Godzilla (Monsterverse) vs Mega Shark

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Godzilla (Monsterverse) vs Mega Shark

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Godzilla (Monsterverse)

VS.

Mega Shark

Arena: Pacific Ocean

Rules:
- GvK Godzilla
- Feats from all four films allowed for Mega Shark
- No retreat

Verdict: Actually leaning Mega Shark here. Sending battleships flying for miles is absurdly strong, and even more impressive is surviving getting thrown into orbit and landing, then being able to keep fighting without much issue, plus the fact that it was able to fight Kolossus who; well, is strong enough to throw them into space, lol.

Atomic Ray would probably kill Mega Shark, due to heat resistance not being Mega Shark’s strong suit, but Mega Shark is just so fast and strong that I don’t know if Godzilla could properly land it.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Godzilla (Monsterverse) vs Mega Shark

Post by Gigantis »

Didn't the third movie have the Mega Shark slap a battleship so hard it sent it from Australia all the way to Egypt? And surviving a fall from space is no joke, because the fall should logically break all the bones.. well, cartilage in this case, in the body, even by the standards of a giant god-damn shark.

I'm not really too sure if Godzilla's powerful enough to land a hit beyond the atomic ray, but even getting that will be pretty tough considering he'll constantly be fighting in the water, which is even more Mega Shark's element than his own.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:03 am Didn't the third movie have the Mega Shark slap a battleship so hard it sent it from Australia all the way to Egypt?
It was a small fishing boat, from the Port of Alexandria to the Sphinx. Which is 181 kilometers.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Yep, barring the atomic breath Mega Shark knocks Godzilla out of the park in almost all other aspects, including strength, speed, and arguably physical durability too. Godzilla could score a win with his breath but otherwise the absurdity of Mega Shark wins out here.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I mean, Mega Shark already has MV Godzilla beat in the category of falling from space and surviving. Mega Shark shrugged it off, while Godzilla was heavily injured.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

After looking at some Megashark footage, I'm with a Megashark win. Godzilla is tough and has atomic breath, but that shark is fast, strong, and can handle a lot of punishment. Since this is in the ocean, Megashark has a possible home field advantage. Unless Godzilla nails the shark with a direct atomic blast, the shark will bite and tear Godzilla up.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.