GTTT R6: Coobzilla03 & CamtheGodzillafan vs. ShinGojira14 & Logan268

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Re: GTTT R6: Coobzilla03 & CamtheGodzillafan vs. ShinGojira14 & Logan268

Post by Greyshot151 »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:42 am If possible Greyshot, what's your opinion on the Rodan/Fire Rodan thing? Since it's the exact same creature with just a beam, logically he wouldn't be any more or less durable. King Kong '62, did he become more durable after getting shocked? I don't think so.
No I'd agree with your assessment, but I'd also note the difference in circumstances. Godzilla Heisei knocked out Rodan Heisei in their first engagement while Fire Rodan was killed, nearly, by the Plasma Grenade. So with this context, I don't think Megalon can kill Rodan Heisei with his lightning, but I do think Mothra's stinger can skewer Rodan Heisei if he's not careful or he can be knocked out by an unexpected series of blows.

So basically, its a flying tank vs. 1 equally fast and tenacious moth while the other is far deadlier, more agile but 1/3 the speed.
Coobzilla03 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:42 am To go back at bat for my boys Goliath and Gabara:
Gabara was far from defeated by Minilla's hands alone. Gabara got sent flying who knows how far by Minilla taking advantage of a see-saw. He held his own against Godzilla who awhile in melee combat and only admitted defeat after getting judo thrown by Godzilla - even then he wasn't killed.

Goliath dominated Daigoro in both their fights. Daigoro was doing squat in hand-to-hand, and only defeated him by blowing up Goliath's horn - a weakness he was told about by humans. The enemy's best counter to him, Mothra's reflective scales, depend on Mothra specifically going to Goliath and coating him. Mothra wouldn't know about that power until he uses it at least once.
And I agree with your points. Gabara is definitely not useless. Just pointing out my lack of confidence in his success if he fought Sanda 1v1, but luckily, your team has a numbers advantage to help that. Also, Goliath will need to use his horn lightning once, and then Mothra will need to throw up a cloud and then Goliath has to use it again. Questions to ask in this scenario would be:

1) Who wins the air battle? Rodan Heisei & Mothra Showa or Mothra Legendary, Mothra SOS/FW & Kamacuras (M). If the first team, then this scenario is pointless.
2) Will Goliath be tempted to use his lightning more than once in this larger engagement?
3) Will the Shobijin or Mothra recognize the opportunity, just like in SOS or FW?
4) Unable to reach Mothra, will Goliath be tempted to use his lightning horn?
5) Finally, would that explosion kill Goliath?

Lots of questions.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

^Hold up, Megalon never used his lightning in the movie, or am I missing something?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:17 am ^Hold up, Megalon never used his lightning in the movie, or am I missing something?
He uses it to destroy the Self Defense Force when the military attacks him. While I don't think he uses it against the monsters in the final battle, its still a low possibility.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Greyshot151 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:20 am
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:17 am ^Hold up, Megalon never used his lightning in the movie, or am I missing something?
He uses it to destroy the Self Defense Force when the military attacks him. While I don't think he uses it against the monsters in the final battle, its still a low possibility.
That was stock footage, not the actual movie, I just looked it up.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Heisei Rodan absolutely became more durable when he became Fire Rodan. As regular Rodan, he went down to five atomic rays. I counted.

As Fire Rodan, he tanked multiple Mega Buster and Garuda laser cannon shots with no harm, and finally went down after getting shot not once, nor even twice, but three times by MechaGodzilla’s Plasma Grenade—the third of which was a point blank one. The first only stopped him mid-flight in his tracks, the second sent him flying through a building—and not thirty seconds later, he springs to his feet and starts beating Mecha G up.

Word of advice, Cam and Coob: after you’ve (likely) kicked me and Logan’s ass, and you get the opportunity to upgrade one of your monsters, upgrade Heisei Rodan.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:49 am Heisei Rodan absolutely became more durable when he became Fire Rodan. As regular Rodan, he went down to five atomic rays. I counted.

As Fire Rodan, he tanked multiple Mega Buster and Garuda laser cannon shots with no harm, and finally went down after getting shot not once, nor even twice, but three times by MechaGodzilla’s Plasma Grenade—the third of which was a point blank one. The first only stopped him mid-flight in his tracks, the second sent him flying through a building—and not thirty seconds later, he springs to his feet and starts beating Mecha G up.

Word of advice, Cam and Coob: after you’ve (likely) kicked me and Logan’s ass, and you get the opportunity to upgrade one of your monsters, upgrade Heisei Rodan.
You mean pick Fire Birb over 70's Godzilla?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:20 am That was stock footage, not the actual movie, I just looked it up.
Megalon's Horn Lightning is cannon and applies to this vs. Just because Toho used the most cost saving technique in the business for that scene, doesn't exclude it from this or any other discussion.
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:49 am Heisei Rodan absolutely became more durable when he became Fire Rodan. As regular Rodan, he went down to five atomic rays. I counted.
Honestly, I was going by memory but thank you for doing your due diligence. So yes, Rodan Heisei durability for this discussion is < Fire Rodan durability.
—Epsilon

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:54 am Numbers wise, Cam & Coob do have the higher number. 15 v 11. But some of that is misleading. Gezora is not the greatest Tier 1 monster for S&L but alot of Coob/Cam's team is comprised of Larvae or monsters that were defeated by infants, Goliath & Gabara. Same type of idea with the Giant Boa. Now, so long as those weaker monsters can hide behind their Tier 4 or 3 counterparts, they should be great assisters.

Now what I can't underestimate is Rodan (Heisei) & Kong 05. Especially the later, is an experience powerhouse. I'd hate to be the Spinosaurus in that fight, or the Mothras in the air; however, neither party is invincible. Mothra (S0S/FW) technically parried Gigan's blades in mid-air and matches' Heisei's speed while Mothra Legendary is probably breathing a sigh of relief that she doesn't have to worry about a molten Rodan, meaning she can use her stinger more freely. As for Kong, we've seen King Cobra take on an armored version of said ape (Yeti), so if Kong is distracted or fights 1v1, then he may be in trouble.

Communication is also debatable but edges toward C&C. We know Showa Mothra can communicate with monsters, but those same feats were never directly displayed to my knowledge with either Legendary or SOS/FW.

Speaking of Mothras, Legendary is arguably the deadliest/ best able to assist with her silk and stinger. Mothra Showa and SOS have speed and scales with SOS having the higher threshold because A) Goliath or Megalon can detonate said scales in a massive explosion while B) Since this is SOS & FW, if Mothra goes incendiary, it means she can take multiple monsters out at the absolute, best case scenario. And keep in mind, Mothra lived through that explosion.

Final note, Raijin is definitely the scariest one on the field. With his kinetic reversal, it'll take a lot to bring him down so S&C will need to be able to clear a lot of the field in order to fight him or have at least 2+ monsters contending with him. Question will be, can they?
1. The weaker tier kaiju are not going to hide behind their counterparts even with better communication skills. The Mothras will stick together but everyone else other than the Kongs aren't exactly the most intelligent bunch. Gabara and Goliath aren't the best fighters either. How will Showa Mothra even communicate if she and the larvae are busy dealing with a kaiju attacking them? She can't do both at the same time.
2. Mothra (Legendary) can and will use her stinger more freely since Birb isn't made of literal fire and as I said before, she will most likely go after Birb first due to Birb looking similar to the superior Rodan.
3. Now that Greyshot mentioned it, I think King Cobra will go after the Kongs first spitting his glue in the eyes of 1976 before taking care of 2005.
4. Thank you Greyshot for reminding me that SOS/FW Mothra can become literal fire Mothra after an explosion and that next explosion will absolutely kill multiple monsters. Not even Raijin is capable of surviving that explosion given that most Anteverse Kaiju are NOT explosion-proof.
5. If King Cobra spits out as much goo and shrugs off/speeds to avoid the webbing and lightning, yes I absolutely see King Cobra pulling through and becoming the MVP of this battle especially if he spits goo at Raijin's face to stun him. Fortunately, King Cobra DOES use his goo often to keep people hostage so naturally, he will use the goo to deal with anyone that crosses him.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

So wait, what are the voting rules, it says nothing about second place voting.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Looks like he copy and pasted the rules from the other match :D should be standard rules, I imagine.
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

But this is a tag team, not a 1v1v1, I think Greyshot unintentionally erased something

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Standard rules as in voting for us or voting for them, like we did in the prior team round.

Here, Cam and I have the numbers advantage and a few of the more powerful monsters on the field, while Logan and Shin have a more fleshed out middle tier.

- Raijin is the best-equipped combatant on the field. His kinetic energy manipulation will make him an absolute nightmare for a couple of Team S&L's monsters.
- King Kong '05 is an incredibly fearsome combatant, but not the most durable.
- Rodan and our Mothra should be able to handle the opposing Mothras and Kamacuras. If Rodan gets a hit on them, they're totally boned. Plus, we'll have backup in the form of Goliath and Kumonga, potentially Kong '05 if he can get some elevation off a hill. Kamacuras dies if anyone breathes on him - he was impaled by a phone tower.
- King Cobra's definitely a pain in the rear, but I think we can work something out. With the communication advantage it's not likely that Cobra will be able to get a drop on anyone without being rebuffed. Goliath and Gabara have great counters with their electric shock. Kong '05 is strong enough and wily enough to get out of that pickle I would say better than Robo Yeti. Kong '76 was faced with a similar situation against a lesser foe. He could potentially still get out of but it would be tough. Ebirah, probably boned.

Speaking broadly, Logan and Cam's teams are very close in ability/effectiveness. Would be a great match on its own. Shin vs. my team, I hold an advantage in both numbers and killing power. It would also be a close match. I we can squeak this one out but it's a tight fight with lots, and I mean lots, of variables. I'll hold off voting until we get some clarification first.
Resized Image

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Yeah, just put in bold which pair you think comes out on top.
—Epsilon

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Coobzilla03 & CamtheGodzillafan with just a few survivors
Resized Image

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

ShinGojira14 & Logan268 come out on top despite the numbers disadvantage and thanks to having superior durability and quality over quantity.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Me and Coob win because of a few reasons:

1: Logan's argument's proved little evidence

2: Raijin is virtually unstoppable compared to Shin's team and most of Logan's

3: Birb

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Our team is fucking dead.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:03 pm Me and Coob win because of a few reasons:

1. You never asked for evidence in the first place and I don't need evidence when some of what I've said is actual canon.
2. I agree with you that Raijin is unstoppable on paper but like Greyshot said, if more than one kaiju targets Raijin that is when Raijin is kind of in trouble.
3. Birb is overrated and doesn't stick to the same strategy. Once his opponent goes down, Birb stops hit and run and tries to fight up close. We both know that ended with Birb getting choked out. It's canon.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Logan268 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:12 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:03 pm Me and Coob win because of a few reasons:

1. You never asked for evidence in the first place and I don't need evidence when some of what I've said is actual canon.
2. I agree with you that Raijin is unstoppable on paper but like Greyshot said, if more than one kaiju targets Raijin that is when Raijin is kind of in trouble.
3. Birb is overrated and doesn't stick to the same strategy. Once his opponent goes down, Birb stops hit and run and tries to fight up close. We both know that ended with Birb getting choked out. It's canon.
1: Yeah, some, the rest made no actual sense
2: Fair Point
3: It's my little joke, let me have this.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Coob and Cam Basically murder Shin and Logans team; They have the superior Kaiju and are much more powerful; espically with the powerful Muto, the Deadly Raijin and ofcourse

BIRB
Showa Goji best Godzilla