Cosmic Calamity Round Six: JAGzilla vs Zeruel (Rebuild)

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Cosmic Calamity Round Six: JAGzilla vs Zeruel (Rebuild)

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

JAGzilla
SpaceGodzilla
Gamera (Heisei, G3)
Megalon
Kumonga (Showa)
Gigan (Showa)
Leatherback
Otachi
King Cobra
Jet Jaguar (Showa)
Barugon
Rodan (Showa)

Items: EMP, Dessy Aggregates, Gotengo (Showa), Super Trio

vs

Zeruel (Rebuild)

Arena: Tokyo 3

Rules:
Same rules for JAG's team
Zeruel is in its first form
Heisei scaling

JAG, will you use any items?

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Re: Cosmic Calamity Round Six: JAGzilla vs Zeruel (Rebuild)

Post by Kaijuking101 »

The vid I'm using for reference

SpaceG seems to be the only one capable of hurting Zeruel to any degree at all. That nuke level missile was tanked by Zeruel seemingly without its AT Field and it was unfazed, and the fact it utterly bodied the Rebuild Evas seems to suggest it could easily body and rip apart the lackeys. I doubt any of JAG's team barring SpaceG could even hope to break through the AT Field, and those beams' performance suggest that they'll utterly decimate anything not SpaceG and seem to be spammable as well which is worse. Zeruel, like the Rebuild Angels, are just kinda absurd like final New Gen Ultra Kaiju level from what I've seen of them.

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
JAG, your decision to go without theme may have costed you lol.

Added in 5 minutes 1 second:
And that was just the first/second form. The third form it appears has even stronger eye beams, ones that destroyed the NERV pyramid that tanked the nuke level missile unscathed though it was an unknown distance away which means it didn't tank the full blast. They even appear to cause massive explosions too. Yeah, I don't think JAG is winning this. Though I could be overestimating him for TK standards.
Last edited by Kaijuking101 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I won't use any items. They wouldn't be much help.

My Eva knowledge is limited. Once the AT Field breaks, does it stay broken? And is there any reason that, after watching nine lackeys get pulverized by this thing, Gamera can't just Mana Beam his way out of this?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I would assume that it would stay broken for a bit, because from what I've seen from Rebuild clips, Zeruel's main A.T Field can't be spammed, the smaller ones are a TOTALLY different case.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Okay... watching parts of that episode, Zeruel is MONSTROUS one-on-one, but doesn't seem great at handling more than one threat at a time. Two Evas were able to work together to breach its AT Field. I've got eleven fighters here. And then Shinji alone was keeping it on the ropes in melee. Again, I've got numbers, and I think they'll matter. While my lackeys are distracting, sacrificing, and chipping away, Spacegodzilla and Gamera are free to light the fucker up with fireballs and corona beams, then the Mana Beam or Plasma Fist if needed. And once that AT Field goes down, my lackeys have all their helpful abilities to bog Zeruel down with. Webbing, glue, ice. They can slow him down and give the heavy hitters more time to land heavy hits.

This is a nasty, brutal slog of a fight. Most if not all of my lackeys won't survive. But I think I have just enough numbers and firepower to scrape through and make it happen.

Also, dammit. :lol: I should have watched the clip before I chose not to use the items. The Gotengo and Super Trio actually would have been very helpful here. Lesson learned, I guess...

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

The Mana Beam might not break through the AT Field but the Banishing Fist might do the job. Alas it is just Gamera and SpaceGodzilla who are powerful enough to do some damage to Zeruel but I agree with KaijuKing in regards to Jag not winning this but it's not as one sided.

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

JAG's team is tough but ultimately in the end, Zeruel just has him beat.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Zeruel ultimately gets the better of Jag even with SpaceGodzilla on the latter's side.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Zeruel is a frightening angel, and for now it seems, JAG is going to hell.
Last edited by Voyager on Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I mean... two Evas made it through the AT Field and were able to put this thing down. I have eleven fighters, and one of them is packing possibly the strongest weapon in the game. Between all of them, there has to be a way for me to win.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Going to have to agree with Jag.

Look, if Zeruel 1v1'd Jag's team like a tournament, yeah he'd lose every time but Jag has a ton of fighters that will attack from multiple angles. I'd also stress that Zeruel's AT field blocks beams or objects from a single direction, which is great, unless you have fighters like SpaceGodzilla or Barugon that have attacks that don't just move in a straight line. Lastly, energy attack, unlike explosive ordinance, can break shields and considering the power of Gamera's Mana Beam, I don't think Zeruel can reliably stop it, especially with so many monsters on the field.

In theory, Zeruel has the power to break Jag's team, but numbers, great offensive attacks, and unique abilities give Jag's team the fighting edge more often than not.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon