Godzilla vs The World of Monsters - The OFFICIAL Reboot! - Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Voyager
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs The World of Monsters - The OFFICIAL Reboot! - Hub

Post by Voyager »

godjacob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:28 am NGL from a narrative standpoint feels kinda empty to fight to "save" Tokyo now that it is like completely destroyed already.
If that's regarding King Godzilla, I made it out that he wanted to avenge the city, not save it.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gonna try to get a post up within the next couple hours or so

Added in 2 hours 33 minutes 45 seconds:
Post done! Frankenstein realizes him and George share some heritage. Meanwhile, Mechani-Kong is having some second thoughts about coming to Tokyo. The Moon might suit its fancy a tad more. Is a triple-threat in outer space in bound?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:52 pm Gonna try to get a post up within the next couple hours or so

Added in 2 hours 33 minutes 45 seconds:
Post done! Frankenstein realizes him and George share some heritage. Meanwhile, Mechani-Kong is having some second thoughts about coming to Tokyo. The Moon might suit its fancy a tad more. Is a triple-threat in outer space in bound?
That's a pretty cool connection, will not lie.

Though one minor detail, the Monarch Outpost is underground. Can still have Frankenstein sense something below him around the area and will have George come to "greet" him all the same, but just thought you should know.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Behemoth is officially in Tokyo, and Alex and Alan remember seeing this machine in the world of The Big O.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:45 pm Behemoth is officially in Tokyo, and Alex and Alan remember seeing this machine in the world of The Big O.
Ancient Godzilla fired an atomic blast sensing Behemoth's arrival, could use a...reaction to that if you'd be so kind ^^"

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

godjacob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:46 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:45 pm Behemoth is officially in Tokyo, and Alex and Alan remember seeing this machine in the world of The Big O.
Ancient Godzilla fired an atomic blast sensing Behemoth's arrival, could use a...reaction to that if you'd be so kind ^^"
There was none, it didn't hurt him.

Added in 26 seconds:
Besides him being angered to surface.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:47 pm

Added in 26 seconds:
More was thinking you could've mentioned the atomic blast hitting to no effect or that kind of thing. Just to be clear, but get your intent.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

godjacob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:53 pm

Added in 26 seconds:
More was thinking you could've mentioned the atomic blast hitting to no effect or that kind of thing. Just to be clear, but get your intent.
Oh, I see what you mean, I'll fix that.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:54 pm

Added in 26 seconds:
Thanks, appreciate that.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

godjacob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:01 pm

Thanks, appreciate that.
No problem, it was probably for the better to make ancient Godzilla's Earth-busting breath look wimpy.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:02 pm

Thanks, appreciate that.
No problem, it was probably for the better to make ancient Godzilla's Earth-busting breath look wimpy.
Well, I would've said to establish the thread of their foe but...you can phrase it that way lol

I am worried this fight is just gonna be an excuse to make your mechas look super cool compared to everyone else...

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

godjacob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:03 pm

Thanks, appreciate that.
Well, I would've said to establish the thread of their foe but...you can phrase it that way lol

I am worried this fight is just gonna be an excuse to make your mechas look super cool compared to everyone else...
The Big O characters need some respect, I'm letting them have it (But in all seriousness, Behemoth, Big Fau, and maybe BDI are all huge/final boss material). I mean, everyone could gang up on Behemoth and the Bigs.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:06 pm

The Big O characters need some respect, I'm letting them have it (But in all seriousness, Behemoth, Big Fau, and maybe BDI are all huge/final boss material). I mean, everyone could gang up on Behemoth and the Bigs.
I get that, but I feel that all characters should get respect. Having them just blow up a city casually, and be this ominous threat to make the other creatures look small and pathetic...I worry it just is gonna be the Big 0 cast making everyone look bad instead of both sides mutually raising each other.

I mean, even you aid Godzilla's atomic blast could blast to the center of the earth and it didn't even leave a dent lol. I am fine in this case to set the mood, I just worry it will be a troubling sign of things to come.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

godjacob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:08 pm

I get that, but I feel that all characters should get respect. Having them just blow up a city casually, and be this ominous threat to make the other creatures look small and pathetic...I worry it just is gonna be the Big 0 cast making everyone look bad instead of both sides mutually raising each other.

I mean, even you aid Godzilla's atomic blast could blast to the center of the earth and it didn't even leave a dent lol. I am fine in this case to set the mood, I just worry it will be a troubling sign of things to come.
Well, if you ever need a hard counter for all three of my mechs, just claim a MUTO or Leatherback.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:10 pm

Well, if you ever need a hard counter for all three of my mechs, just claim a MUTO or Leatherback.
It's less about that and more just making sure our cast can collectively get out shine and it not being a giant curb stomp just to benefit certain characters above everyone else, is all I am saying.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

godjacob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:14 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:10 pm

It's less about that and more just making sure our cast can collectively get out shine and it not being a giant curb stomp just to benefit certain characters above everyone else, is all I am saying.
Oh, no problem, we can go ahead and let Behemoth die at the end of the Tokyo brawl, I already have a small arc planned for the two Bigs, not really involving any other kaiju, so I don't want them dead.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Well, hopefully I was under the unspoken rule nobody dies unless the person who owns them is cool with it lol

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

I'm cool with Behemoth dying, as long as he dies in a massive explosion, just wanted him to be a big boss for a major fight.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’ll try to get a post up sometime soon.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Short post, but it did the job. Mechani-Kong takes to the Lunar Surface and Frankenstein waits for George.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!