Gigabash X Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Re: Gigabash X Godzilla

Post by Legendary Minya »

Dream DLC picks, huh.... I guess I'd go Showa Gamera, King Kong, Ghidorah and a 1968 Godzilla
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

MojoRizin
Young Farmer

Post by MojoRizin »

Finally got a ps5. Excited to try this out hopefully it’s a sign for a new full blown original Godzilla game in the near future. One can hope

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Anyone think this could be Toho experimenting for a whole new Godzilla game?

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

While I can't say I'm crazy about GigaBash's original story or characters (the building monster is cute though), I do think they did a great job making Godzilla and co playable characters and would love to see a full-fledged Godzilla game from these developers.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Yeah a lot of the original characters are hit or miss, and I really hate the way monsters get knocked up into the air all the time....but the Toho characters LOOK amazing, and they managed to show more appreciation for the franchise with 4 DLC characters than Pipeworks did in 3 full fledged games.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legendary Minya wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:59 am Yeah a lot of the original characters are hit or miss, and I really hate the way monsters get knocked up into the air all the time....but the Toho characters LOOK amazing, and they managed to show more appreciation for the franchise with 4 DLC characters than Pipeworks did in 3 full fledged games.
The hate for G:U I get, but are you implying DAMM and STE are bad?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Legendary Minya wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:59 am Yeah a lot of the original characters are hit or miss, and I really hate the way monsters get knocked up into the air all the time....but the Toho characters LOOK amazing, and they managed to show more appreciation for the franchise with 4 DLC characters than Pipeworks did in 3 full fledged games.
I’m gonna hard disagree on that last statement.

I like most of these OC’s (esp the likes of Rawa and Pipijuras) but I cannot deny the love they poured into the Godzilla DLC. I hope they have more support and DLC planned for the game because it is really fun to play.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:54 am
Bad? No.

Movie accurate? Also no. They had little to no respect for the source material, and it showed. "Let's just give everyone beams because it makes things easier" - Simon Strange, basically.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Heads up, supposedly the godzilla dlc has a limited time license and won't be on the digital store forever. From one of the devs on the discord, "All I can say is that it'll be limited time only, so grab it while you still can!"

No indication of how long it'll be, for all I know it could be a few years. A part of me is really put off by this from Toho, but I still want to support the Gigabash dev team (and want to encourage future collaborations) and got it regardless.
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

EDIT: accidentally replied to old post, nvm
Last edited by JVM on Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:03 pm
Bad? No.

Movie accurate? Also no. They had little to no respect for the source material, and it showed. "Let's just give everyone beams because it makes things easier" - Simon Strange, basically.
Almost every character in the first two pipeworks games had a beam weapon of some sort in an incarnation of said character. The only characters that had added ranged weapons were JJ and Angurius, both of which have logical reasons as well. 1. They were added for gameplay purposes since beam attacks is a command button and 2. Angurius's roar attack is based off GRA when he roared so load from being bit on the neck that it caused Osaka castle to crack. In JJ's case, they were paying homage to Ultraman since they could not have ultra man in the game. 3. Even Gigan's teleport ability was added so that his iconic flyby buzzsaw attacks for could be executed in a gameplay setting.

That hardly constitutes little to no respect for the source material (plus balanced gameplay is more important than 100% minute respect to source material).

Anyways, when I finish grad school this semester and have a (hopefully) big boy job, I will get this game. Gigan looks fun.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:53 pm Heads up, supposedly the godzilla dlc has a limited time license and won't be on the digital store forever. From one of the devs on the discord, "All I can say is that it'll be limited time only, so grab it while you still can!"

No indication of how long it'll be, for all I know it could be a few years. A part of me is really put off by this from Toho, but I still want to support the Gigabash dev team (and want to encourage future collaborations) and got it regardless.
Edit: So with more research, this is apparently not an uncommon practice, but still if you hadn't gotten it and want to get it, I'd suggest sooner rather than later, because who knows how long it will stick around (particularly with how long things like the godzilla shorts on youtube stay up, or if it's an expensive license who knows how many times PR games would be able to renew it).
He Jock it Made of Steel

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Downloaded this and played it on my PC, but I really wish they'd get an Xbox version out. Then I'd play it a lot more...
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

darthzilla99 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:25 am

Bad? No.

Almost every character in the first two pipeworks games had a beam weapon of some sort in an incarnation of said character. The only characters that had added ranged weapons were JJ and Angurius, both of which have logical reasons as well. 1. They were added for gameplay purposes since beam attacks is a command button and 2. Angurius's roar attack is based off GRA when he roared so load from being bit on the neck that it caused Osaka castle to crack. In JJ's case, they were paying homage to Ultraman since they could not have ultra man in the game. 3. Even Gigan's teleport ability was added so that his iconic flyby buzzsaw attacks for could be executed in a gameplay setting.

That hardly constitutes little to no respect for the source material (plus balanced gameplay is more important than 100% minute respect to source material).

Anyways, when I finish grad school this semester and have a (hopefully) big boy job, I will get this game. Gigan looks fun.
They also added beams for Titanosaurus and Varan, which is just silly. If Street Fighter has made it 30 years without giving Zangief or Blanka fireballs, I don't see why EVERY character in a Godzilla game has to have a beam weapon.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:31 am
darthzilla99 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:25 am

Bad? No.

They also added beams for Titanosaurus and Varan, which is just silly. If Street Fighter has made it 30 years without giving Zangief or Blanka fireballs, I don't see why EVERY character in a Godzilla game has to have a beam weapon.
In that same game, Biollante can beam clash and balances herself on four thin tendrils like stilts. You're right on the beams for Varan and Titanosaurus, but it's funny that THAT'S still the go-to complaint for character respect in G:U. Varan is one of the best characters in the game, at least for me.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

I just don't understand why "every" character had to have a beam/be able to beam battle, but somehow Anguirus got off okay with just the "sonic roar", but, oh well.

The fighting in the Godzilla games felt better than it does in GigaBash, but I like the little nods to the Toho characters in GB, like Godzilla having his jumping dance and sliding dropkick, etc. Pipeworks didn't put a ton of attacks/animations pulled straight from the movies into their games, at least not as far as I remember, but I haven't played them in years.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

The developers are holding a couple polls to see which franchises should be added as DLC next.

Poll #1 - King Kong / Pacific Rim / Ultraman / Attack on Titan:
https://twitter.com/NgAikSern/status/16 ... 2421474305

Poll #2 - Gamera / Power Rangers / Evangelion / More Godzilla:
https://twitter.com/NgAikSern/status/16 ... 3019601920

There's only a few hours left on the first poll, so hurry and get your vote in!
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

So, ultimately, the results are:
  • Gamera - 36.3%
  • Ultraman - 34.2%
  • Pacific Rim - 33%
  • Power Rangers - 22.5%
  • More Godzilla - 21.6%
  • King Kong - 20.8%
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion - 19.6%
  • Attack on Titan - 12.1%
Here's hoping that at least the top four get added to the roster (though, of course, the dream is that they all do)!
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gigabash will come to the switch, august 3rd, with the Godzilla dlc available to purchase! I’ll finally get this game!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/gigaba ... aboration/
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:19 am Gigabash will come to the switch, august 3rd, with the Godzilla dlc available to purchase! I’ll finally get this game!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/gigaba ... aboration/
Congrats. Still think you might get Bowser down the line as well personally.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image