Would you like Kong to have Martial arts Training?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

I know my idea is cheesy but it's not that unrealistic.

We have established that Kong knows ASL with Jia. That means humanity can communicate with him. You can have a plot point be Jia tells Kong to watch and imitate a soldier trainer.

Drunken monkey Idea I had.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Re: Would you like Kong to have Martial arts Training?

Post by GojiSquid »

Let Kong pull an RKO on the next big bad, or I riot.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Would there be a dojo that he goes to? Is there a colored belt system? Is there protective gear designed for giant apes?

Too many questions need to be answers here.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Some things I would rather see happen in the MonsterVerse than this:
- Gabara being the big bad of Godzilla & Kong.
- Captain Gordon becoming a MV character, played by Chris Pratt.
- Bryan Cranston's character being resurrected as an evil cyborg named HeisenBorg.
- A scene where Megan Thee Stallion teaches Mothra how to twerk.
- The next sequel being titled 2 Kong 2 Godzillious.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

You're not far off on this one. The same people who think it's unfathomable also thought Kong knowing sign language was far off even when there was an actual gorilla that knew it in real life lol. Same kind of people thought Kong with an axe would destroy the character :lol:.

Kong learning some moves from soldiers living on-base in the Hollow Earth, would not only be possible, but it'd be likely. People think martial arts are karate kicks, odd sounds, and chops, but one look at the UFC or any real martial arts event would show that the brutality involved with some forms, specifically those used by government militaries, are no joke.

Kong pulling a rear naked choke on his next opponent, making them go braindead would be crazy in the best way possible. Let alone a few elbows to the spine, some rib shots, followed by an uppercut? A slide tackle leading into an arm bar? These are things Kong could absolutely do, and it would continue to humanize him for general audiences. So I'm not seeing any problems with this line of thinking.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:13 pm You're not far off on this one. The same people who think it's unfathomable also thought Kong knowing sign language was far off even when there was an actual gorilla that knew it in real life lol. Same kind of people thought Kong with an axe would destroy the character :lol:.

Kong learning some moves from soldiers living on-base in the Hollow Earth, would not only be possible, but it'd be likely. People think martial arts are karate kicks, odd sounds, and chops, but one look at the UFC or any real martial arts event would show that the brutality involved with some forms, specifically those used by government militaries, are no joke.

Kong pulling a rear naked choke on his next opponent, making them go braindead would be crazy in the best way possible. Let alone a few elbows to the spine, some rib shots, followed by an uppercut? A slide tackle leading into an arm bar? These are things Kong could absolutely do, and it would continue to humanize him for general audiences. So I'm not seeing any problems with this line of thinking.
I was half joking, but you make a good point. And it actually opens up some good story telling potential.

Now I'm not saying Kong goes on some ancient temple Kung fu Panda style plotline quest, but you could definitely have Jia help him learn a few things. The main Soldier character could teach him how to make and shoot a bow and arrows to help him with hunting. He could also teach him how to make a homemade stone knife and knife fight. Teaching Kong to jab and weave like a boxer is also plausible.

Keep in mind Godzilla has nuclear powers, aquatic nature, dorsal plates, and dinosaur tooth and claw fightingthat any writer can always expand. Kong has agility, acrobatics, asl, and tool making at the moment, so his combat and weapon making needs to evolve for him as a character. The fact he can communicate with humanity means his learning intelligence potential is near limitless.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

How bout Kong with giant Evangelion style machine guns.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

muto allied using a steel chair on whatever underground great enemy or riot.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Forget training, I say we go full Showa. Kong pulls up in the next movie and he's boxing and throwing Muay Thai kicks and Judo flipping enemies just fucking because. No explanation needed. We're just going with it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:53 am Forget training, I say we go full Showa. Kong pulls up in the next movie and he's boxing and throwing Muay Thai kicks and Judo flipping enemies just fucking because. No explanation needed. We're just going with it.
MV Kong already throws Superman punches and Mike Tyson haymakers LOL, judo flips and
elbows to the eye sockets are next
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ya'll seen those official Titan Tech Monsterverse figures...? Go look them up. King Kong has sunglasses and rockets, and Godzilla gets all these atomic missiles :lol: Sure, let King Kong become a martial artists with his new theme named "Enter the Kong".

King Kong: Godzilla: Gives me Trendmasters vibes from the cancelled Doom Island battle armor line.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

god damn he looks cool on shsades

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Kong already has the speed and agility of a martial artist. He'd need a little training to hit and kick like one, but it would make him a better fighter.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Kong has proven to have high intellect, even understands sign language, and proves he can use weapons. Some martial arts would be a fun way to spice up what he can do and be a natural evolution.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Kong should legit use a brainbuster on whatever monster he fights next movie.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Some form of an unbreakable spear and knowing how to use it is what Kong really needs.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'd settle for Kong performing a chokeslam on something. No joke.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:11 am I'd settle for Kong performing a chokeslam on something. No joke.
Unironically would vibe with this lmao. In general it would be cool to see Kong incorporate a tad more edge and aggressiveness to his fighting style and attacks now that he is living in an environment that would require him to do so again.

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Absolutely! He should also build his Kong Cave in the Hollow Earth and he should have a Kong Mobile and a sidekick called Robin. And he also needs a selfmade armor with a cape.

Seriously: What we have seen in the final fight between Kong and Mechagodzilla was way too much Martial Arts Style anyway with all the spin kicks and acrobatics.
Last edited by Gailah 1966 on Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Better yet, have him be a wrestler and pull an F-5 on someone. He's mighty enough to do it.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.