GTTT R4: Gojira41mk11 vs. Coobzilla03

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

GTTT R4: Gojira41mk11 vs. Coobzilla03

Post by Greyshot151 »

Gojira 41mk11
Ganimes
Kamoebas
Skull Crawler (x6)
Kamacuras (Showa)
Gyaos (Juvenile) X6
Baragon (Millennium)
Giant Condor
Moguera (Showa) X2
Jet Jaguar

vs.

Coobzilla03
Baragon (Showa)
Mothra Larva (Showa) X 2
Mothra Imago (Showa)
Gabara
Goliath
King Kong 76
Anguirus (Millennium)

Tag-Team Modifiers:
Gojira41mk:
Swarm Tactics - 3 Gyaos & 3 Skullcrawlers - Double the swarm numbers of your party
Sup-Tier-ior Team - Have 5 Tier 1 Kaiju - Gain a random monster above your opponents highest tier
Subterranean Terrors - Any Skullcrawlers & Any Baragon - Set environment to underground chambers
Wait, don't they come in pairs? - Moguera (Showa) - Duplicate if it is the only Tier 2 monster on your team

Coobzilla03
Infant Island Protectors! - Mothra Larva X2 - Mothra (Showa) - Switch terrain to Infant Island.
Bullies United - Gabara & Goliath - Eliminate the weakest tiered monster

Location Modifier: None All forms of Mothra gain the Shobijin for guidance

Rules: Heisei Scaling

Discussion starts 1/19
Voting starts 1/21. (Make your choice in Bold Text)
Voting ends, end of day, 1/21
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Re: GTTT R4: Gojira41mk11 vs. Coobzilla03

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Coob takes this, Jet jaguar might get Gojira somewhere, but Coob's overall team dwarves Gojira's in firepower and durability.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

I think Gojira Could take this cause he has the Gyaos which could cut through Gabara,Kong and Goliath and severly Injure the Mothras. and with the skull crawlers help they could damage the larvas but the Gyaos and skull crawlers as well as Ganime and Kamoebas get killed. But I see Jet Jaguar and the Mogueras being able to take this with alot of struggle and difficulty
Showa Goji best Godzilla

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Oh shoot, forgot about 6 Gyaos, that makes things complicated.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:37 pm Oh shoot, forgot about 6 Gyaos, that makes things complicated.
supersonic scalpel goes BRRRR
Showa Goji best Godzilla

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Anguirus is a huge, huge help here. Anguirus has shown the ability to launch himself high into the air, giving him the ability to knock the relatively slow Gyaos out of the sky. My monster’s ability to communicate should ensure that the Gyaos can get swept out of the sky fairly quickly. Same deal with the Condor. None of Gojira's monsters are physically strong enough to handle the rolling ankylosaur like Godzilla was able to.If Jet Jaguar tries to catch him, he’s getting knocked down; a much physically stronger (and heavier) Godzilla was stunned and knocked off balance by that move. Otherwise, he’ll practically pinball through the likes of Moguera, some of the Skullcrawlers scampering around, the Kamacuras, Ganimes and Kameobas. Sure, he was knocked out by flying into a mountain. But - he was able to tank Godzilla’s long tail slamming him into Rodan. He’s a tough cookie that no one here can reliably counter.
King Kong is also a tough cookie. He survived falling off of the Empire State Building, though narrowly. At his size, he was able to survive getting shot by dozens of high-caliber weapons simultaneously, far beyond that of what all non-Godzilla-facing Kong’s survived. Scale those bad boys up and they’re a fearsome weapon.
The Empire State Building’s architectural top is 1250 feet. Kong, in that movie, was 55 feet. Scaled up to the Heisei range, we can be generous and say he’s 5 times his normal size, making him just shy of 84 meters tall. Scaling the Empire State Building using the same method, we’re talking a fall of 6,250 feet, or 1905 meters. That’s a looong fall. If he’s scaled up another notch to make him practically 100 meters even, it’s even further. He’s certainly going to take some punishment before he goes down - if he goes down at all. The enemy's lack of killing power ensures he’ll be there to the very end.
Gabara may not be the most competent fighter, but he’s not going down immediately, either. If he gets a hold of someone, which most are sluggish enough for him to be able to, he can do some damage. Goliath will also be able to tee off with his gigantic hands against most of his opponents here. Should his horn come into play, which I honestly doubt it will but who knows, it’ll do some massive collateral. Just something to think about.
Mothra and her larva’s ability to communicate with my team is important as always. This can allow my team to fight to their strengths, including telling Anguirus to take out the Gyaos. It would make most sense for Mothra and her spawn to focus on Jet Jaguar, since he’s far and away the strongest fighter on Gojira’s team. Though he doesn’t have any ranged attacks to hurt Mothra, his flight could possibly let him escape the hurricane winds and webs. However, that would only be a short reprieve because Mothra will be on him again in a hurry. Her winds should be able to knock some of Gojira’s monsters away idly as well. Skullcrawlers being the main victim here.
Overall I think though the numbers aren’t in my favor, which is a huge deal, Anguirus can really carry this squad to victory with his bowling ball attributes. He can get rid of the most dangerous foe, the Gyaos, and run interference all across the battlefield without too much hope of being stopped. Many of Gojira’s monsters lack the means to effectively kill my monsters as well, allowing us to win a war of attrition.
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:40 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:37 pm Oh shoot, forgot about 6 Gyaos, that makes things complicated.
Hey, that's my quote!

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:43 pm
Hey, that's my quote!
And Im Stealing I mean Burrowing it!
Showa Goji best Godzilla

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:46 pm

Hey, that's my quote!
Don't burrow my quotes, I don't need them in the ground!

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:47 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:46 pm

Hey, that's my quote!
Don't burrow my quotes, I don't need them in the ground!
Okay I promise to not do that Wink Wink
Showa Goji best Godzilla

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

Okay, right off the bat '76 Kong is getting mauled by the Gyaos. If machine guns tore him up that badly, I shudder to think what a barrage of Supersonic Scalpels can do. Goliath wont fare much better against it, considering that a flamethrower shattered his horn and knocked him out. It could well leave Imago Mothra severely injured, and I don't imagine Gabara would take it well either. Anguirus being able to launch himself into the air how he does would be helpful, but the Gyaos are far from helpless in that scenario. In the bridge scene a Gyaos last minute dodges a fireball that caught her by surprise... Of course, she proceeds to just hover there and let the second fireball hit her. Maybe that was a power move, who knows. Point is, they can evade the pinball of doom if they just apply themselves. Then hopefully the rest can mob whoever can survive a few Supersonic Scalpels and overwhelm them with sheer numbers. Because quantity over quality has never proven to be a bad choice! But in all seriousness, Jet Jaguar is my best bet after the Gyaos beam spam. Maybe he can kick Anguirus into a wall or an ally or something. That seemed to work before. The Mothra Larva could be a problem, but they work fairly slow, and not to mention while focusing on a relatively stationary target.

TL;DR: Supersonic Scalpel go brrrr → fodder charge → punch punch punch and hope it works out.
:Gigan: Gigan <3 :Gigan:
But Gigan is a villain that prove you support only villain not hero
Wrong. The current MonsterVerse films are “kaka”. At least these classic Showa kaiju films ain’t WOKE!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Despite having only one aerial kaiju, I see Coob barely pulling this one off.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Coobzilla close win really, but I think I have the better overall fighters and the tools to negate the numbers difference
Resized Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Most kaiju in Coobzilla's team is either going to be seriously injured or outright killed by the Gyaos juveniles and their Sonic Cutters. Goliath can fire back, but his horn being damaged is his weakness so its reliability is sketchy here with so much returning fire. Anguirus helps a lot with his rolling attack, but the numbers really works against him especially with strong ones like Jet Jaguar (who can also fly over the attack meaning he can more effectively defend himself). Thu numbers game will work even better against '76 Kong with his slowness, durable or not. My vote goes with Gojira41mk11... :Anguirus: , :Baragon: , & :Mothra61: vs. :JetJaguar:
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

The young Gyaos don't seem to spam their beams as much. Suppose in the stadium. They didn't use their ability to attack the armed forces trying to tranquilize them. They really don't seem to have many feats or combat ability from what I can find which is scarce, but from what I can tell they're not afraid to get up close which isn't the smartest thing to do. What feats do their sonic cutters have? Anything on par with Showa Godzilla's beam? They cut Gamera's hand, but at that point he'd been downed by the military which doesn't lend him to be the most durable thing.

As for Jet Jaguar avoiding Anguirus' rolling ball, I'm not so sure. He only used his flight in combat to escape the ring of fire. He was slow getting off the ground there - granted he was holding Godzilla, but when he was flying around Megalon prior to the fight he looked awfully slow even in miniature form. You'd have to assume he gets ample time to see Anguirus coming with it - granting that Mothra isn't up in his face.

I don't see that the Gyaos have shown the aptitude to be able to carry to team here. They're unintelligent beings that seem just as likely to sit still or fly in harm's way as they are to do what they should by flying around beaming. Jet Jaguar can only do so much being focused by Mothra and her larva.

My remaining kaiju simply outclass the others by a fairly significant margin. What will Kamacuras and Ganimes do of any value? They have no fighting skills or intelligence. They're getting brutalized in short order, even in a 2 on one in most cases. The Skullcrawlers are too small to get much done. The Moguera are not at all durable ether. The Condor will get swatted out of the sky.

The only monsters that have any reasonable killing power for Gojira is Gyaos, and Jet Jaguar. The Gyaos are generally too inept to use it as effectively as they can, and Jet Jaguar should be busy getting webbed up. I can see us losing a couple kaiju to a random Gyaos for sure, but Ganimes, Kameobas, Kamacuras, the Giant Condor, the Mogueras and the Skullcrawlers are too ineffective to do much of anything before being rolled over by Anguirus, having limbs torn off by Kong, shocked by Gabara or perhaps swept up in one of Goliath's explosions.

Another aspect I haven't really thought of: With the Moths ability to spur actual communication between our members, what's to stop Goliath from spamming his beam? He can demonstrate it to his fellows and it can be suggested to him, "Hey, that attack's pretty powerful. Better start using it." It's silly Showa camp, but it's what Godzilla, Rodan and Mothra did to defeat Ghidorah. Just another wrinkle to consider.
Last edited by Coobzilla03 on Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Gojira kicks Coobzilla's ass
Last edited by Logan268 on Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

the Gyaos are too much for Cob

Gojira Takes this
Showa Goji best Godzilla

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

Myself, albeit with only 1 or 2 monsters still standing.
Last edited by Gojira 41mk11 on Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Gigan: Gigan <3 :Gigan:
But Gigan is a villain that prove you support only villain not hero
Wrong. The current MonsterVerse films are “kaka”. At least these classic Showa kaiju films ain’t WOKE!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Changing vote to Gojira, if it's allowed, 6 Gyaos and 6 Skullcrawler AND 2 Showa Moggies are going to be tough on their own to take down.