Favorite quotes from the Godzilla series

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
godjacob
Futurian

Re: Favorite quotes from the Godzilla series

Post by godjacob »

"You have your fear, which might become reality. And you have Godzilla, which is reality."
-Hideto Ogata, Godzilla: King of the Monsters

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

godjacob wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:40 pm "You have your fear, which might become reality. And you have Godzilla, which is reality."
This was one of the moments that made me absolutely fall in love with the movie as a child.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:42 pm
godjacob wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:40 pm "You have your fear, which might become reality. And you have Godzilla, which is reality."
This was one of the moments that made me absolutely fall in love with the movie as a child.
Meanwhile, the Small-Brained Spuro was just enamored with the monster and city destruction scenes as a child. :lol:

Granted, I first saw it when I was 3. I don't know how old you were.
Last edited by Spuro on Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Spuro wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:03 am
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:42 pm
Meanwhile, the Small-Brained Spuro was just enamored with the monster and city destruction scenes as a child. :lol:

Granted, I first saw it when I was 3. I don't know how old you were.
Older than 3! :D

At around 3, I was watching Godzilla on Monster Island and paying literally zero attention to the human parts.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Thomas Latimer
Yojimbo

Post by Thomas Latimer »

Hello, i'm (sorta) new.

For some reason a lot of the lines and dialogue from GODZILLA 1985 have been stuck in my head for years.

For example; "It was huge, it was like a monster."
"What's the big secret?"
"We've got some more news and it's bad!"
"We've spotted him! he's moving towards Tokyo Bay!"
"Sayonara, Sucker!"
"General, i hope you succeed, but Godzilla WILL live!"
"We understand that you can make no guarantees but we pray that you are successful."

And of course, the Ending monologue by Mr. Martin, truly beautiful stuff.

Tom.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

“Shit, damn! We are lethal weapon!”
“I can’t believe that Godzilla, was the last of his species. If nuclear testing continues, then someday, somewhere in the world, another Godzilla may appear”
“Sometimes, the only way to heal our wounds is to make peace with the demons that created them”
“HEEY ANGIRAAA”
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

"Ah, cigarettes?"
"...They're for you..."

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

You're a hard bitch.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Thomas Latimer
Yojimbo

Post by Thomas Latimer »

GODZILLA VS. GIGAN's dub had such good lines!

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Godzilla VS Gigan's International Dub would still have blown away any theoretical AIP dub they were planning. Give me hammy Hong Kong voice actors over pseudo Asian accents any day.

"I think it stinks!"

"STUPID, BUT AT THE SAME TIME CUNNING."

Thomas Latimer
Yojimbo

Post by Thomas Latimer »

I actually prefer Titra/Titan's english dubs (even though i'm not a big fan of the phony Asian accents, but sometimes the dialogue is superior), but the showa international dubs are underrated!
Last edited by Thomas Latimer on Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

"Let me show you, Monster Zero."
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

"Ogata...please understand. Even if the Oxygen Destroyer is used only once, the politicians of the world won't stand idly by. They'll inevitably turn it into a weapon. A-bombs against A-bombs...H-bombs against H-bombs...as a scientist—no, as a human being, adding yet another terrifying weapon to humanity's arsenal...is something I cannot allow."
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Thomas Latimer wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:41 pm Hello, i'm (sorta) new.

For some reason a lot of the lines and dialogue from GODZILLA 1985 have been stuck in my head for years.

"What's the big secret?"
"Sayonara, Sucker!"
"We understand that you can make no guarantees but we pray that you are successful."

Tom.
His dialogue in KOTM 1956 is also pretty good.

"Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown...," among many other lines in the film.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

shadowgigan wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:41 pm

"What's the big secret?"
"Sayonara, Sucker!"

Tom.

"Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown...," among many other lines in the film.
Actually, I think one of those lines you mentioned goes like this: "General, I hope that you succeed, but no matter what happens, Godzilla will live."

And how about this one: "That's, uh, that's quite an urban renewal program they've got going over there."

And this one: "Major, in 1962 for 40 full minutes, a stratospheric nuclear blast[...]all the way from Australia to California." (I can't remember the lines in-between these two parts; can anyone please fill me in?)

And this one: "Godzilla. I was hoping I'd never hear that name again."

And this one: "This was 30 years ago. Godzilla's first attack took the Japanese and the entire world completely off-guard, there were several thousand casualties and not many who saw him up close lived to tell about it. Damage during his 1956 visit was in the billions."

And this one: "General, Godzilla is like a hurricane or a tidal wave. We must approach him as one would a force of nature. We must understand him, deal with him, perhaps even attempt to communicate with him. And for the record...30 years ago they never found any corpse."

And this one: "I was the only American who survived that catastrophe. If you men had seen what I saw, you would understand that firepower of any kind or magnitude is not the answer."

And this one: "Troops, aircraft, rockets, they were all used before! All they'll do is cinfuse and antagonize him further. He's looking for something...searching. If only we could figure out what it is...before it's too late."
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thomas Latimer
Yojimbo

Post by Thomas Latimer »

mikelcho wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:53 pm

"What's the big secret?"
"Sayonara, Sucker!"

Tom.

Actually, I think one of those lines you mentioned goes like this: "General, I hope that you succeed, but no matter what happens, Godzilla will live."

And how about this one: "That's, uh, that's quite an urban renewal program they've got going over there."

And this one: "Major, in 1962 for 40 full minutes, a stratospheric nuclear blast[...]all the way from Australia to California." (I can't remember the lines in-between these two parts; can anyone please fill me in?)

And this one: "This was 30 years ago. Godzilla's first attack took the Japanese and the entire world completely off-guard, there were several thousand casualties and not many who saw him up close lived to tell about it. Damage during his 1956 visit was in the billions."

And this one: "General, Godzilla is like a hurricane or a tidal wave. We must approach him as one would a force of nature. We must understand him, deal with him, perhaps even attempt to communicate with him. And for the record...30 years ago they never found any corpse."

And this one: "I was the only American who survived that catastrophe. If you men had seen what I saw, you would understand that firepower of any kind or magnitude is not the answer."

And this one: "Troops, aircraft, rockets, they were all used before! All they'll do is cinfuse and antagonize him further. He's looking for something...searching. If only we could figure out what it is...before it's too late."
You are absolutely right! Most of those lines you mentioned are pretty memorable and unforgettable (for me at least).

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

"Someone kick me, kick me hard. We're stupid!"
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

“You can tell your son about it when he’s born…major Spielberg”

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:53 pm

"What's the big secret?"
"Sayonara, Sucker!"

Tom.

And this one: "Troops, aircraft, rockets, they were all used before! All they'll do is confuse and antagonize him further. He's looking for something...searching. If only we could figure out what it is...before it's too late."