Ultraman New Generation Stars

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

A new TV series Ultraman New Generation Stars has been announced! The series will begin broadcasting on the TV Tokyo (TXN Network) every Saturday at 9 AM (JST) starting on January 28th 2023.

In 2009, Ultraman Zero suddenly entered the timeline of the Ultraman Series as the strong, young warrior and the son of Ultraseven. Building on Zero’s enormous success, the TV series Ultraman Ginga began broadcasting in 2013. Since then, every year has seen a new TV series featuring new Ultra Heroes. Including the latest 2022 series Ultraman Decker, the “New Generation Ultraman” heroes span 10 titles, and their legacy is engraved both in the hearts of fans and the long continuing history of the Ultraman Series.

The new series Ultraman New Generation Stars will start once Ultraman Decker concludes its final broadcast on January 21st (Saturday). Fans can expect to see the new series bring the history of the New Generation Heroes into a new dimension.

Series Overview
Broadcast Channels: TV Tokyo (TXN Network 6 Stations)
Premiere Date: Saturday, January 23, 2023
Broadcast Time: Every Saturday 9:00-9:30 AM (JST)
Production Company: Tsuburaya Productions
Official Website: https://ani.tv/ungs/ (Japanese only)

Synopsis
Evil closes in on Nebula M78 the Land of Light! An attack by a mysterious entity erases the memories of the “New Generation Ultraman” heroes. While the long-established bond between Ultra Heroes is challenged, the Land of Light receives a message sent from the future, entrusting them with a new device: the Dimensionizer. To regain their lost Star Chronicles, once more the New Generation Ultras come together to rise again!

Trailer

Key Item: Dimensionizer
An item of Light sent to Zero with a message.
By scanning an Ultra Dimension Card while waking up memories strongly about a hero, it can replay the memories of that Ultra remembered in the future.

Opening Song
Title: “STARS” 
(Lyrics by: TAKERU/Chiaki Seshimo; Composed and Arranged by: Takao Konishi)
Artist: NEW GENERATION STARS with voyager
(Official Twitter: @voyager_CT)

“voyager” is a vocal unit that debuted in 2009, the same year as Ultraman Zero. The following year they earned popularity with the opening song for Zero’s movie “Susume! Ultraman Zero” and have written several hero songs primarily for New Generation Ultraman series. They have remained faithful to the New Generation, growing to be “Stars” comparable to the Ultraman they represent. For this new title, voyager delivers a fun-filled anthem dedicated to the history of the New Generation.

Added in 1 minute 57 seconds:
So a Chronicles series not named one with the slight chance there will be some kind of new story ?
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Ultraman New Generation Stars

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Wait, an actual show!? Not just a clip show/highlight for each one?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Interesting, I was expecting a Chronicle Gaia or something. This looks cool though, I enjoy these recaps. It does look like a new story, but I wouldn't be surprised if half of it involves Zero telling the New Gen guys stories about their adventures which segways into the recaps we know. Honestly I can't wait for that Voyager album, their songs have really grown on me.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

A clip show by any other name...

I think they just have to keep making them more and more elaborate, because while in native Japan, kids might still tune in, I think most of the rest of the world tunes out when these recap shows arrive. I pay zero attention to them, and was really puzzled as to why MC released the Zero Chronicle show on Blu Ray (maybe it was an all or nothing deal ?) If that was the case though TPC could have offered them several other clip shows as well, but didn't. Hopefully if MC does get a new deal with TPC for physical media, most (if not all) of these will be left out so we can get the actual series and movies we are missing.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Actually, wasn't Ginga originally intended as a sequel to Gaia? Not saying they're gonna do some connection now (wouldn't make sense) but it is interesting to see a clip show celebrating ten years of main New Gen right before the supposed "New Generation Gaia" show we're expecting.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

If this winds up just being a really big clip show I'm going to be very upset

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I expect a little more original content leading to New Gen Gaia (Gainer being my name guess) or the next UGF.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I'm betting on the New Gen Gaia being named Ultraman Geo or Geos.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

From my understanding, some "leaked" sources are pointing towards the New Gen Gaia being named
Spoiler:
Ultraman Gazer.
Gotta keep the "er" trend of Trigger & Decker.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:58 am From my understanding, some "leaked" sources are pointing towards the New Gen Gaia being named
Spoiler:
Ultraman Gazer.
Curious to how that would be pronounced. I'm rather surprised its not "Ultraman Getter" if true. I also wonder if it'll be in the same continuity of Trigger/Decker, or if it'll follow Gaia's method of setting up its own world. I'm not getting too excited for New Gen Gaia, mainly because I'm sure they're going to turn Zogu/Agul's equivalants into series-long antagonists, or at at least Zogu for sure.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:23 pm
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:58 am From my understanding, some "leaked" sources are pointing towards the New Gen Gaia being named
Spoiler:
Ultraman Gazer.
Curious to how that would be pronounced.
Spoiler:
It kinda sounds to me like how you'd pronounce "geyser", if you gave the s more of a z sound.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:23 pm
Spoiler:
Ultraman Gazer.
Curious to how that would be pronounced. I'm rather surprised its not "Ultraman Getter" if true. I also wonder if it'll be in the same continuity of Trigger/Decker, or if it'll follow Gaia's method of setting up its own world. I'm not getting too excited for New Gen Gaia, mainly because I'm sure they're going to turn Zogu/Agul's equivalants into series-long antagonists, or at at least Zogu for sure.
I hope it follows Gaia's methods of being its own universe since Gaia & Agul are from the Earth itself, but I am definitely not expecting the level of production and scale of the original Gaia show. Agreed about the concern for Zogu/Agul being series-long antagonists, I really hope they don't do that because Terraphaser lost its spark for me since Decker has battled it like ten times already. The original Deathfacer was the first Ultraman related figure I ever owned, so it holds a special place in my heart, however they should've limited Decker vs Terraphaser to maybe three battles at most.

I'm very curious as to how they're going to do Zogu's second form....

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I heard the show was
Spoiler:
Ultraman Blazer. Which hey we got Decker Flash *HEH* So now I want uh Lite Blazer! *Heh*

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:10 pm I heard the show was
Spoiler:
Ultraman Blazer. Which hey we got Decker Flash *HEH* So now I want uh Lite Blazer! *Heh*
Do you have a source?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Where else for reputable!? TWITTER!
Spoiler:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlAjAgXXEAA ... name=small
I actually a number of these y'know if these isn't all nonsense. Language barrier and middle management host. We'll see. I do like Gazer or Blazer as a name.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^What does
Spoiler:
Gazer
supposed to mean?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I dunno
Spoiler:
like Star Gazer?
What does Trigger mean? Trigger me with Kengo's 'smile smilex? Took me too long to get Decker and card motive.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

daveblackeye15 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:41 pm I dunno
Spoiler:
like Star Gazer?
What does Trigger mean? Trigger me with Kengo's 'smile smilex? Took me too long to get Decker and card motive.
So
Spoiler:
Gazer would be a telescope gimmick?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Saturndusk wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:07 am
daveblackeye15 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:41 pm I dunno
Spoiler:
like Star Gazer?
So
Spoiler:
Gazer would be a telescope gimmick?
Hm maybe a star/galaxy motive?
Spoiler:
Gazer, so we got cold planet motive then hot planet motive? Could be fun. We'd make Sailor Moon jokes.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

That theme is…not good.