Ultraman Blazar Thread - Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Ultraman Blazar Thread - Spoilers Ahead

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Figured since we're starting to get copyright reports on the next Ultraman series, which I've heard names from Blazer to Gazer being thrown around, it'd be best to get this underway. No real details yet, not even if its going to be a "New Generation Gaia" or not. Part of me really doesn't want a NGG, if only because I love the original Gaia and don't want to see Agul/Zogu's equivalants watered down like they did with Trigger's antagonists. But I'd love some new U500 releases of Gaia kaiju, so it's a mixed bag for me.

Really hope the name is Ultraman Blazer, however. Always wanted a pot smoking Ultra. ;)
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun May 14, 2023 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Ultraman Blazer (Or Gazer... Dazer... Fazer... Who Knows) - The 2023 Season

Post by Gigantis »

Ultraman Blaze 420-

I'm definitely expecting the three way Trigger/Decker/Gazer (or whatever his name is) to show up, as well as the Ultra himself getting teased at the end of Decker's movie. Wonder if they'll have it set in its own world like Gaia.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Actually hope it's a New Gen Gaia season next year which takes place in the same world as Trigger and Decker, so the trio of TDG is finallyand completely connected. Of course hoping for some more UMS vinyls for Gaia too

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I hope Blazer isn't a Gaia reboot but I honestly wouldn't mind if it is. Although, that might change when I actually watch Gaia for myself.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

You potheads always talking about your ganjas. Maybe he's just gonna have a really fashionable casual suit jacket?

I kinda hope they ditch the Heisei new gen thing and go in a whole new direction. I definitely wouldn't say the series is in a rut, not at all, but it'd be nice for something wholly new again.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:04 am I kinda hope they ditch the Heisei new gen thing and go in a whole new direction. I definitely wouldn't say the series is in a rut, not at all, but it'd be nice for something wholly new again.
As long as this is just a temporary phase Tsupro is in, all's well.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I ADORE that Color Timer.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:27 pm I ADORE that Color Timer.
Yeah, I dig it too. And I'm VERY glad this doesn't seem to be a New Gen Gaia. I wonder what the gimmick will be, though. I know they're used to all hell, but the best New Gen. shows have been fusions of past Ultras with the new one.

Quote of the Year:

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

I hope they use different kaiju like Mukadender,Crescent,Lunaticks,Giras brothers,Kingsaurus III,Kiyla and Geronimon and mechagiras
Showa Goji best Godzilla

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Is Taguchi the showrunner for this one?

This teaser seems to suggest something a bit more serious, a bit stylistically different... I'm intrigued!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Okay maybe THIS host will have 'HUG HUG' for their catphrase.
"It's Blazin' time!"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If even this new dude isn't a full on "New Gen Gaia," I wouldn't be surprised if Gaia still appears to celebrate his 25th anniversary. Ultraseven's appearance in the Orb film comes to mind since that was his 50th.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:16 pm If even this new dude isn't a full on "New Gen Gaia," I wouldn't be surprised if Gaia still appears to celebrate his 25th anniversary. Ultraseven's appearance in the Orb film comes to mind since that was his 50th.
I'd love to see this series get a few Ultra guest appearances, sort of like X and Z did. Bring back Gaia/Agul and their hosts to celebrate their series, pop in someone like Geed or Orb, and maybe throw Hayata/Ultraman in an episode. I'd love to see the Showa actors return.

Quote of the Year:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:33 am
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:16 pm If even this new dude isn't a full on "New Gen Gaia," I wouldn't be surprised if Gaia still appears to celebrate his 25th anniversary. Ultraseven's appearance in the Orb film comes to mind since that was his 50th.
I'd love to see this series get a few Ultra guest appearances, sort of like X and Z did. Bring back Gaia/Agul and their hosts to celebrate their series, pop in someone like Geed or Orb, and maybe throw Hayata/Ultraman in an episode. I'd love to see the Showa actors return.
That'd be awesome, yeah I do like like how Z & X handled the guest appearances. Those shows used that kind of gravitas I find handled with care, it's nice. Oh ditto on the Showa actors returning, I'd be singing praise nonstop if Saburo Shinoda somehow, magically returned as Kotaro.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

What's the actual title of this series? Is it Ultraman Blazer?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Getting a really good feeling about this series. I'm loving this design. I also can't help but wonder if this is a fusion of past Ultras. Getting a sort of Tiga/Ginga-based vibe from it.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is it possible that they wanted to make Blazer the next gen Gaia, but noticed the mixed-negative response to Trigger and Decker?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Not 100% sure it's real yet. But that not Kiryu be looking good. Noisler finally getting some more love and a figure, along with a random Leo kaiju. Kinda bummed this means we're surely not getting a Gaia-themed wave of toys like we did Tiga and Dyna, though. Was hoping that'd be a yearly rotation with anniversaries.

Quote of the Year:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

That's fake. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's just an edited version of the Taiga toy catalogue. Bandai don't do things like this anymore. And that's literally Kiryu concept art in the top right corner.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.