RIP Eabaker/Memorial to Eabaker

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Maritonic »

I don't know how to really process this, and I planned to keep it quiet until it went public. It seemingly has gone public, and I felt it was my responsibility to tell everyone here.

Evan "eabaker" has very suddenly passed away. He was a very near and dear friend to me, and a huge part of this community. We talked daily outside of here for the past 4 years or so, and engaged on here frequently.

He was an incredibly intelligent, kind, and talented human being that I am going to miss so fucking horribly. I am absolutely devastated.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Fuck. I… I don’t know what to say. God rest his soul. We’ll all miss him dearly. I extend my condolences to everyone who knew him, and especially his family.
For Emperor and Empire!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Maritonic wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:29 pm I don't know how to really process this, and I planned to keep it quiet until it went public. It seemingly has gone public, and I felt it was my responsibility to tell everyone here.

Evan "eabaker" has very suddenly passed away. He was a very near and dear friend to me, and a huge part of this community. We talked daily outside of here for the past 4 years or so, and engaged on here frequently.

He was an incredibly intelligent, kind, and talented human being that I am going to miss so fucking horribly. I am absolutely devastated.
I don't even know what to say right now. Damn, man. Dude was generally super chill, even dealt with my BS on a few occasions. This is... rough to process.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

This is.. I don't know what to say. I feel for those who were close to Eabaker and for his family. Dude was smart and knew what he was talking about, and was a voice of wisdom here on TK. I will miss him.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Maritonic wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:29 pm I don't know how to really process this, and I planned to keep it quiet until it went public. It seemingly has gone public, and I felt it was my responsibility to tell everyone here.

What the fuck?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

... I don't even know what to say.

How do you even respond to that? That someone who you looked up to on this website as an inspiration is just... gone now? Someone who was smart, funny, chill and relaxed, and helped me develop my appreciation for the art of film? It doesn't even feel right to talk about him in past-tense.

It all feels so surreal. He was young... he healthy, wasn't he?

I'm still struggling to process that this is real.

Eabaker, as far as I'm concerned, you were, and are, the shining star of this forum. I'll miss you...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

That's awful. He was such a chill guy.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Holy shit

I genuinely can't comprehend that

What the fuck
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

We can only imagine the grief his loved ones feel. Such an incredibly beautiful soul, and his life ending so suddenly. It puts life into perspective.

I hope he rests easy.
For Emperor and Empire!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Voyager wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:01 pm We can only imagine the grief his loved ones feel. Such an incredibly beautiful soul, and his life ending so suddenly. It puts life into perspective.

I hope he rests easy.
Myself and some others were in touch with his wife through all of this. She is, understandably, crushed.

I will convey all the well wishes to her when the time is right. Evan was very loved. He was a close friend. I'm kind of in a state of shock, as this was immensely sudden.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I've been barely holding it together ever since Mari informed me by PM.

Evan made me feel welcome. Not just here on TK, but as someone who always felt different and ostracized for my interests in film and monsters. He was funny, kind, insightful all in the same sentence. There was no one else like him. Even typing this feels wrong. He had so much to give. I remember always seeing the wonderful short films he'd send to me and getting so excited to see what wonderful thing he had made now was. God. This feels so wrong.

Rest in peace, Evan. We're all worse off without you.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

This is terrible. Please express my regrets to his family.

May he rest in peace and may the Lord have mercy on his soul.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Wow.. I uh.. Damn, I don't even know what to say. What could I say?

He was such a genuinely nice and insightful person. Whenever there was something about the franchise I didn't know about, it was usually him that brought it up. All of his films were super nice to watch.. Hell, I think he uploaded one like, yesterday. Damn I just made myself feel more depressed even typing this. Struggling to find words. Don't think I have a lot of them to say right now; too in shock to properly think anymore man.

R.I.P Evan. My thoughts go out to his wife and the rest of his family.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm not even sure how to process this. It's so fucking sudden and so surreal to hear. I've got a pit in my stomach just thinking that Evan won't ever be here to talk to again. That's how much I loved seeing him and his posts here. I've never even met him beyond this forum and he was that much of a joy to talk with.

I feel horrible for his wife, his family and his friends. They'll all be in my thoughts. Rest in peace to a great member of the fandom, a great eye for filmmaking, and an all-around great person.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

This, this is terrible, he never deserved this, I didn't know him that much, but he seemed like a good guy, I'm trying not to cry right now to be honest.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

This is bullshit, man. It's not fucking fair. I hate death. I don't even really know how to put into words how awful I feel now.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

This is shocking, terrible news. I only knew eabaker through this message board and years ago the SciFi Japan/Monster Zero/Club Tokyo forums. We never had much direct interaction but I've always found his posts to be welcome, intelligent contributions to any discussion topic. He seemed like a thoughtful and kind man with a real passion for his craft. My condolences go out to his family and everyone who knew him.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Evan became a very good friend of mine over the past few years. He was one of my favorite people to talk to and one of the most intelligent people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. He always inspired and encouraged me and the people around him to be creative. I’m so glad I got to know him and I miss him like hell already.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

This is heartbreaking.

Evan always seemed like an amazing chill guy and I wished I talked to him more often.

It's really damn hard to process.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

What. I can't say much, but Jesus Christ. I don't know how to process this.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.