Ultraman Neos

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
o.supreme
Futurian

Ultraman Neos

Post by o.supreme »

Greetings All,

Well I'm almost done with Neos MC DVD Release. Despite coming out in 2000, it definitely has a 90's look/quality and there is an obvious reason why, and it recalled memories I had of that time...

I remember back in 1995, and being highly disappointed that Ultraman The Ultimate Hero never got picked up for distribution in the United States; then seeing an article in G-Fan Magazine for a New Japanese Ultraman Show - Utraman Neos!. It was just a small article, and nothing more was ever shown, or reported. Imagine my confusion over a year later, going to SDCC and seeing bootleg VHS of this *new* show "Ultraman Tiga" all over the place. I got 2 or 3 tapes, because I wanted to know all about this new Ultraman, but also what ever happened to Neos?

Well as time went on, we got Dyna, then Gaia, then Cosmos... then Finally Neos once again appeared. Apparently however, instead of a full TV show it was just a 12 episode series released straight to video. I wondered why it had been shelved for 5 years, and was just now (in 2000) getting a release? But just glad it had. Of course it looks definitely like a product of the mid 90's with the video presentation, and limited budget.

I had seen fan subs years ago, but this MC DVD is the first time I'm really watching the series in recent memory. I kind of wish the 1995 Pilot had been included, but all in all, I'm glad we have this oddball series in the Ultraman franchise.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Ultraman Neos

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Are you aware of the Neos pilot film? It shows what the show would've been had it aired in 1996 like originally planned.

o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Ultraman Neos

Post by o.supreme »

Yes,I referred to it in the last sentence of my post.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!