The K.W.C. "Announced, but no Matches" Combatants Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The K.W.C. "Announced, but no Matches" Combatants Thread

Post by GodzillavsJason »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:36 pm
Spoiler:
Is Shin Mefilas being considered for the KWC? And when exactly will Shin Ultraman be hybridized with Showa Ultraman?
Spoiler:
For the former, we can neither confirm nor deny that. As for the hybridization, it'll be soon-ish.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Alright, I just saw something: https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27186

Is that still going to happen?
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:07 pm Alright, I just saw something: https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27186

Is that still going to happen?
Oh gosh, don't remind me. :lol: I feel like my personal attitude to things have changed drastically over the years, so I'd rather just say disregard that--partly because it no longer fits the headspace that I used to be in.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Oh this, this is where the fun begins~

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Not to sound impatient, but didn't KaijuX say he was going to update this thread today?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:53 pm Not to sound impatient, but didn't KaijuX say he was going to update this thread today?
Give him some time. If not today, you'll probably get that update tomorrow.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:53 pm Not to sound impatient, but didn't KaijuX say he was going to update this thread today?
Deeply apologies for the delay, was just a little out of it today. XD And the deed is done! Now formatted with the associated Forms and Assists respectively!
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
2001 MOTHRA!? :shock:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Man, still no Mefilas. But hey, if GMK Mothra of all of them can make it in, then there is still hope.

Also, who the hell is water dragon?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:39 pm Also, who the hell is water dragon?
Water Dragon is a creature from the same movie as Daimajin, Great Yokai War: Guardian. Admittedly, even the notion of him being an Assist to Daimajin is a bit loose, but he does help Daimajin (and the protagonists) fly around.

You can see him on Daimajin's feet.

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
And likewise, you can see that the "500 meters" mostly consists of the super-long skeletal tail.

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
How closely can Neronga be portrayed to his Showa counterpart? Can he still be an ancient dinosaur like he was in the original show, or does he have to stick with the whole bioweapon shtick?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:46 pm
Spoiler:
How closely can Neronga be portrayed to his Showa counterpart? Can he still be an ancient dinosaur like he was in the original show, or does he have to stick with the whole bioweapon shtick?
Spoiler:
Stick to being a bioweapon.

If you want to have him be in the past or just there without needing to introduce aliens, I’d probably say he’d just been left there in the past.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

anti-xeno
Young Farmer

Post by anti-xeno »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:39 pm Also, who the hell is water dragon?
that's what I'm asking too?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

anti-xeno wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:46 pm
that's what I'm asking too?
Look a couple comments up

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

The page has been properly updated with the appropriate removals and additions! But there is something of note I wish to address:
Spoiler:
Super Taro is eligible, partly thanks to Taro's Ultra Overlapping ability. While I know that Super Taro technically wasn't codified until 1984's Ultraman Story, I figure the merged appearance in Burn On! The Six Ultra Brothers! is more than enough for KWC purposes. While Super Taro is naturally an extension for Taro, we're fine with it being considered something like an umbrella for the Ultra Brothers--so if Super Taro wins, loses, or comes to a tie, it counts to the 6 Ultra Bros.

Admittedly, I don't have the stats for Super Taro quite ready yet. Part of that too is because I'm not sure how I want to present it. Do I just copy-paste all of Taro's powers and just add the additional abilities? Do I do like what I did with Fake Godzilla, where it's just "has Taro's powers too"? I'm down for any input for those who have suggestions.

Pair of kings.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

We are also getting Ace, holy shit.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ULTRA FIGHT

Now I just need to come up with a good way to make Showa Zoffy and Shin Zoffy interact.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Wait—Ultra Brothers?

Is Zoffy getting added too…?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Mon May 29, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

It is a good day for Ultraman.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I think I found the perfect image for Zoffy's profile—albeit with a little cropping in order, but still.
Spoiler: