Gigabash X Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Re: Gigabash X Godzilla

Post by kaijukurt »

@GormaruIsland wrote:GIGABASH X GODZILLA [TGS] There Will Be More Playable Toho Kaiju Besides Godzilla In Crossover

@GigaBashGame heard kaiju fans, and confirm additional Toho kaiju besides Godzilla as playable fighters in the universe expanding crossover! Invites sent! But who will answer?! #gaming
https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... 8ZxeA&s=19

Last edited by kaijukurt on Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Anyone from the big five seems like a logical candidate to enter the ring. Great news
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Fermix wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:22 am Anyone from the big five seems like a logical candidate to enter the ring. Great news
I'd say Godzilla, Mothra and Ghidorah are the top bets. MechaGodzilla would also be something very unique in playstyle compared to others, especially if based on Showa. After that, who knows. But Gigan, Megalon and Hedorah seem like they would fit PERFECT in with the crazy designs of the game. I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic while also hyping myself up. I'm hoping there's at least one "wild" pick if there's only like 4 or 5 guest kaiju here. Someone like SpaceGodzilla, whom I don't see anyone clamoring for, could offer a lot of uniqueness to the game with his crystals and corona beam's ability to swerve around stuff.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I am genuinely very happy about this news. Can’t wait to see who gets picked. I’ll be very curios to see which versions of characters get picked as well, at least from monsters who have multiple different versions.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'm going to say the big 5 and call it a day.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Whoa, this is crazy. Multiple Toho kaiju? I'm going to guess Mothra, King Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla, but that's purely based on the fact that those were the three monsters to crossover (kind of) in Fall Guys. Who knows if they'll want to add Rodan, or any of the '70s kaiju like Gigan, Megalon, Hedorah, King Caesar, etc.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Anyone care to guess what specific incarnations the Toho Kaiju wil they use?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:55 am Anyone care to guess what specific incarnations the Toho Kaiju wil they use?
It's like definitely Heisei, right?
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:55 amAnyone care to guess what specific incarnations the Toho Kaiju wil they use?
If they were smart, it'd be all the Showa incarnations (assuming they're all monsters who were in the Showa movies), with Godzilla being the Megarogoji. They'd match GigaBash's aesthetic perfectly. But honestly, it's hard to guess; in the Godzilla teaser, you hear the power up sound of the MonsterVerse Godzilla, the atomic ray looks like the MonsterVerse Godzilla's (specifically the 2014 version), the atomic ray sounds like the Showa ray, and Godzilla's roar is the early Heisei roar from Godzilla vs. Biollante and Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. Passion Republic Games and Toho are doing a good job at keeping it from being obvious.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:17 pm If they were smart, it'd be all the Showa incarnations (assuming they're all monsters who were in the Showa movies), with Godzilla being the Megarogoji. They'd match GigaBash's aesthetic perfectly.
I'd be rather shocked if we got anything outside of a Heisei Godzilla, but I 100% echo this. Would be an inspired choice to see a 60's/70's Godzilla as the face of this collab, but Toho's generally shied away from those old school Godzillas. I remember they previously barred IDW from using any Showa Godzilla in their comics, and while that rule has since been (thankfully) reversed, they'll probably push for more "recent" Godzillas (if we can still call "Heisei" recent). I don't see Monsterverse-Goji happening though.

And outside of anyone in the big five, I see Gigan and Megalon being the most logical options, not just for fitting the style but they're fairly common in these fighting games as it is. Anyone else would surprise me TBH.

As a side note, I've been keeping tabs on this game every now and then for the last couple years, ever since they first revealed their first concepts that were just straight-up Ultraman monster rip-offs. They've come a long, long way since then and I'm genuinely super happy for everyone involved in this project. :D Having the chance to add freaking Godzilla to your monster fighting game is certainly one way of knowing that you've made it. ;)

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:07 pmI'd be rather shocked if we got anything outside of a Heisei Godzilla
I'd also be surprised if it's not Heisei Godzilla, but I keep getting hung up on the fact that the sound effects in the teaser seem to be from all over the franchise. It honestly probably means nothing and I'm just overthinking it, lol.
Shenanigans wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:07 pmAnd outside of anyone in the big five, I see Gigan and Megalon being the most logical options, not just for fitting the style but they're fairly common in these fighting games as it is. Anyone else would surprise me TBH.
Maybe it'll be the Godzilla: Dominion roster - Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and Megalon! :P

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I definitely don't think they will do it, given that the Atomic Breath we saw in the teaser was blue, but it would be interesting to see Shin Godzilla or even potentially Godzilla Ultima. Though I think Shin is more likely out of the two. But I'm guessing it will probably be a Heisei Godzilla.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The Gigabash monsters are called Titans so I can see the Kotm Big 4.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:01 am The Gigabash monsters are called Titans so I can see the Kotm Big 4.
I would absolutely love it if they were the KOTM versions of Godzilla, Mothra, Rodman, and especially King Ghidorah.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:01 amThe Gigabash monsters are called Titans so I can see the Kotm Big 4.
Ooh, that's a good point. I'd completely forgotten about that.

Hey, maybe we'll get Behemoth! :P

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:21 am
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:01 amThe Gigabash monsters are called Titans so I can see the Kotm Big 4.

Honestly, I'd be down for that or to get the MUTO in something. Maybe the Female is the main fighter but the Male swoops in for support on certain attacks or specials??
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I feel like Legendary is currently investing enough into continuing the Monsterverse that they would be silly not to accept an invitation to add their Titans to Gigabash.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Gojira2K wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:05 am
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:01 am The Gigabash monsters are called Titans so I can see the Kotm Big 4.
I would absolutely love it if they were the KOTM versions of Godzilla, Mothra, Rodman, and especially King Ghidorah.
Rodzilla! Loved when Rodman teamed up with Hollywood Hulk Hogan!

:D
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:21 am

The inside parts of the Earth are also referred to "Hollow Earth" in the game's story and soundtracks too. Perhaps this will be an MV crossover...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

My money's still on classic Japanese Godzilla incarnations, but I'd definitely be down for a Monsterverse crossover. Plus we could get Kong! I still can't believe there hasn't been a good Godzilla fighting game with the Monsterverse characters; IIRC there's supposed to be some stuff down the line but it could just be more mobile games.