65, from the Creators of A Quiet Place

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

65, from the Creators of A Quiet Place

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

A bunch of rumors have been swirling about this film featuring dinosaurs or dinosaur-like creatures. Guess we'll find out tomorrow when the trailer drops. Film stars Adam Driver as a lone astronaut that crashes on a mysterious planet only to find out he's not the only life up there. We don't know for sure but it appears to be a monster movie of some sort. From executive producer Sam Raimi and the big screen directorial debut of A Quiet Place screenwriters Scott Beck and Bryan Woods.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: 65, from the Creators of A Quiet Place

Well I guess this answers the question.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

First of all: I've been saying for ages we need more dinosaur movies that aren't Jurassic sequels!

Second: just more proof that old fashioned monster movies are back in a big way.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It'd be nice if the dinosaurs were a bit more accurate, but at this point I'll take any new dinosaur movie. They're so rare these days. It's a modern blockbuster so I'll keep my expectations down in the mud where they belong, but Sam Raimi and the A Quiet Place writers bring some credibility to the project. I'm cautiously optimistic!
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Looks like a modernized version of 1977’s Planet of Dinosaurs. Also, going off of Jag’s post, do people just not find accurate dinosaurs threatening?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:15 am Also, going off of Jag’s post, do people just not find accurate dinosaurs threatening?
Most people I see online say that feathered dinosaurs wouldn't really be all that intimidating on screen so.. I guess not?

This looks really good though, I must say! Nice to see dino flicks still running across Hollywood now and again.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^People can still be afraid of lions, tigers and bears despite being all fluffy.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's just going to take time for feathers to embed themselves in the cultural zeitgeist. Dominion's Pyroraptor was a big step forward, and that's how this is going to go. Step by step. There are about 200 years of familiarity to overcome.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:47 am ^People can still be afraid of lions, tigers and bears despite being all fluffy.
That’s because those three animals are still dangers to millions across the world.
For Emperor and Empire!

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Anything with sharp claws and teeth will look terrifying when its charge you, or pouncing on you from behind. An ostrich and a cassowary has feathers and zero sharp teeth and is still pretty scary when charging you.

Also, its a misconception going on about dinosaurs and feathers. Dinosaurs are diverse creatures. A lot had feathers, and a lot didn't. Tyrannosaurus most likely didn't have any, based on a lot of recent research. But Yutyrannus from Mongolia, also a large Tyrannosaur did have feathers. Try ignoring online pundits when it comes to dinosaurs and listen to the experts.

More importantly, these are animals, not mindless killing monsters.
Last edited by StardustGenius on Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:22 am It's just going to take time for feathers to embed themselves in the cultural zeitgeist. Dominion's Pyroraptor was a big step forward, and that's how this is going to go. Step by step. There are about 200 years of familiarity to overcome.
All it took for active dinosaurs to become mainstream was one film, Jurassic Park. Why can't it be the same for bird-like ones?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Raptors being related to Birds of Prey should be reason enough for people to respect their true forms lol. Eagles are literally ALL feathers, and if i saw one swooping down onto me I'd probably shit myself and have a heart attack simultaneously.

This movie looks sick, like something out of a video game. I wonder what the big plot twist will be, since the entire plot is essentially man getting stuck in the past.

Added in 3 minutes 17 seconds:
Imagine someone who laughs at the thought of feathered prehistoric animals running into a Haast's Eagle :lol:
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

^ Or one of the terror birds. Feathered and scary.

The trailer also made me think of Planet of Dinosaurs. It looks interesting.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

It didn't make me think of Planet of Dinosaurs. It literally is Planet of Dinosaurs.

Minus the delicious low tech synth and most importantly stop motion effects. So basically all of the charm.

It's still a movie I would watch though.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:25 pm Raptors being related to Birds of Prey should be reason enough for people to respect their true forms lol. Eagles are literally ALL feathers, and if i saw one swooping down onto me I'd probably shit myself and have a heart attack simultaneously.

This movie looks sick, like something out of a video game. I wonder what the big plot twist will be, since the entire plot is essentially man getting stuck in the past.

Added in 3 minutes 17 seconds:
Imagine someone who laughs at the thought of feathered prehistoric animals running into a Haast's Eagle :lol:
Yeah, especially since Haast's eagle is the largest bird of prey known to man at this time. It was definitely large enough to be the major predator, other than humans, of the two species of giant moa (the North Island giant moa and the South Island giant moa, respectively).

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Looks decent. My only concern is I hope there's at least a body count and more characters than just Adam Driver and the young girl (at least early on). I want some dino-carnage!

Added in 28 seconds:
Angilasman wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:27 am First of all: I've been saying for ages we need more dinosaur movies that aren't Jurassic sequels!

Second: just more proof that old fashioned monster movies are back in a big way.
I whole-heartedly agree with both statements.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

I'm hoping the Tyrannosaurs and raptors (whose inaccuracies I'm willing to forgive) aren't the only species, and that we also get some Triceratops or Ankylosaurus action. Dinosaur movies really need to start having aggressive killer herbivores again.
Last edited by Leviarex on Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Leviarex wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:28 pm I'm hoping the Tyrannosaurs and raptors (whose inaccuracies I'm willing to forgive) aren't the only species, and that we also get some Triceratops or Ankylosaurus action. Dinosaur movies really need to start having aggressive killer herbivores again.
Funny enough, those exact species were said to be appearing in this movie back before it went into development hell. No clue if they're still gonna show, though.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

So are they humans who accidently traveled to the past or are they ancient human-like aliens that get stranded on Earth in prehistoric times? The trailer seems to give support to both theories.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

My most anticipated movie of next year, along with The Meg 2! I love movies that have ancient alien stuff! Looks like a great mix of sci fi and action.