Godzilla Tokyo Clash Funko Board Game

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Godzilla Tokyo Clash Funko Board Game

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I’m not sure if there’s been a post about this or not, but just want to give a shout out to the Godzilla Tokyo clash board game by Funko. It’s a great deal of fun, with a really high production quality and seems like a great representation of the franchise. I can’t post pictures atm, but if you’re interested I can get some later. The figurines are great, Showa style but still stylised, and quite large (for a board game) and impressive looking, well detailed. The main cast is Godzilla Mothra King Ghidorah and Megalon, each having their own card deck and play style. There’s a decent amount of modularity too, as there are different passive game mechanics to see t from, and different ways the map can be shuffled. The game involves attacking other monsters and destroying buildings, with the intent of getting the most trophies (other player cards awarded in previous attacks). The game has depth but isn’t too confusing and would be great for fans with kids (probably around 9 or 10 is the best but mature 7 or 8 year olds might still get quite a bit of fun out of it), and it’s certainly still fun for older audiences. I can go more in depth of how the game plays, but I think it does a great deal of feeling like your in a city scale monster brawl, where it equally incentivises monster on monster action, and collateral destruction. It’s full of loving call backs to the franchise and is certainly an all around great time. I think it often goes on sale so if you like board games I’d recommend you pick it up.
He Jock it Made of Steel

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla Tokyo Clash Funko Board Game

Post by kaijukurt »

Glad to hear your feedback, I once saw the game in my newsfeed and got curious about it.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

It is a great game. We’ve had it for over a year now and my kids thoroughly enjoy it. I play as a team with my six year old but my eight year old and his friends can play no problem so long as I act as game master of sorts.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Do the game pieces look like tiny Funko figures?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

No they are slightly stylised but not in the deformed chibi way. I can’t post personal pictures but here’s a link to what they look like.

https://techraptor.net/tabletop/reviews ... ash-review
He Jock it Made of Steel

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

Here's the link to all board games with "Godzilla" in the title on Board Game Geek:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.ph ... =boardgame