Most wasted Kaiju

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Most wasted Kaiju

Post by EarthNeronga »

In your Opinion what Kaiju in the Ultraseries had such great potential but wasn't used properly or has only one appearance and never returned to do anything special like kiyla or kingsaurus for example

One I can Refer to is the Monster Chief

Geronimon

I mean here were his most accomplishable feats

-first big bad kaiju that could have a monster army
-first monster that was like a chief and was the first big bad
-first monster to revive kaiju
-first monster that expand more on the lore about how all the monsters were under his rule

that's a lot of accomplishment's and his episode was great and he was a good threat but after that he didn't return at all since this day. which is a damn shame since he was such a unique kaiju and was very underrated as there's no other kaiju who could revive that I can think off. Its a damn shame that he hasn't been brought back yet but maybe in the future

but what other kaiju or Seijin you can you think off that was wasted potential
Showa Goji best Godzilla

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Re: Most wasted Kaiju

Post by Dyrakro »

I think Dorako is a kaiju being way too often wasted. I feel like he could be a quite interesting threat. Aside of Dorako II we've never seen the original, winged & hook-handed form fight an Ultra - just a short glimpse in Ultraman X.

Also Cereza, the first big bad of Ultraman R/B who took control of Aizen Makoto. After the last episode he never got a true conclusion to his story. He was just written off.

Both are of course examples of characters who did have various appearances.
Aside of these two I can't think of any kaijus being actually wasted... most are just underused but they did get their time to shine in at least one episode and got a conclusion to their story.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I don't think many beat Geronimon. His episode feels oddly climactic, and sans the Zetton episode which sort of solidifies Ultraman as Earth's hero works well as a finale for the episode. If Zetton is a resolution for the alien invader episodes, Geronimon is that for the monsters.

Only monster that sort of rivals it is IF. It's from one of the best Max episodes, possibly one of the best In the series. Long and short of it, IF was this continually transforming monster that was invincible. It had a cool design, and was just all out amazing. I think the reason why it probably hasn't come back is that it's original episode is perfect.

There's a ton of weird Leo and Taro monsters which are worth bring back and expanding on, but I doubt it'll happen.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Showa King Kong, easy. Dude was knocking back berry juice until he passed out in the dirt.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Geronimon is a great choice. The episode is good, especially the Ide storyline, but they could have done more to work the Monster Chief into a more threatening character. (Also, is there a discussion thread for the original Ultraman? I haven't seen one but that seems hard to believe.)
Resized Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Dyrakro wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:52 am I think Dorako is a kaiju being way too often wasted. I feel like he could be a quite interesting threat. Aside of Dorako II we've never seen the original, winged & hook-handed form fight an Ultra - just a short glimpse in Ultraman X.
This, all the way. I hated how he was treated in his debut episode. You'd think the kaiju who literally originates from that comet everyone's worrying about would be the main threat but nope! Red King takes the spotlight because he ate a random nuke or something. Say what you want about Powered but at least, it made Dorako memorable as a combatant.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:28 am
Dyrakro wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:52 am I think Dorako is a kaiju being way too often wasted. I feel like he could be a quite interesting threat. Aside of Dorako II we've never seen the original, winged & hook-handed form fight an Ultra - just a short glimpse in Ultraman X.
This, all the way. I hated how he was treated in his debut episode. You'd think the kaiju who literally originates from that comet everyone's worrying about would be the main threat but nope! Red King takes the spotlight because he ate a random nuke or something. Say what you want about Powered but at least, it made Dorako memorable as a combatant.
Dorako shouldve been the monster who fought Ultraman and Honestly; I wouldve had Dorako nearly kill ultraman (not with luck with Gomora but instead with actual fighting and giving him impressive durability) but the Science Patrol send the Comet away and it makes dorako leave the planet

Added in 1 minute 55 seconds:
JAGzilla wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:05 am Showa King Kong, easy. Dude was knocking back berry juice until he passed out in the dirt.
This is for Ultra Kaiju but Showa Kong was the best drinker in the universe
Showa Goji best Godzilla

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I'd love to see Geronimon return. Also Jirass. I mean they keep using Gomess, even with the obvious origin, I don't see why Jirass is off limits.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Dyrakro wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:52 am Also Cereza, the first big bad of Ultraman R/B who took control of Aizen Makoto. After the last episode he never got a true conclusion to his story. He was just written off.
I agree, Cereza got absolutely wasted.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

EarthNeronga wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:13 pm Dorako shouldve been the monster who fought Ultraman and Honestly; I wouldve had Dorako nearly kill ultraman (not with luck with Gomora but instead with actual fighting and giving him impressive durability) but the Science Patrol send the Comet away and it makes dorako leave the planet
That would've been interesting! Love your idea.

I truly hope Dorako will get a chance one day and finally manage to be the main threat of an episode. Maybe even one that gets to beat an Ultra. TsuPro still got a working suit after all.

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Every Kaiju from Ultraman 80 were wasted.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Practically all the Nexus kaiju. Especially Nosferu and Esmael. Esmael is way cooler than most the other hybrid boss monsters who I typically find kinda derpy. He doesn't even have any figures.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Geronimon is a monster that is RIPE with wasted potential. He could legit be a New Gen movie villian and actually use his powers and raise up an army of kaiju. I'm still surprised he has yet to return. He is, without a doubt, the number one wasted kaiju that comes to mind.

There's a good number of kaiju that are sitting in the Showa/Heisei era just collecting dust that would absolutely shine in the modern era. Goldras is another that has been completely wasted since his debut. His King version didn't act anything like him, nor even utilize the time/space powers he uses. There's so much they could do with him now that the Ultra multiverse is blown open and other weird kaiju have become the norm, like Bulton and Greeza. They could legit turn Goldras into a sort of predator of these "living but not actually alive voids" and have him prey on Greezas and Bultons. When Trigger was announced, I was so excited to maybe see Goldras back. Alas... Nope.

I may be biased on the next one because it's one of my favorites and my favorite Chouju from Ultraman Ace, but Lunatyx. The fact Aribunta gets more attention than Lunatyx is just dumb. The big three Chouju (Vakishim, Doragoris and Velokron), I understand why they get love. But why not Lunatyx? Such a unique looking kaiju with crazy powers.

Dorako is another I feel that is wasted. A cool design and yet he NEVER fights an Ultra. The only time they actually fought was in Powered. Dorako needs a Dorako-centric episode, even if he is really just a monster of the week type.

Gudon and Birdon being turned into jobber kaiju since Mebius is just annoying too. Once again, I may be biased because these two are legit my favorite Ultra kaiju. Birdon was originally a serious threat, had a three-parter and killed Taro and Zoffy. Gudon is a super predator that feeds on other kaiju and was treated as something akin to Gomora in his debut in Return of Ultraman. However, now they just pop up to be fodder whenever.

Galberos... Also my favorite Nexus kaiju... Is way overdo a proper return. His illusions with modern effects/camera work would be awesome. I was expecting him to show up back in R/B, honestly. The fact they could of had him make illusions that forced the brothers to fight one another in an episode and didn't... Just wasted potential. They could have done the same thing in Taiga, Z... Or really, any show with multiple Ultras. Way overdo.

Night Fang. One of the absolute coolest New Gen debuting kaiju. Hasn't been seen since Taiga. With a Lovercraftian design and supernatural origin with crazy powers... Do not waste him, PLEASE.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Fucking Lunaticks needs to return; she was fucking wasted

Same with the Giras brothers,Kiyla,Kingsaurus III and of course Mechagiras and Crescent and Majaba and Goldras
Showa Goji best Godzilla

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:57 pm Same with the Giras brothers,Kiyla,Kingsaurus III and of course Mechagiras and Crescent and Majaba and Goldras
Hard agree on all counts, especially the Giras brothers.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

It is surprising we've never gotten a proper "Ultraman vs. Dorako" episode, barring Powered. Considering the Dorako suit hasn't been seen since X, it's very likely beyond use. A shame.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:18 pm It is surprising we've never gotten a proper "Ultraman vs. Dorako" episode, barring Powered. Considering the Dorako suit hasn't been seen since X, it's very likely beyond use. A shame.
I don't know about that. The Red King suit first used in Max was JUST retired in Decker after being converted into Sphere Red King. Gudon's suit, which was also just announced to be retiring in Decker, has existed since Mebius.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:23 am
MaxRebo320 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:18 pm It is surprising we've never gotten a proper "Ultraman vs. Dorako" episode, barring Powered. Considering the Dorako suit hasn't been seen since X, it's very likely beyond use. A shame.
I don't know about that. The Red King suit first used in Max was JUST retired in Decker after being converted into Sphere Red King. Gudon's suit, which was also just announced to be retiring in Decker, has existed since Mebius.
Red King and Gudon are higher priority monsters than Dorako. I'd imagine a lot has to do with how important it is to the effects crew to keep certain suits in good condition.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:56 am
Red King and Gudon are higher priority monsters than Dorako. I'd imagine a lot has to do with how important it is to the effects crew to keep certain suits in good condition.
I also don't really know about that either. Red King is always treated with some "respect" when they make their appearances. Gudon, not so much. Not since his return debut in Mebius. He's been regulated to just canon fodder. I can't think of a single time since his initial redebut where he's had an actual episode just dedicated to him. Telesdon is another monster suit that's been around for a LONG time and has been kept in good shape, and I'd rank him around the same "priority" as Dorako. The modern Gesura suit as well.

Quote of the Year:

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:45 am
Legion1979 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:56 am

I also don't really know about that either. Red King is always treated with some "respect" when they make their appearances. Gudon, not so much. Not since his return debut in Mebius. He's been regulated to just canon fodder. I can't think of a single time since his initial redebut where he's had an actual episode just dedicated to him. Telesdon is another monster suit that's been around for a LONG time and has been kept in good shape, and I'd rank him around the same "priority" as Dorako. The modern Gesura suit as well.
I always saw the Decker Episode with him as a episode centered around him, Telesdon,Pagos,Twin Tail and Return of Agira
Showa Goji best Godzilla