Cosmic Calamity Round Nine: JAGzilla vs Armor Mothra

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Cosmic Calamity Round Nine: JAGzilla vs Armor Mothra

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

JAGzilla
SpaceGodzilla
Gamera (Heisei, G3)
Shin Godzilla
Kiryu (2002)
Godzilla (GMK)
Megalon
Kumonga (Showa)
Gigan (Showa)
Leatherback
Otachi
King Cobra
Jet Jaguar (Showa)
Barugon
Rodan (Showa)
Dessy Aggregates

Items: EMP, EMP protection, Rick Roll

vs

Armor Mothra

Arena: Tokyo (G3)

Rules:
Same rules for JAG's team
Heisei scaling

JAG, will you use your Dessy aggregates?
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nagoda
Futurian

Re: Cosmic Calamity Round Nine: JAGzilla vs Armor Mothra

Post by Nagoda »

What did you do to deserve this?
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

JAG’s gonna get violated.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Spacegodzilla is going to only crystal now.
_______

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

RIP Jagzilla, Armor Mothra curbstomped Grand King Ghidorah and not even Shin Godzilla's light show is gonna bail you out this time.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yes, I'll use the Aggregates.

He's one bug. Right? One stiff Heisei bug with zero melee ability. GKG fought him on his own terms, with beams that bounce off his armor, but we don't have to play that way. We're going to be up in his face. Gigan, Megalon, Gamera, Rodan, Jet Jaguar. They're going to be all over him. They'll knock him out of the air, and then it's DAM all over again. He might be able to get off a few beams and do a little damage, but mostly he's helpless on the ground. He'll have like seventeen guys piled on him, kicking, stomping, punching, clawing, sawing, stabbing. We have acid and micro oxygen to eat through his armor. We have webbing and glue and ice to hold him still if he tries to get away. Worst case scenario, we have not one, but two of the most apocalyptic beam weapons in the genre (Mana Beam and AZC) to nail him with if he does get loose.

We have this. It's a totally different scenario than what Armor Mothra faced in his movie.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

If they can catch Armour Mothra. That bugger is extremely fast and has an OHKO move that would pretty much annihilate anyone on JAG’s team.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Voyager wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:16 am If they can catch Armour Mothra. That bugger is extremely fast and has an OHKO move that would pretty much annihilate anyone on JAG’s team.
Then it's a good thing we have telekinesis. Heh heh heh. I almost forgot about that, myself. All the mobility in the world won't help him if he's being immobilized and dragged to the ground by Spacegodzilla's mind. Transcend that fate, bitch. :twisted:

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Are they really going to be able to knock him out of the air? He crashed into GKG and walked it off, and even the weaker Base form was not knocked out of the air by ramming into Desghidorah or Dagahra. It's gonna take a lot more force to take him out, and the only one I see having enough force to knock Armored Mothra out of the sky might be Gamera, and that's because he has a few extra things going for him such as exhaust vents and spinning like a fricking UFO. The fires aren't going to do much, nor does Otachi's acid have the range to hit Armor Mothra if he keeps his distance and beamspams which he probably would. The best bet may be to entangle his wings with webbing. Not a surefire win, but a match JAG does have wincons for even if slight.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

All Armor Mothra has to do at the start is use Transcending Fate on SpaceGodzilla/anyone that's in the path of such an attack and crystalize them. Not even webbing can stop a moth that flies at Mach 15 speeds.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Then it's time to play everyone's favorite card: He doesn't open with that. Armor Mothra squared off against GKG and fought a normal fight with beams and wing slashes before breaking out Transcending Fate. One on one, that would still make him terrifying. He was picking GKG apart even before using the finisher. One on eighteen? Not even Armor Mothra can afford to fuck around playing games against those odds.

He's likely to go after Spacegodzilla first, SG being the big threat and an evil, unnatural, alien abomination. And that's ideal. SG won't be one-shotted, and once he finds his standard weapons useless, he has the telekinesis to fall back on. He pins the moth in place, the rest of my team brings the pain.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

We know Armor Mothra is one durable bastard, but how durable until he starts actually getting hurt is sadly unknown. We never see him get hurt, so we don’t have a clue just how much punishment it will require to bring him down.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Armor Mothra has beams to spar and he does stay in the air. Nothing GKG did was affecting Armor Mothra whatsoever, If SpaceGodzilla stuck with using the Gravity Tornado (Which he only used once and never again) and momentarily ground Armor Mothra then yes you have a chance at doing SOME damage. Not a lot because as soon as the Gravity Tornado stops, Armor Mothra's just gonna take flight again and then use his wing slashes and beams to pick your squad apart. The Wing slashes will fuck up everyone including SpaceGodzilla since the Wing Slash hell even the beams are powerful enough to destroy his shoulder crystals and the Transcending Fate is just gonna be used on whoever is left.

However, Shin Godzilla could be who Armor Mothra guns for first considering how Shin starts off with his Radiation heat Ray barrage which will hit AM but even that isn't gonna be enough. So really the only one on your team that stands a chance against Armor Mothra is SpaceGodzilla but he doesn't open with the Gravity Tornado and instead will just spam the Corona Beam since we do have to take into account how the monsters actually fight on screen. Plus out of everyone on your team, SpaceGodzilla is the most durable so he'll live the longest. Gamera is a close second but he got shot out of the air multiple times so this will be no different. The way I see this battle play out is everyone firing EVERYTHING they got at Armor Mothra who tanks the entire assault and unloads with beams in response. The real battle is SpaceGodzilla vs Armor Mothra with everyone else doing chip damage to wear AM down until Gamera can use the Mana Beam or Kiryu (If even still standing by then) can use the Absolute Zero Cannon and hope that either one of those one-hit KO moves obliterates Armor Mothra AKA my theory as to how my battle with Cam could have gone back in The (Second) Voyager Cup. Casualties will be heavy of course and the only ones that are melee oriented on your side are Gamera, Kiryu, GMKGoji (To some extent), Gigan, Megalon, Leatherback, Jet Jaguar, and Rodan, the latter to some extent.

So based on that, Gigan, Megalon, and JJ go over to beat down Armor Mothra while he is down but as soon as AM gets lifted off the ground so that Gigan smacks him towards the air, it's not gonna be like Jet Jaguar just falling back down when he got smacked nor will a napalm bomb from Megalon send AM back down. The best case scenario for you is my theory of your team distracting/holding off Armor Mothra long enough for Gamera to use the Mana Beam/Kiryu to use the Absolute Zero Cannon and hope that it hits Armor Mothra and takes him out which I believe can. However, as KK and Shin already mentioned respectively: A. it's going to take a lot more force to take him out and B. We never see Armor Mothra get hurt. Armor Mothra is just THAT powerful to the point that the chances of him coming out on top are far higher than the chances of him losing.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:51 am We know Armor Mothra is one durable bastard, but how durable until he starts actually getting hurt is sadly unknown. We never see him get hurt, so we don’t have a clue just how much punishment it will require to bring him down.
This is a good point, and one that kind of nullifies the match. We're in pure speculation territory here, with no way to know how or even if this boss can be damaged. I'd like to assume that eighteen fighters would probably find a way to make it happen, but there's no way to know.

A boss shouldn't be in the tournament if we don't know how to hurt it. Even Leugocyte was eventually killed by something and therefore gives us info to go off of.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:04 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:51 am We know Armor Mothra is one durable bastard, but how durable until he starts actually getting hurt is sadly unknown. We never see him get hurt, so we don’t have a clue just how much punishment it will require to bring him down.
This is a good point, and one that kind of nullifies the match. We're in pure speculation territory here, with no way to know how or even if this boss can be damaged. I'd like to assume that eighteen fighters would probably find a way to make it happen, but there's no way to know.

A boss shouldn't be in the tournament if we don't know how to hurt it. Even Leugocyte was eventually killed by something and therefore gives us info to go off of.
Even Godzilla Earth had exploitable weaknesses (and in my opinion, questionable durability in of itself), but Armor Mothra never had that on screen.

Normally I’d say a dogpile maneuver would work, but as far as the source material he comes from is concerned, he may or may not treat that the way Superman would treat getting hanged up on by a bunch of lowly thugs.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Well he is only armored on the front and his wings. The rest of his body stays the same when he sheds the armor and becomes Eternal Mothra.
_______

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

There's no Eternal Mothra though, this is exclusively Armor Mothra.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I know that, just pointing out that there are unarmored portions of Armor Mothra he can try to target from the back.
_______

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Armor Mothra really should be disqualified , but if not, I can probably dogpile him.

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Jag hands Armor Mothra a rare L.
Last edited by Logan268 on Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.