A Reiwa Destroy All Monsters/Final Wars - Who and How?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: A Reiwa Destroy All Monsters/Final Wars - Who and How?

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

StardustGenius wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:50 am I dunno what soon is, but I think any kind of mega monster crossover battle happening, would probably first be done at a Godzilla Fest short. I would not be surprised if the next few years has new kaiju suits being crowd funded for the annual shorts, assuming its something they will keep doing.
This I would be wholeheartedly down for.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

StardustGenius wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:00 pm Personally, I'd like to see Kazuhiro Nakagawa do something. His work on the megazord battles in recent sentai, Gigan Attacks, and Ultraman make me think they would do amazing things with a big budget.
Big agree from me here, Nakagawa is the man. Let him have his crew and more of the boys from TsuPro and we'll get some really dynamic fights.

But I do see where Legion is coming from, now really isn't the time to do a a film in the vein of DAM. However, unless we actually get to see an anime Godzilla go ham with a bunch of kaiju all at once, I don't see Toho spending a lot of dough to create a dozen new suits for a live action film. But I would not be surprised if in the next couple years they build a new Godzilla suit to crossover with Ultraman and like, have Godzilla battle a bunch of Ultra kaiju for the hell of it.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

....we're never going to see suits again from Toho outside of shorts.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Aye, very sad. Right now though, I think everyone is completely missing the point of this thread. This wasn't a suggestion that Toho should go this route right now, it was a thought excersize on how such a movie would be possible, or what direction it would take. Right now, we have no idea what this era of Godzilla will look like. Reiwa era seems to be much closer to Millennium in spirit. As in, how the Millennium movies were intended to be an anthology, this really takes the concept to the next level.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I mean I said they could do it through an anime format. Don't see how that was missing the point :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Also would like Bagan Vs Everyone

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I would like to see monsters that missed the cut last time. Like Biollante, Orga, Desotroyah, Megaguirus, and Mechagodzilla. Also, more group monster fights bigger than 2v2 and 3v1. How about a 2v1v1v1v2?
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:16 pm I would like to see monsters that missed the cut last time. Like Biollante, Orga, Desotroyah, Megaguirus, and Mechagodzilla. Also, more group monster fights bigger than 2v2 and 3v1. How about a 2v1v1v1v2?
This. Show us the one and done-ers coming back, give some monster clash variety.

Also! It would be nice if Shiro Sagisu got to make some tracks for such a movie. If we wanna up the dramatics and gravity of the fights, he would be a perfect choice.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Bring back the Giant Condor....immediately. No debate, end of discussion....just do it TOHO :kingkong1962:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

A giant version of the Hellhawk?
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Maybe have Dogora appear or something, he's big, so he could be the one that gets abused to death.