GTTT R4: Logan268 vs. EarthNeronga

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

GTTT R4: Logan268 vs. EarthNeronga

Post by Greyshot151 »

Logan268
Zilla (98)
Gezora
Red King (G1)
King Caesar (Showa)

vs.

EarthNeronga
The Ymir
Minilla (Showa)
Gaira
Anguirus (Showa)

Tag-Team Modifiers:
None

Location Modifier: None

Rules: Heisei Scaling

Discussion starts 1/19
Voting starts 1/21. (Make your choice in Bold Text)
Voting ends, end of day, 1/21
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: GTTT R4: Logan268 vs. EarthNeronga

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Is drowning a factor, or can everyone breathe underwater?
Resized Image

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:01 pm Is drowning a factor, or can everyone breathe underwater?
Drowning is for sure a factor! I will say though, I don't think that applies to King Caesar who is a golem.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Oh boy, me vs EarthNeronga round 2 but I see this ending the exact same way as last time. :D

Getting this out of the way, King Caesar is waterproof given that he is technically a golem and thus can't exactly drown. Zilla and Gezora are both good swimmers so that helps my team out a lot. Ymir is not bigger than my squad this time around and Minilla still exists but isn't really a big problem besides the occasional Atomic Breath but again he mostly shoots harmless smoke rings. And we don't know if Minilla and Ymir actually capable of swimming which renders them even more useless. The biggest threats would be Gaira and Anguirus but fortunately, I have someone who is superior in the melee department in Cam's boi, King Caesar. And Minilla's Atomic Breath is rendered useless thanks to Caesar's greatest power of all: Deflecting beams via his eyes.

Really the only one I see killing anyone on my team is Minilla of all kaiju since Anguirus isn't that powerful considering how many times he got his ass kicked in comparison to how many battles he has actually won. King Caesar's the best fighter out of everyone here, Gezora's got tentacles with a cold touch that aids in practically slowing Minilla and Ymir down, Zilla's got the Power Breath plus a speed advantage and Red King is one brutal kaiju regardless of the incarnation given how easily he ripped off an arm.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

In that case, Logan's got it.

Red King never displayed the ability to breathe underwater. Neither did Anguirus or The Ymir if I'm not mistaken. The match turns into Zilla, Gezora and King Caesar vs. Gaira and Minilla. Caesar could take that on his own, really. Unfortunate map draw for EarthNeronga.
Resized Image

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

I mean, Anguirus is capable of swimming and Red King could hypothetically survive long enough considering that no kaiju actually DROWNED when in the water before. But Ymir's dead since he never swam in the movie at all.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Logan268 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:24 pm I mean, Anguirus is capable of swimming and Red King could hypothetically survive long enough considering that no kaiju actually DROWNED when in the water before. But Ymir's dead since he never swam in the movie at all.
Being two miles undersea though? I don't buy that he'd last very long. Same with Red King. They are animals, after all. Giant ones of course but it doesn't seem right to assume they can handle being two miles under for very long. BUT, even if you're generous in assuming that they can fight at full strength. It may not quite be enough for a win. Anguirus is much more durable than Red King but I don't see him being able to bring down Caesar. His mobility disadvantage won't help him against Zilla, who can occupy him long enough for King Caesar to rip Gaira a new one.

Props for being the Devil's advocate in your own match!
Resized Image

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Two things to consider:

Isn't Anguirus underwater at the start of Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla? Genuinely curious if I'm remembering that scene correctly.

I'd also note that King Caesar's reflection only works if the opponent aims for King Caesar's eyes so the atomic ray's reflection by Minilla isn't an automatic guarantee.
—Epsilon

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:49 pm Two things to consider:

Isn't Anguirus underwater at the start of Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla? Genuinely curious if I'm remembering that scene correctly.

I'd also note that King Caesar's reflection only works if the opponent aims for King Caesar's eyes so the atomic ray's reflection by Minilla isn't an automatic guarantee.
1. Anguirus was in Siberia surrounded by snow in that scene not underwater but he did swim toward Japan in Godzilla vs Gigan
2. Most kaiju always fire directly at the face of their opponent Minilla is included regardless of that being automatic or not.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Arena gives Logan a firm win here.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Why did it have to be sea why lord? :shock:

But Anyways I think I take it for one clearr Reason

King Caesar is going to sink in the bottom of the occean and drown since he is made out of stone and will fall in the occean and will drown instantly

Anguirus,Minya and Gaira could also swim and maybe Zilla and Gezora could (Red King is a debate but he wont do much here and ymir isnt known)

So its going to be a sea battle and I see Anguirus being able to kill Zilla and Gezora getting murdered by Gaira while Minya wonders why His Uncle is killing a bunch of sea kaiju

if this was on land it would be a debate but cause its in sea; King Caesar is going to drown and sink faster then how Gamera in 2006s francise sinked down fast
Showa Goji best Godzilla

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:26 pm Why did it have to be sea why lord? :shock:

King Caesar is going to sink in the bottom of the occean and drown since he is made out of stone and will fall in the occean and will drown instantly

Anguirus,Minya and Gaira could also swim and maybe Zilla and Gezora could (Red King is a debate but he wont do much here and ymir isnt known)

So its going to be a sea battle and I see Anguirus being able to kill Zilla and Gezora getting murdered by Gaira while Minya wonders why His Uncle is killing a bunch of sea kaiju

if this was on land it would be a debate but cause its in sea; King Caesar is going to drown and sink faster then how Gamera in 2006s francise sinked down fast
They are all at the same depth, Greyshot stated it is the ocean floor.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:28 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:26 pm Why did it have to be sea why lord? :shock:

True but it does have a 2 mile depth like which is like 12,100 feet

So King Caesar is still probably going to sink since hes a stone kaiju
Showa Goji best Godzilla

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:29 pm

They are all on the ocean floor, all of them. And your team still has to beat KC, which they can't.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:30 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:29 pm

They are all on the ocean floor, all of them. And your team still has to beat KC, which they can't.

oh True Damn

Well I think Anguirus and King Caesar are pretty even in fighting and skull; plus KC beam reflection isnt going to apply here since Anguirus uses brute force and is very brutal with his bitting. King Caesars probably more durable but it depends on backup which I think I have since I could see Gaira being able to beat the dumb and kinda Tough Red King with some difficulty. and Minya and Ymir could defeat Zilla and Gezora
Showa Goji best Godzilla

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Ymir will drown, he isn't beating Zilla and Gezora. I do admit, Red King will probably drown, so yeah, Gaira beat him. But King Caesar was tanking shots from mechagodzilla, and even throwing him around and denting that space metal at some points, he has far more than Angy does.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:42 pm Ymir will drown, he isn't beating Zilla and Gezora. I do admit, Red King will probably drown, so yeah, Gaira beat him. But King Caesar was tanking shots from mechagodzilla, and even throwing him around and denting that space metal at some points, he has far more than Angy does.
Yea King Caesar is very durable and powerful.But he also was able to damage mechagodzilla after Godzilla held him down and allowed for King caesar to ram into him enough to damage him.However Anguirus smaller size and more fercious nature will make him be able to fight against Caesar for a long time as well as his sharp tail and carpace;he can hold him off for a long time;long enoughfor Gaira to come in and help defeat him after Zilla and Gezora are delt with by Gaira and minya who might be able to do some damage with his beam
Showa Goji best Godzilla

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

How well can King Caesar move underwater with the water slowing him down? Gaira is aquatic already, so he can move through that easily, as can Gezora, Zilla, and possibly Minilla, Anguirus and Red King will probably have to go up for breath at some point, upon which the Aquatic guys could keep dragging them under to drown them. King Caesar is made of Stone, so he’s not swimming anytime soon like the other guys, so if they all just swim above him, he can’t really do much as he sits at the sea floor trying to provoke them down to him.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

That matters not. Gezora is the second MVP thanks to him possessing Minilla's greatest weakness

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Logan268 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:42 pm That matters not. Gezora is the second MVP thanks to him possessing Minilla's greatest weakness
And Minya possess Gezoras greatest Weakness x10 atomic breath!
Showa Goji best Godzilla