The 2023 Collectors Wishlist!

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

The 2023 Collectors Wishlist!

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Another year coming to a close soon, and the announcements of 2023 begin! What do you semi-realistically hope gets announced in the following year?

Myself:

SHMA Jet Jaguar
SHMA Megalon
SHMA Godzilla 1985
SHFA Ultraman Gaia
Super7 Ultimate HB Godzilla
Super7 Ultimate Super Godzilla
Super7 Ultimate Bagan
HIYA King Ghidorah 2019
HIYA MechaGodzilla 2021
HIYA MUTOs
HIYA Behemoth
HIYA Skull Crawler
HIYA War Bat
Bandai MMS Bagan (Gojiban or otherwise)
Bandai MMS RoE Sachiel
Bandai MMS RoE Zeruel
Bandai MMS Hyper Gyaos
Mondo Destoroyah
Mezco Godzilla '54 set (Godzilla '54, Oxygen Destroyer, Dr. Serizawa and Godzilla's Skeleton)
Mezco Godzilla vs. Megalon set (Godzilla '73, Jet Jaguar, Megalon, & Gigan)
Ultraman Gaia-centric wave of Ultra 500 releases including Pazuzu, the Mizunoeno Dragon, Mimos, Mezard, Angel form Zogu, and Kaiser Dobishi.
Monogram Godzilla Bag Clips Wave 5 (Godzilla '74 with towers, Godzilla Ultima, Sanda, Gaira, Zilla, Super MechaGodzilla, Kumonga, FW Gigan, Keizer Ghidorah, Battra Larva, and Xillian Controller.
GvK Kong Doll Prop Replica
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Re: The 2023 Collectors Wishlist!

Post by Fermix »

That's quite the stacked list there! The only thing that jumps out in my mind is Titanosaurus. Mezco, Super7, Mondo, don't care. My boy needs some love.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Fermix wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:14 am That's quite the stacked list there! The only thing that jumps out in my mind is Titanosaurus. Mezco, Super7, Mondo, don't care. My boy needs some love.
Couldn't agree more, but I think we're going to be waiting a good 2 years before we see him get a bunch of new stuff.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I dont think for a second we're going to get the kinds of things you're wishing for from the Ultimates line, MM, at least any time soon. The third wave of figures isn't coming out until early 2024 and at that point the line is going to consist only of three Godzillas, rose Biollante, Mechagodzilla and Destroyer. There is still a shit-ton of Heisei film stuff they could do, and regardless of what they announce we wont be seeing any of it until probably mid 2024.

The only thing I'm hoping out of 2023 is that Bandai continue dipping into the Showa series to do stuff they haven't done before. They're on a roll.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

MMS Bagan seems plausible nowadays. I wouldn't have thought so the same time last year. Same for the MMS Angels, and Monsterarts Jet Jaguar and Megalon. Super 7 Bagan and Super Godzilla are definetly a reach for me though.

Mezco Terror Of Mechagodzilla set is something that would be nice. I don't collect Mezco, but it would be nice for folks who want that.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Going to spend my entire budget going after one piece: the resin Kaibutsuya Godzilla 1995, same sculpt as the gigantic Godzilla 1995.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I honestly didn't think my want list had a snowball's chance, but seeing as we had, in the last year or so, have through various sources a Rose Biollante, multiple choices for Mechagodzilla, Hedorah, and a classic Gigan of all things, my hopes for a Megalon and Orga are no longer as unlikely as I'd thought even a few months ago. I also hoped for a decently poseable Gamera (as much as a giant turtle can be) and while there seems to be some issues with the '99 I'm not familiar with, it DOES have a recolor coming, plus another version behind the curtain.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Movie Monster Series Zedus.

Anything else would be a bonus.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:53 am I dont think for a second we're going to get the kinds of things you're wishing for from the Ultimates line, MM, at least any time soon. The third wave of figures isn't coming out until early 2024 and at that point the line is going to consist only of three Godzillas, rose Biollante, Mechagodzilla and Destroyer. There is still a shit-ton of Heisei film stuff they could do, and regardless of what they announce we wont be seeing any of it until probably mid 2024.

The only thing I'm hoping out of 2023 is that Bandai continue dipping into the Showa series to do stuff they haven't done before. They're on a roll.
StardustGenius wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:08 am MMS Bagan seems plausible nowadays. I wouldn't have thought so the same time last year. Same for the MMS Angels, and Monsterarts Jet Jaguar and Megalon. Super 7 Bagan and Super Godzilla are definetly a reach for me though.

Mezco Terror Of Mechagodzilla set is something that would be nice. I don't collect Mezco, but it would be nice for folks who want that.
I agree the Super7 stuff I'm crossing my fingers for is a reach, but the only reason I think they MIGHT be in the cards is because of them doing an Ultimate Shogun Godzilla. 2023 is also the game's 30th anniversary, and the company itself has already done some out of left field stuff for their Reaction line. Stretch, yeah. But I think they're more likely in Ultimate format than something like SHMA.

Also adding to my list of hopefuls I forgot, is a prop replica of Jia's Kong doll in GvK. Don't care what company, but I'd get one. Surprised we haven't seen one so far.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Crazy to think anything Super 7 announces for the Ultimates line in 2023 might not even come out until 2025. I really have to wonder how far ahead their plan is. It's going to be YEARS until they get out of the Heisei stuff.

Also a bit of a bummer that Mezco can't get their damn sets out faster. The MG set was revealed last July and isn't coming out until NEXT July. Their releases tend to take about a year from announcement to release. Odds don't favor more than one major release from them next year. They really need to move faster than that.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:16 pm Crazy to think anything Super 7 announces for the Ultimates line in 2023 might not even come out until 2025. I really have to wonder how far ahead their plan is. It's going to be YEARS until they get out of the Heisei stuff.

Also a bit of a bummer that Mezco can't get their damn sets out faster. The MG set was revealed last July and isn't coming out until NEXT July. Their releases tend to take about a year from announcement to release. Odds don't favor more than one major release from them next year. They really need to move faster than that.
It's starting to feel like all the toy companies have a lead time of 8-14 months from the time of announcement to getting stuff in-hand. Super7 has gotten a lot of flak for using digital renders in their solicitations, but that's like half of Hasbro's promo shots now. I do appreciate that Mezco's stuff seems to usually be photos of prototypes.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I guess my wish is that X-Plus would release more kits, or perhaps reissue some of those Oyama sculpts that are long out of print. A Sakai Shin Awakening would be nice.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

SHMA GODZILLA 75 PLEASE
For Emperor and Empire!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

MMS Godziban Bagan and SHMA Salunga... Was MMS Godziban Anguirus something already teased somewhere? Might be misremembering.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Yeah they're doing Godziban Angilas and Rodan. But the toys themselves haven't been revealed yet.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:57 pm MMS Godziban Bagan and SHMA Salunga... Was MMS Godziban Anguirus something already teased somewhere? Might be misremembering.
Comes out soonish.

Quote of the Year:

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Is wishlisting allowed here now? I don't know, I'd like Mezco to finish Destroy All Monsters, I guess.
Last edited by JVM on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Hmmm, perhaps I start at demanding SH Figuarts figures and whoever doesn't get me one earns a warning. Deal? Deal.

I'd love to see a Neosaurus Figuarts be announced, would pair great with the upcoming Dyna figure. I'd prefer the original Neosaurus, but the one in Decker is really cool too, however much of a reused suit it is.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

My #1 most desired announcement would be a Gigantic series Godzilla 1984 or a Gigantic Favorite Sculptors Line version of the old Honey Bones Godzilla 54 kit. Nanmu doing a new more screen accurate Indominus Rex. Figuarts Omega Shenron and/or Janemba and a 2.0 version of Perfect Cell.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:06 am My #1 most desired announcement would be a Gigantic series Godzilla 1984 or a Gigantic Favorite Sculptors Line version of the old Honey Bones Godzilla 54 kit. Nanmu doing a new more screen accurate Indominus Rex. Figuarts Omega Shenron and/or Janemba and a 2.0 version of Perfect Cell.
Gigantic Series 68-72, or 74/75 would be the only ones I'd buy because of room. I've been dreading the day they announce one, because I have to either put up or shut up and finally get myself a Gigantic.

Quote of the Year: