GTTT R5: Logan268 vs. Gojira41mk11

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

GTTT R5: Logan268 vs. Gojira41mk11

Post by Greyshot151 »

Logan268
Gezora
King Ceasar (Showa)
Megalon

vs.

Gojira 41mk11
Kamoebas
Skull Crawler (x6)
Kamacuras (Showa)
Gyaos (Juvenile) X6
Baragon (Millennium)
Moguera (Showa) X2
Ramarak (SkullCrawler)
Gororin

Tag-Team Modifiers:
Gojira41mk11
Swarm Tactics - 3 Gyaos & 3 Skullcrawlers - Double the swarm numbers of your party
Subterranean Terrors - Any Skullcrawlers & Any Baragon - Set environment to underground chambers
Wait, don't they come in pairs? - Moguera (Showa) - Duplicate if it is the only Tier 2 monster on your team
Sup-Tier-ior Team - Have 5 Tier 1 Kaiju - Gain a random monster above your opponents highest tier

Location: Infant Island Underground Chambers (Not hollow Earth, but large enough to suite all combatants)
Location Modifier: None None

Rules: Heisei Scaling

Discussion starts 1/24
Voting starts 1/26. (Make your choice in Bold Text)
Voting ends, end of day, 1/26
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: GTTT R5: Logan268 vs. Gojira41mk11

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Some general thoughts:
- Holy numbers disparity, Batman!
- Gezora's liable to get swarmed rather quickly. He's only a temporary distraction.
- The Gyaos are severely hampered by lack of room down here. They will act as they did in the stadium and simply charge their foes. Which, with numbers difference, isn't the worst thing; they're afterthoughts and can get away with it for a while.
- Moguera, Baragon and Megalon have burrowing ability which will help big time down here. However, I'm not sure if Moguera's is battle effective. Probably better off just standing and shooting the enemy anyways.
- Megalon's firepower is incredible. I imagine his napalm will absolutely fill this chamber and take out many members of Gojira's entourage at once. However, without Gigan, he tends to take his time doing so.
- The durability showcased by Megalon and especially King Caesar is incredible. Megalon got wailed on by Godzilla and Jet Jaguar and swallowed his own napalm bomb and survived, wasn't ripped to shreds. King Caesar took a thrashing from Mechagodzilla in hand-to-hand combat and withstood Mechagodzilla's full arsenal. It's going to take a lot to take these guys down.

The question I have to ask is, can Megalon use his crowd-thinning techniques in time? If he rips off a couple napalm shots, most of Gojira's team will go down. I say yes. The only monsters with a reasonable shot to put down Megalon, much less Caesar in a timely manner is Baragon and the Giant Skullcrawler. Megalon and Caesar are both ferocious melee combatants and I feel like they can hold out long enough.

Leaning Logan
Resized Image

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

The ultimate battle of quality vs quantity! Gezora is going down pretty much immediately as it’ll get promptly shredded by the swarm, leaving King Caesar and Megalon alone to face off against 18 monsters. The Skull Crawlers, Baragon, the Mogueras, and Megalon are all in their element here. The Gyaos might have a pretty big problem depending on just how big “large enough to suit all combatants” is. Does that mean the Gyaos have enough room to fly around freely? I hope so, because those Supersonic Scalpels are very helpful in terms of inflicting damage now that Supe-Tier-ior Team is gone… Wait, don’t I still have five tier one kaiju?

Anyway, the main question here is can King Caesar and Megalon handle getting jumped by nine monsters at once? I’ll refrain from saying one way or the other for now.
:Gigan: Gigan <3 :Gigan:
But Gigan is a villain that prove you support only villain not hero
Wrong. The current MonsterVerse films are “kaka”. At least these classic Showa kaiju films ain’t WOKE!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Gojira 41mk11 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:15 pm Wait, don’t I still have five tier one kaiju?
Whoops! Added that bonus back to you. You acquired Gororin!

And for the other question, its about a stadium sized area underground. So big enough for the Gyaos to fly, but nowhere near comfortable enough for them to strafe.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Never seen the show but wasn't Gororin highly resistant to physical damage and has sharp needles that he can launch? He could certainly change the tide if so.
Resized Image

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:37 pm Never seen the show but wasn't Gororin highly resistant to physical damage and has sharp needles that he can launch? He could certainly change the tide if so.
Indeed. He tanked Godzilla Heisei's atomic ray and rolled over, ha, Anguirus and Godzilla. The issue comes from Megalon's Napalm & King Caesar's golem body.
—Epsilon

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Megalon's napalm and burrowing hard-counters Gororin, and if those tunnels collapse, then everything that can't tunnel is going to get crushed, except King Caesar, because he's hard 24/7.

Here's the final outcome in my opinion:

Logan: King Caesar and Megalon

vs

Gojira: Baragon (M), One Moggy, and Ramark

Baragon, for a tier one, is strong, but against King Caesar or Megalon, he's dead. Showa Moggy is pretty weak, I'm not even going to explain, and Ramark is alright in tight spaces, from what Skullcrawlers have shown in combat, but against Megalon, he's dead. Leaning Logan.

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

The question I have to ask is, can Megalon use his crowd-thinning techniques in time?
The answer to that question is obvious, He can use the power of explosives. :mrgreen:

Besides that and the obvious numbers disadvantage/initial 9 kaiju MAYBE jumping Gezora and King Caesar at the start, I still have this in the bag. King Caesar and Megalon are two of the most underrated kaiju in history. Gezora can handle Kamoebas but dies to literally everything else. The Juvenile Gyaos and smaller Skullcrawlers are lacking in terms of durability, Ramarak lost due to a flare blowing up his eye and the best chance that Gojira41MK11 has at winning this is hard countered by King Caesar's greatest power: Deflecting beams that hit his eyes. And no, The gyaos don't have enough room to fly freely because this is underground and one of them firing a sonic cutter beam ends with more than one Gyaos getting crippled very fast. That and Megalon's habit of spamming Napalm Bombs guarantees that the underground chambers collapse depending on how many explosions they and Gojira's squad can take. Gororin gets hard countered by Megalon as Cam stated.

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

I doubt Megalon's Napalm Grenade will be able to hurt Gororin when Godzilla's Atomic Breath only briefly stunned it the first time and then completely failed to affect it the second. And for King Caesar, there's no indication he would fare any better than the likes of Baragon and Gorosaurus against the needles. Not only was he shown running away from the cactus in fear just like the others, but it effortlessly knocked the combined mass of King Caesar, Godzilla, Baragon, Gorosaurus, Godzilla Junior, and Rodan over like bowling pins. Unless the chambers cave in on top of it, Gororin will keep on rolling.
Logan268 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:39 pm
The question I have to ask is, can Megalon use his crowd-thinning techniques in time?
The answer to that question is obvious, He can use the power of explosives. :mrgreen:
That and Megalon's habit of spamming Napalm Bombs guarantees that the underground chambers collapse depending on how many explosions they and Gojira's squad can take.
He only spammed the Napalm Bombs once, and it was to trap his foes, not even attempting to hit them. And that was far from soon into the fight, may I add. More than anything, Megalon uses them to stop opponents from getting away. He did try to fire one into Godzilla's face after 20 minutes, but that completely backfired on him.
Wrong. The current MonsterVerse films are “kaka”. At least these classic Showa kaiju films ain’t WOKE!

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

And what does your team have in comparison? Gororin and Baragon but I don't see anyone being able to take out either Megalon or King Caesar thanks to both surviving a lot of punishment. Coob already explained that better than I ever could.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Logan does have a point, nothing on your team can hurt King Caesar or Megalon badly enough to kill them, not even Gororin.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Can monsters suffocate from smoke due to Napalm Bombs setting a whole bunch of fires in an enclosed space? Or would the smoke be a good cover for many monsters in this fight if they can get past the flames.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

The problem with that theory is that the Gyaos can fly and the gusts from their wings flapping could disperse the smoke IF they last long enough which is not going to be the case. King Caesar is immune to suffocation though and Megalon survived technically eating smoke generated by a Napalm Bomb in his own mouth.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Usually, I wouldn't talk about a match unless I knew all the participants in the battle, but I think this is pretty clear cut. There are just far too many enemies for Logan to win this fight. Gezora would die even to the weakest of his adversaries even with his cold touch (which Inferno Rodan pretty much stated wasn't nearly as effective as has been said quite a while ago. Giving a human frostbite is pretty small scale, so something its own size should be more capable of handling it unless it's specifically susceptible to cold temperatures.) Ramarak wrapping around enemies leaves them rather distracted with dislodging it from them while their ally has to deal with the rest of their opponents.

Having Gyaos swarming and Skullcrawlers swarming them alongside the tenacious Baragon, tough Kamoebas especially for King Caesar since Megalon at least has projectiles as opposed to plain brawn, and how capable Gororin is according to the discussion spells trouble even for Megalon if he can just tank beams. Gojira41mk11 seems to be the likely winner to me... :KingCaesar: & :Megalon: vs. :Anguirus:
Last edited by HillyHulk on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

Logan268 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:17 pm And what does your team have in comparison? Gororin and Baragon but I don't see anyone being able to take out either Megalon or King Caesar thanks to both surviving a lot of punishment. Coob already explained that better than I ever could.

An absurd numbers advantage and a cactus who somehow was on the winning end of a fight with not only King Caesar, but the likes of Godzilla himself. Gororin alone would be difficult for your team to handle given how thoroughly it terrorized the residents of Godzila Island. Add 18 other combatants onto its team and the situation isn't looking good. Even though they survived a lot of punishment, I find it hard to believe they'll last through a 19 monster assault. And no hate to Megalon (he's one of my favorites) but he's not the most cunning monster. Rushing straight in, as he tends to do, might not end well in a situation like this. Gororin might not even let him in the first place; it's plenty capable of keeping both King Caesar and Megalon a good distance away at once. My team is just too overwhelming, especially in an enclosed space.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Adding Gororin, whose very impressive feats were listed by Greyshot, really helps seal it for Gojira. If Megalon had Gigan direct him to spam napalm, they could win but instead Megalon will take too long with Gororin adding his thorns into the mix.
Resized Image

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Nagoda wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:16 pm Can monsters suffocate from smoke due to Napalm Bombs setting a whole bunch of fires in an enclosed space? Or would the smoke be a good cover for many monsters in this fight if they can get past the flames.
I wouldn't say that the napalm can suffocate monsters, as this is suppose to be something like a massive underground set of chambers. Main benefit is to give burrowers or subterranean creatures an edge. As for smoking out the monsters, definitely a thing to consider.

Might modify this bonus to move it to an actual location to help mitigate these inquiries.
—Epsilon

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I've been picturing this taking place in a larger version of the cavern from Ultraman Episode 29 where Goldon resides.
Resized Image

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Megalon wasn't directed to spam Napalm by Gigan, Gigan got blasted down by Godzilla's Atomic Breath and then Megalon started spamming on his own. The first time, Jet Jaguar simply moved upward and Megalon shot a bomb straight away. NO ONE on Gojira's team can really kill either Megalon or King Caesar.

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
And let's not forget Megalon actually burrows faster than Moguera and Baragon.
Last edited by Logan268 on Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

What a gross match... I'll really have to abstain for now.

Either A) Megalon lights the place up immediately, killing off a good chunk of enemies or B) Megalon holds off an Logan's team get swarmed and beat up on for like 3 hours without respite.
Resized Image