Gigabash X Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Re: Gigabash X Godzilla

Post by Gojira2K »

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:40 pm
MogeGoji1994 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:35 pm Excellent, I'll probably try to grab this and the DLC during the Christmas season. Do you have any recommendations or anything I should know before getting the game?
Assuming you're using a controller, try sticking with the default controls first. There's kind of a method to the madness. Fortunately, the game has plenty of training options (an actual Tutorial level, a "Gym" where you can mess around to your heart's content, and even a Training level available in multiplayer where everyone has infinite HP for basically infinite combo testing and messing around). I'm also playing via Steam and it looks and works great. The CPUs are quite challenging, though!
The CPU’s are indeed quite challenging. Another thing I would say is that there isn’t a huge player base so getting multiplayer games can take some time. At least in my experience any way.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Not going to lie, I thought the teaser was Ghidorah at first, but then I saw the head. So much for my guess, haha, but I'm quite pleased to be wrong here. Solid choices, and the general randomness of them makes me think they may already be planning more additions.

On a related note, Gormaru is now asking people to campaign for a Monsterverse crossover from Legendary.

https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... OB560sAAAA

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Its definitely a more technical game than the Pipeworks brawlers, and thus has a higher barrier of entry. The first set of story missions with Gorogong doesn't help as he is a high skill character and even playing on Balanced my first go was frustrating to say the least.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Godzilla DLC is dropping at 10AM ET today in a surprise early release
Last edited by Fermix on Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

They look amazing!!

Godzilla with the tail slide kick and the Monster Zero dance, Destoroyah with the tail grab…nice attention to detail.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

It's so good. I hope this game has a long lifespan, I am so so happy.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Fermix wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:39 am It's so good. I hope this game has a long lifespan, I am so so happy.
I got the press build on Friday. Pretty fun party game. No story to the DLC characters but they do have bios which is nice. In all honesty, I'd love for these guys to take a crack at a Godzilla fighting game.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Fingers crossed for Ghidorah and Rodan getting added later! Glad Gigan’s here though.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Had no idea this was happening until just now. Great to see a monster fighting game get some Godzilla guest characters, never thought I'd see the day after the dumpster fire that was Kaiju Combat.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

The 4 monsters are insanely fun. Godzilla may be my favorite of the bunch, but Gigan's great as well. I love how they threw in his GDAMM entrance animation as a taunt. I also have no idea how to combat Kiryu, that dude shoots missiles for days.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

i am very surprised that the monster that was released for the dlc was not ghidorah, mothra, and rodan. but i was not surprised about mecgagodzilla. also it is nice gigan is getting alot of love this year due to him turing 50 this year. also it is nice to see destoroyah in a way since godzilla unleashed

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Adding those four monsters made this a definite purchase for me. I love the selection, and it'll be fun using the Godzilla monsters against the original Gigabash creatures.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:21 pm On a related note, Gormaru is now asking people to campaign for a Monsterverse crossover from Legendary.

I honestly have to wonder if something like this is in talks or already in the works. While I love the uniqueness of the Gigabash Godzilla roster choices, I am at the same time shocked they didn’t go for the stereotypical big names (unless the cost was insane for them). However, it would make perfect sense to avoid Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra with the Toho Lineup if they were possibly getting a deal for the Monsterverse line up and getting access to them through that. It avoids having duplicate fighters of Ghidorah, Mothra, etc.
Last edited by AWMGodzilla62 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

AWMGodzilla62 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:08 am
Shenanigans wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:21 pm On a related note, Gormaru is now asking people to campaign for a Monsterverse crossover from Legendary.

I honestly have to wonder if something like this is in talks or already in the works. While I love the uniqueness of the Gigabash Godzilla roster choices, I am at the same time shocked then didn’t go for the stereotypical big names (unless the cost was insane for them). However, it would make perfect sense to avoid Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra with the Toho Lineup if they were possibly getting a deal for the Monsterverse line up and getting access to them through that. It avoids having duplicate fighters of Ghidorah, Mothra, etc.
This reminds me of Super7's initial approach to their TMNT Ultimates Line. The way Kyle described it goes something like this: if you do Wave 1 with the 4 turtles, there are a lot of folks who will stop after Wave 1 because you already have the main cast and no future waves will live up to the hype. However, if you do a Wave 1 with Raphael, Splinter, Foot Soldier, and Baxter Stockman, it creates the impression that they're in it for the long haul where you can expect the main cast to be filled along the way, along with some deep cuts and surprises.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

AWMGodzilla62 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:08 am

I honestly have to wonder if something like this is in talks or already in the works. While I love the uniqueness of the Gigabash Godzilla roster choices, I am at the same time shocked they didn’t go for the stereotypical big names (unless the cost was insane for them). However, it would make perfect sense to avoid Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra with the Toho Lineup if they were possibly getting a deal for the Monsterverse line up and getting access to them through that. It avoids having duplicate fighters of Ghidorah, Mothra, etc.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. I do remember Gormaru campaigning for there to be a Godzilla inclusion in the game a decent bit of time before the announcement of this DLC. I would say it was few months at least, but I can't scroll back far enough on their Twitter page to check and make sure, so I'm not 100% sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew something then and were beginning to drum up hype and just putting the thought of them appearing in the game in everyone's heads. Maybe they're doing the same thing now and maybe in a few months we'll see an announcement.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The monster lineup is actually really significant, if you think about it. It would have been a no-brainer for Toho to include Ghidorah and Mothra, maaaybe Rodan, in this game, but instead they went with the more obscure Gigan and Destoroyah. This really does seem to be a new Toho! We can look forward to actually being surprised by monster lineups in new projects again. That makes my day.

Also, this might be a hint or early marketing for Destoroyah in the Monsterverse. That suddenly looks a little more likely, anyway.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla is in for obvious reasons. As for the others I noticed
Gigan is in for his 50th anniversary.
Destroyah and Kiryu were two movies being rereleased this year for Godzilla day.

Something else that hasn't been mentioned. Godzilla has his treadmasters dark horse color scheme as an alt and his blue alt reminds me of save the earth.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:42 am The monster lineup is actually really significant, if you think about it. It would have been a no-brainer for Toho to include Ghidorah and Mothra, maaaybe Rodan, in this game, but instead they went with the more obscure Gigan and Destoroyah. This really does seem to be a new Toho! We can look forward to actually being surprised by monster lineups in new projects again. That makes my day.

Also, this might be a hint or early marketing for Destoroyah in the Monsterverse. That suddenly looks a little more likely, anyway.
Gigan, Hedorah, and Destoroyah imo are in a tier of marketability and popularity between the B listers and the Big 5. Gigan is the other alien invader monster and his relatively sleek cyborg design makes him appealing, Hedorah is Hedorah, and Destoroyah's reputation of being a big hulking beast despite coming from a flawed story (not unlike Doomsday in DC, or Broly in DBZ) make them fan favorites when asking Joe Schmoe Godzilla fans.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

AWMGodzilla62 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:08 amHowever, it would make perfect sense to avoid Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra with the Toho Lineup if they were possibly getting a deal for the Monsterverse line up and getting access to them through that. It avoids having duplicate fighters of Ghidorah, Mothra, etc.
And since we already have Godzilla and Mechagodzilla, it would also open up the fourth slot for Kong.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Honestly, I'm pretty sure PRG not just using the Big 5 had less to do with cost or anniversaries and more with gameplay. Most of the Big 5 are flyers and while Pipijuras can glide, true flight would mess up the gameplay. Gigan and Kiryu having anniversaries were probably a reason, too, but probably just a bonus.