Upcoming Projects You’re Excited for Most

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

You have three (3) options

30th Godzilla film
33%
GvK sequel
28%
Skull Island
1%
Apple TV+ series
15%
GAMERA -Rebirth-
22%

Total votes: 67

Dv-218
Futurian

Re: Upcoming Projects You’re Excited for Most

Post by Dv-218 »

shadowgigan wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:33 pm
Dv-218 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:02 pm
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:25 am Put me down for G30. One of my (many, many) ideas for a Godzilla film over the years was a post-war movie that had Godzilla first turning up in the immediate aftermath of WWII. Sounds like that's exactly what they're doing and I'm excited for it. I hope that it's "Shin-esq" but not a direct prequel or anything.
Honestly the setting alone got me hooked up. Interesting and potentially thought provoking timeframe to set a Godzilla film in, esp with how directly it ties to WWII and the subsequent bombings as a crux. Can’t wait to see how they utilize it.
I think it could make for some very interesting/beautiful set design as well.
Indeed. I’m fully on board with them going hard on the period piece thing, such a fitting angle to aim for the roots of the franchise.