Gamera Rebirth (NEW GAMERA 2023)

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Gamera Rebirth (NEW GAMERA 2023)

Post by miguelnuva »

Heisei Gamera was called Shin Gamera in Japan. It's just not considered that because Anno and his Shin universe now.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:52 pm Heisei Gamera was called Shin Gamera in Japan. It's just not considered that because Anno and his Shin universe now.
Wait, what?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:17 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:52 pm Heisei Gamera was called Shin Gamera in Japan. It's just not considered that because Anno and his Shin universe now.
Wait, what?
When the first Heisei Gamera film came out one of the marketing terms called it Shin Gamera just like Toho called Leo Shin Mothra.

The names didn't stick the way the Shin characters did in Anno's films.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:44 pm
Wait, what?
When the first Heisei Gamera film came out one of the marketing terms called it Shin Gamera just like Toho called Leo Shin Mothra.

Are you aware what "Shin" actually means in Japanese?

EVERYTHING "new" is called "Shin" in Japanese. Even Mecha-King Ghidorah was called "Shin (new) King Ghidorah" in some of the trailers.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Thank you, MM. You beat me to that.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:11 am
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:44 pm

Wait, what?

Are you aware what "Shin" actually means in Japanese?

EVERYTHING "new" is called "Shin" in Japanese. Even Mecha-King Ghidorah was called "Shin (new) King Ghidorah" in some of the trailers.
Yes I am, New True or God. Which is why I said when they called the Heisei Gamera Shin Gamera it was for marketing, it wasn't in the way that Anno's series is being done.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I thought we would have a design by now. I don't recall why I thought that. In hindsight it seems farfetched.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Kinda wish that we get a new teaser trailer by now but I waited five years for king of the monsters I bet I can wait a little longer for this

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Im sure we will hear something soon. Hey, maybe they were waiting until they made a bandai figure too so they can reveal it all at the same time. Thats one way to hype people into buying your figures.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Here's our first teaser trailer!!!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Chef’s kiss for the most part.

It looks very detailed, which I love, but not sure if that movement animation will translate well. I’ll reserve judgment til I see more. Promising teaser.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Dracosaurian wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:18 pm Here's our first teaser trailer!!!

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!

So, only six episodes (less it does good enough and we get Season 2) and Gamera faces off a different kaiju in all but one of them. Gyaos seems to be one of them, you can see one flying around in the background of a shot.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Here’s the poster for Gyaos as well. Very excited for this!

Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Gojira2K wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:29 pm Here’s the poster for Gyaos as well. Very excited for this!

This all looks amazing

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Looks cool!

I love the idea of it being a classic monster-of-the-week style show!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'm excited, but I want to know a lot more.

5 kaiju across 6 episodes is a little short, especially if the episodes are only 20 minutes. Maybe we'll get lucky and the episodes will be 30-40 minutes long? Clearly they're trying to advertise this as battle/monster heavy, but I wonder if there will be any sort of overarching theme/plotline. Would be okay with either honestly. No indication of aliens yet.

Now let's play the fun speculation game:

Gyaos is confirmed as one of the five.

If I had to guess:
Barugon/Jiger/Guiron
Viras/Zigra
Legion
New Monster

I wonder if this is in a way what came of the 2015 short film.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Stoked!! Glad they're getting Gyaos out of the way early and confirming there'll be multiple monster encounters. Very curious if there'll be new additions, or if they'll all be updates of old favorites.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Not going to lie, severely underwhelmed by the reveal that its only going to be six episodes. I miss the days where most shows were 22+ episodes, everything is getting too short these days. Happy its a show, but not much of one. Maybe we can get more down the road...

You know, I don't actually mind the presence of Gyaos. He's a staple of the franchise who's been a part of every series/continuity, including pretty much every game, comic, and manga. Doesn't look like they did much to the design though, I'd love to see a new take that isn't so heavily inspired by the 1995 design which has been the basis for all designs to follow.

Want to see more classic kaiju too, nobody but Gyaos has been utilized twice onscreen. Who will be the first to break the curse of the non-Gyaos kaiju (if anyone)?
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:12 pm I'm excited, but I want to know a lot more.

5 kaiju across 6 episodes is a little short, especially if the episodes are only 20 minutes. Maybe we'll get lucky and the episodes will be 30-40 minutes long? Clearly they're trying to advertise this as battle/monster heavy, but I wonder if there will be any sort of overarching theme/plotline. Would be okay with either honestly. No indication of aliens yet.

Now let's play the fun speculation game:

Gyaos is confirmed as one of the five.

If I had to guess:
Barugon/Jiger/Guiron
Viras/Zigra
Legion
New Monster

I wonder if this is in a way what came of the 2015 short film.
In my opinion, this is what came of the 2015.. and that 2 kaiju fron that are 2 of them.

Gyaos, new kaiju 1, new kaiju 2, Zedus, and Zigra.. If I had to guess.

Apart of me want more new kaiju then old and I really want Barugon back.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Well, we can start a gambling pool/scoresheet of what monsters will reappear, before we get more information; make a fun game of it. Everyone write down the four monsters you think will appear!

(my official guess hasn't begun)

But yeah, Zedus returning would be cool. He's only been in the Brave film and unlike Gamera monsters is very unique to his era, existing only in a continuity with no other films.

Also, this is beating a dead horse, but I won't be surprised when Gamera Rebirth MMS stuff is announced. They've been releasing all the Heisei Gamera figures recently, so that shouldn't surprise anyone.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.