but Legendary Rodan is faster;stronger and more brutal and sharper as he is basically a flying volcano;so if she trys and attacks him he would dodge her attacks and mandhandle her

so I think I take this and even if Mechagodzilla doesnt take out that much before being deactivated, then Knifehead and Trespasser can probably defeat the rest of them and help assist godzilla in taking down CKG
1: Meg flies quicker than MG shoots, so that's a no on him doing anything

2: Yeah, you got a point there, but CKG will have help, it won't just be 1v1

3: Rodan dodging something faster than him? yeah, no.

4: Knifehead and Trespasser beating anything on your enemy's team? Not happening, except maybe Rexy.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Pitching in that Titanosaurus’s weakness is sonic waves, which Megaguirus emits constantly as she flies at high speeds. Also that Megaguirus’ High Frequency EMP Waves also managed to reach the G-Grasper’s command center causing the Dimension Tide to start falling from orbit. I have no idea how far away the command center is from their fight though.

Added in 16 minutes 59 seconds:
Also I doubt Rodan will be able to catch Megaguirus. He flies pretty slowly for the most part, and is far less maneuverable in the air compared to Megaguirus who can immediately jet off to max speed compared to Rodan’s more gradual build up in speed. His burning hot armor may be some problem sure, but if Mothra could handle his heat for the most part, Megaguirus may be fine unless she stabs him with her stinger.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Really, everyone here could potentially have that supersonic weakness, per this: "Katsura Control - Mechagodzilla (Showa) & Titanosaurus - Each monster is placed under Katsura's control, ensuring maximum lethality." I doubt that's intended though

Added in 23 minutes 53 seconds:
What really helps EarthNeronga here is so many of the opposition are pushovers. Godzilla would dominate two, up to maybe three members at a time depending. The rest of the squad runs interference. Megaguirus is a pain, but I think Godzilla can take her. His instant atomic breath and agility will let him tag her eventually, but she'll be a problem for a while because of the numbers difference. If he can wipe her out, Mechagodzilla comes back to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and he's all out of gum.

Legendary Rodan can give some of the weaker members of the Forgettable issue, but he is not the smartest or deadliest fighter. He can hold his own, maybe take out a combatant or two if he's lucky but he's not the main attraction.

Knifehead and Trespasser aren't anything special either. They can give the enemy some fight but won't get a whole lot done on their own.

Titanosaurus is strong; best for Earth here besides the G-Man. Since the opposing Titano (I'll assume for the sake of argument that he is the only enemy affected by MegaG's waves) will be practically useless, Earth's Titano can go to town on many enemy fighters.

The Forgettables that aren't so forgettable are Cretaceous Ghidorah, Megaguirus and Jet Jaguar. They present a problem to everyone except Godzilla on their own. MegaG is too speedy for Titano, Ghidorah's fireballs will absolutely hurt him and Jet Jaguar can put up a solid fight but I believe would eventually lose.

The Forgettables' top talents can match EarthNeronga's for long enough for the numbers game to take affect. I'm afraid they take this one solidly.
Resized Image

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

I dont get how the Forgettables are gonna match me; most of their monsters are kinda fodder compared to my other kaiju like Knifehead and Trespasser; Also Legendary Rodan was able to bruality peck and bite down against Mothra; If Megauirus gets too close too legendary Rodan; then hes gonna tear her apart and bite her like he wouldve done against Legendarys Mothra

also Showa Godzilla can probably beat most of the monsters here Besides Megairus,CKG and Jet jaguar since most of them here are gonna be fodder except for Titanosaurus and Anguirus who would be fighting the other ones on my team
Showa Goji best Godzilla

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

EarthNeronga wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:17 pm I dont get how the Forgettables are gonna match me; most of their monsters are kinda fodder compared to my other kaiju like Knifehead and Trespasser
I am actually laughing so hard right now, you said that they are fodder compared to those pieces of wet toilet paper?

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Just the numbers diff, really. In football, there's a phrase they use. "Hats on hats" which means everyone is responsible for their man. The problem is almost every one of your monsters will be facing two monsters at the same time. They've got two hats on them :lol:

It is close though. If Godzilla gets a couple stiffs to fight (Frankie, Gaira, Tarantula, that level of competition) he will demolish them and move on, reversing that domino effect to the best of his ability. I just don't quite see him being able to carry the whole fight.

I'm totally open to a good argument, especially one that explains the importance of the PR kaiju because I'm not quite as familiar with them. Can they really take Rexy and Frankenstein on at once?
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

^for context, PR kaiju have the feats of tearing flimsy jaegers apart, that isn't much of a feat, and they have the worst durability, Gipsy Danger wouldn't give Showa much of a struggle, and knifehead lost to gipsy, trespasser's best feat is smashing a little rock bridge that was way smaller than him.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

2 notes:

1) One thing to consider is if SpaceGodzilla in rulers of Earth ever displayed an EMP ability. While the film and comic versions of the monsters are different interpretations, the Mechagodzillas in ROE did work in a direct confrontation with SpaceG. Meaning while yes, there is no evidence the film version can replicate said feat, an argument of resistance could be made since they are the same characters.

No idea about Katsure. Providing hypotheticals not answers.

2) PR kaiju are not the most durable, but their endurance is quite impressive for their universe. Most are shredded, blasted, and they still keep going.Trespasser took 3 miniature nukes to knock down while Knifehead took multiple shots of Gipsy's best energy weapon. Meanwhile Zilla died to missiles, Ymir to bullets and a fall, Gaira was on the ropes from laser/tank fire and the tarantula died of napalm.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

^there is a flaw with your statement about nuke tanking, Slattern took one, but before he was getting torn apart by Striker's blades. And I would assume this is the Trespasser named Lucy from PR The Black, who doesn't have a fighting style at all, just slap and use axe head.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

To #1, I don't consider that canon. It's like if someone writes a comic and has '33 King Kong farting fire, sure he didn't display anything to the contrary on film, but he never displayed anything to suggest he could either.

I'm not sure about Katsura either. I could have sworn Titano's weakness to sonic devices is from being controlled but nothing I've found confirms this. I remember the scene in the helicopter where they're blasting him with sound.

To #2 that is fair. Certainly buys them more time, and perhaps their blood toxicity can held ward off attackers.
Resized Image

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:23 pm To #1, I don't consider that canon. It's like if someone writes a comic and has '33 King Kong farting fire, sure he didn't display anything to the contrary on film, but he never displayed anything to suggest he could either.
While I understand your hesitancy, specifically for Toho they have to approve all uses of the characters/their portrayal in other media. Matt Frank mentioned this a number of times, along with other writers, about said process, having to go back and forth on ideas or things Toho didn't like. With such a stringent back and forth, I, as the head of this tournament, will allow such discussions to play out.
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:19 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:17 pm I dont get how the Forgettables are gonna match me; most of their monsters are kinda fodder compared to my other kaiju like Knifehead and Trespasser
I am actually laughing so hard right now, you said that they are fodder compared to those pieces of wet toilet paper?
I'm not laughing at this, not at all. If you wish to debate, please pull up feats or compare examples. Simply dunking on a selection of monsters with no examples is unwarranted.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Epsilon

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

So depending on how we interpret little bits of lore, this can range from Neronga bludgeoning and ripping apart a team of non-functional, helpless monsters to getting solidly beat by them. All depending on Terror of Mechagodzilla and a comic book released 30+ years later :lol:
Resized Image

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

I think MechaGodzilla can handle Megauirus EMP since she was only able to shut down several small Machines and equipment; While Mechagodzilla is a kaiju sized mecha and he could probably handling her EMP waves;

And Knife head was able to nearly kill gipsy Danger and he and tresspasser would be able to beat down Rexy,Gaira,Zilla (98),Frankenstein,Ymir and Tarantula and would be more violent since they are Katsura Control while Showa Godzilla would beat down on CKG while Legendary Rodan who may be slower then Megauirus; is more brutal and violent and with the Katsura Control would cause Megauirus the worst pain when she trys and attacks him

Titanosaurus and Anguirus fighting against the Forgettables team would be pretty even but due to the Katsura control thing; they would be more violent then usual and would probably prevail against the Forgettable team

and With Mechagodzilla he can just help kill CKG with his beams and missles or Megauirus or maybe he handles Jet Jaguar and beats down the Robot

So I think I can Take this handily
Showa Goji best Godzilla