The 2023 Collectors Wishlist!

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: The 2023 Collectors Wishlist!

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah I'm only grabbing my favorite designs except the Legendary Godzilla that particular figure was just too good to pass on.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I don’t really have a wishlist, honestly. I’ve already got my “grail” pieces in two different X-plus 30cm ‘84 Goji’s and the 25cm X-plus GTTHM cast of monsters.

And between what’s currently available and stuff we know is coming in the next months/years there’s already more than I’m willing/able to keep up with. But I’m really enjoying the great releases we’re getting.

So I guess my wishlist is more just the ability to continue collecting and enjoying the things I like most as they come.

That and I really want to do some more custom painting vinyl figures. That’s a lot of fun and I have some cool ideas I’d really like to try out.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Mine haven't changed much since I scored most of my grails in 2014. These are the same longshot items I've been wanting for almost a decade. The only additions are Hiya figures from G14 movie, since their sculpts for GKOTM and GvK were so good:

Diecast Super-X (at least 4" long)
Diecast MBT-92 tank (at least 4" long)
Diecast KIDS timeship (at least 4" windspan)
SHMA Godzilla 1984
SHMA Godzillasaurus
Hiya Toys Godzilla 2014
Hiya Toys MUTO male
Hiya Toys MUTO female
Godzilla 1985 on Blu-ray or 4K
Last edited by G1985 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Well, my 'wishlist' would mainly be that BANDAI keeps churning out MMS sideballs like Gorosaurus, Varan, Ebirah, Baragon, FW Hedorah, FW Manda and so on.

And I really, REALLY want SHMA M.U.T.O.'s, Rose Biollante & King Kong' 62...

Then a few more iconic Ultra Monsters (actual KAIJU) in SHF Form would be a nice treat, too.

And I finally want my B... B... B... BIG BOY BANDAI BAGAN ~
Size DOES matter!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I just want Bandai to keep making MMS figures of Showa monsters. Showa winning the Godzilla Store poll two years in a row has shown them there's a big market for these older guys if Ebirah and Baragon coming out next year are any indication.

My hopes aren't high for a Showa Manda if they're doing the GFW version, but I really wish they eventually do a Showa Kumonga eventually. Or Gabara.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:06 am I just want Bandai to keep making MMS figures of Showa monsters. Showa winning the Godzilla Store poll two years in a row has shown them there's a big market for these older guys if Ebirah and Baragon coming out next year are any indication.

My hopes aren't high for a Showa Manda if they're doing the GFW version, but I really wish they eventually do a Showa Kumonga eventually. Or Gabara.
MMS Showa Moguera FTW.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Us long time Bandai collectors already have a beautiful Showa Mogera that I can't see them topping today, but I can understand why today's collectors would want a new one.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:29 am Us long time Bandai collectors already have a beautiful Showa Mogera that I can't see them topping today, but I can understand why today's collectors would want a new one.
Might have more durable antannae.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:40 am
Legion1979 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:29 am Us long time Bandai collectors already have a beautiful Showa Mogera that I can't see them topping today, but I can understand why today's collectors would want a new one.
Might have more durable antannae.
A more affordable figure + softer flexible antennae would be a plus for everyone.

I’m on the same boat as Legion; my ultimate desire is for Zedus to get his due, but in regards to Toho alone I’m more interested in Showa. Ebirah and Baragon are exciting but I’d definitely love to see some other classic characters; Moguera, Manda, and especially Gabara (who I fear we’ll never get at this point- scoring low in the contest and his anniversary passing him by don’t make me optimistic).

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I never thought I'd see a day where we'd have TWO Mandas from Bandai and I'd still be unhappy. The 1968 Manda is one of my top wants. I love the Xplus version but I really want a more traditional vinyl of him.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:51 pm I never thought I'd see a day where we'd have TWO Mandas from Bandai and I'd still be unhappy. The 1968 Manda is one of my top wants. I love the Xplus version but I really want a more traditional vinyl of him.
Manda is one of my favorite Toho monsters so I'm glad he's finally getting some attention, but I would definitely love to see the Showa version be represented (I also prefer the 1968 but I honestly wouldn't care WHICH Showa one we got). The SP version was an odd choice for how little he appeared in the show, but didn't really lead itself to a good toy design. It was pretty angular and I found the figure to look and feel more like a writing utensil when I had it in-hand.

I would hope the 2004 version is a bit more "serpent-like" in that sense, but I guess we won't know until those production photos drop.
Last edited by Creature22 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Final Wars Manda is my favorite take on the creature. My second favorite color on a sea serpent will always make me satisfied.

The listings so far have been pretty reliable, so I don't think this is not happening. I just wonder why NOW for the FW Manda? I'm not against it at all, but it is strange for sure. Thinking back to wish lists, a new mold for Destoroyah would be nice. Something NOT small and tiny please.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Finish the DAM and GFW rosters (obvious priority to the former) is my main wish, and it felt like a pipe dream but Gorosaurus, Varan and Baragon were consecutively my top three wants and all apply to DAM, so not feeling too doubtful that we might eventually get there as the years pass. Kumonga is my new number one want so I'm sure we'll see him in a year or two. Definitely second the desire for a Showa Manda.

I'd actually really, really like to see a new Showa Anguirus. I've had the 1998 release for a few years and it felt very out of place in my collection... but very recently I acquired the 2001 release and while I don't prefer the eyes on the newer one, the overall paint scheme feels so much more lively and it has somewhat rehabilitated the mold in my eyes... all the same, it feels slightly dated compared to the modern MMS line, and I'd like to see an Anguirus '55 or a fresh take at '68 or '72, especially if we could get some head or tail articulation this time around.

Also though, I'd love to see them re-scale the GMK 2001 figures, especially Godzilla and Baragon. I already have the 8" Godzilla '01 because it's such a beautiful figure, but my core collection is 6" so I'd like to see it scaled down.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

SHMA Anguirus of like, any design. Seriously, how do you do Monster X before him? Bonkers.
SHMA Showa or Millenium Mothra would be amazing also.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

MMS Gamera Rebirth (100% confident this happens)
MMS Zedus
MMS Zilla (starting to seem somewhat likely)
Super7 full scale Biollante

Thats really all I would actively want, but Im sure we will get some stuff announced that I didn't know I wanted.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

More Pacific Rim figures. That's all u need, really. And make sure the kaiju aren't vinyl.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Just got to thinking one of my most desired dream figures, an Xplus Gigantic Godzilla 1984 could very possible get announced sometime next year. 2024 will be the film's 40th anniversary after all.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

NJPW X Godzilla T-Shirts. Jushin Liger should just lobby for this to happen. They collabed last year for Godzilla vs Kong.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

StardustGenius wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:47 am NJPW X Godzilla T-Shirts. Jushin Liger should just lobby for this to happen. They collabed last year for Godzilla vs Kong.
They exist, but sadly not available on Tokon Shop Global
https://shop.njpw.co.jp/search?options% ... pe=product

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Cool! They should do one with the wrestlers too!