Gigabash X Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Re: Gigabash X Godzilla

Post by SG-17 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:44 pm

10000% agreed. Really hope this rumor of Pipeworks remasters comes true.
I won't believe anything until they are in my hands.

I played the adventure mode in DAMM again recently and it just feels so much more... kaiju-y than Gigabash.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:44 pm

10000% agreed. Really hope this rumor of Pipeworks remasters comes true.
Unless they got Atari to change their minds (because Atari owns the game) or someone, or Pipeworks bought the game and are going to spend $ remastering it, I don't know how it could happen. But, who knows. I'd love it if it were to happen.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:42 am The monster lineup is actually really significant, if you think about it. It would have been a no-brainer for Toho to include Ghidorah and Mothra, maaaybe Rodan, in this game, but instead they went with the more obscure Gigan and Destoroyah. This really does seem to be a new Toho! We can look forward to actually being surprised by monster lineups in new projects again. That makes my day.
Uhhhh, it couldn't possibly be that the three monsters they chose are more equipped for one-on-one physical combat than a moth, a pteradon and a dragon with no arms, could it?
Also, this might be a hint or early marketing for Destoroyah in the Monsterverse. That suddenly looks a little more likely, anyway.
Don't overthink this.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

There's no proof regarding anything in the MV movie coming, but I don't think it's TOO wild of a speculation. Hasbro pushed a lot of Beast Wars guys in toys over the past two years before the announcement of the new Transformers movie, which prominently features Beast Wars characters.

Also, I haven't played the game yet, but looking at the way it plays and the controls, it feels more sophisticated than the Pipeworks games. Lots of games to play nowadays...

Going back to my previous comment on this thread regarding draws, I was off by a bit! That said, Gigan and Destoroyah aren't exactly B-Listers either. More importantly like Legion said, they were probably chosen because their aesthetics and combat style would fit better in this game.

Edit: Haha I was watching a video from a Japanese Godzilla Youtuber, Giwachin, playing Gigabash. He looks like he's having fun but the funniest thing I saw, was him joke that Rawa looks like Bagan!
Last edited by StardustGenius on Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Okay, I'm gonna ask here because Google wasn't very helpful and I can't think of where else to ask. How do you perform Godzilla's Godzilla vs. Megalon tail slide? I've looked at the attack buttons in the pause menu and I've tried every combination of buttons I can think of, and I just can't do it. I haven't even managed to pull it off by accident. I'm using a PS5, by the way.
Legion1979 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 amUhhhh, it couldn't possibly be that the three monsters they chose are more equipped for one-on-one physical combat than a moth, a pteradon and a dragon with no arms, could it?
I dunno, it's never seemed to get in their way before. :P
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:56 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 amUhhhh, it couldn't possibly be that the three monsters they chose are more equipped for one-on-one physical combat than a moth, a pteradon and a dragon with no arms, could it?
I dunno, it's never seemed to get in their way before. :P
Right, they've been present not just in the Pipeworks games, but also fighters like Godzilla: Battle Legends and Godzilla: Kaijuu Daikessen :lol:

As for Godzilla's tail slide, you have to dodge forward and hit the attack button during the animation, essentially performing a dash attack. (If you did the tutorial and are familiar, it's the sequence where you perform Gorogong's rolling fire attack.)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:56 pm Okay, I'm gonna ask here because Google wasn't very helpful and I can't think of where else to ask. How do you perform Godzilla's Godzilla vs. Megalon tail slide? I've looked at the attack buttons in the pause menu and I've tried every combination of buttons I can think of, and I just can't do it. I haven't even managed to pull it off by accident. I'm using a PS5, by the way.
I’m pretty sure it’s the dash + special, which should be RB + triangle, but I’m not 100% sure. You should be able to find the move list for all of them by clicking on the DLC advertisement section on the main menu.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:10 pmAs for Godzilla's tail slide, you have to dodge forward and hit the attack button during the animation, essentially performing a dash attack. (If you did the tutorial and are familiar, it's the sequence where you perform Gorogong's rolling fire attack.)
Gojira2K wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:28 pmI’m pretty sure it’s the dash + special, which should be RB + triangle, but I’m not 100% sure. You should be able to find the move list for all of them by clicking on the DLC advertisement section on the main menu.
Thanks, guys! I don't get how I didn't manage to pull it off before, as it's super easy (barely an inconvenience), but for the life of me I just couldn't. But I've got it down now. Now I can tail slide to my heart's content! :lol:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

While I'm not going to get Gigabash after being a little disappointed with the content in Override 2 (it was cool having some kind of Ultraman game for my brother and I on console), I am happy to see how the Godzilla dlc turned out. It's a treat to see Gigan having his taunts and moves from the Pipeworks games. Mechagodzilla's finisher looks marvelous. Hope this means the Gigabash developers can make a true spiritual successor that is a full Godzilla game to the Pipeworks trilogy one day.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla and his cast are very fun in this game but I'm hoping for more orginal DLC and stroy add ons. The lore this game has created so far is great.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

REALLY hope future DLC includes story content for the Toho characters; got this on Saturday and I'm already kind of bored with just regular arcade matches. It'll be something fun to play in small doses though. Since a second DLC pack has been teased....hmm.... guessing we'll get Space Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Megalon and Jet Jaguar, if that pans out.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

It would be nice if they added more original characters. Don't like the idea of guest fighters stealing the show from the main roster. Plenty of mecha and tokusatsu tropes to make characters from left. An evil super robot for one.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Oh, I definitely want more GigaBash-original kaiju. I love the game's design aesthetic, and as Stardust said, there's still plenty of other types of monsters to make (insect, American 1950s robot, giant human, alien, dinosaur/slurpasaur, etc). Though on the topic of more guest fighter DLC, even though I do want a second wave of Toho/Godzilla monsters, I do hope the next licensed DLC is something else. Ultraman, Pacific Rim, Gamera, whatever. Gotta save some of that Toho goodness for later in the game's life span. :P

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Hopefully, it will go in a similar way to the way Dead by Daylight does their DLC's. A mix of both licensed DLC's and original. From memory it mostly goes two original DLC's to one licensed DLC's. I think that would be a good ratio for Gigabash. I honestly hope that Gigabash becomes the Dead by Daylight of monster fighting games. Giving both a mix of the original monsters (which they seems pretty good at making so far) and licensed monsters from other franchises like Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, Pacific Rim, or even other ones like adding Rhedosaurus or Gorgo. There's a lot of potential for this game to really become something incredible and fill a space that hasn't been filled in a long time.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Gojira2K wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:48 pm Hopefully, it will go in a similar way to the way Dead by Daylight does their DLC's. A mix of both licensed DLC's and original. From memory it mostly goes two original DLC's to one licensed DLC's. I think that would be a good ratio for Gigabash. I honestly hope that Gigabash becomes the Dead by Daylight of monster fighting games. Giving both a mix of the original monsters (which they seems pretty good at making so far) and licensed monsters from other franchises like Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, Pacific Rim, or even other ones like adding Rhedosaurus or Gorgo. There's a lot of potential for this game to really become something incredible and fill a space that hasn't been filled in a long time.
To make it a true Dead by Daylight-like game, Mechagodzilla's head should randomly be invisible after the dev's mess with the coding of the cursor on the menu in the next patch :huge:
The DBD spaghetti code is unreal
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

MogeGoji1994 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:52 pm
Gojira2K wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:48 pm Hopefully, it will go in a similar way to the way Dead by Daylight does their DLC's. A mix of both licensed DLC's and original. From memory it mostly goes two original DLC's to one licensed DLC's. I think that would be a good ratio for Gigabash. I honestly hope that Gigabash becomes the Dead by Daylight of monster fighting games. Giving both a mix of the original monsters (which they seems pretty good at making so far) and licensed monsters from other franchises like Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, Pacific Rim, or even other ones like adding Rhedosaurus or Gorgo. There's a lot of potential for this game to really become something incredible and fill a space that hasn't been filled in a long time.
To make it a true Dead by Daylight-like game, Mechagodzilla's head should randomly be invisible after the dev's mess with the coding of the cursor on the menu in the next patch :huge:
The DBD spaghetti code is unreal
Trust me, it could be worse. It could be League of Legends.

What would be everyone's dream DLC pack? If you were allowed to make it yourself, which four monsters would you want to join the game, regardless of whether or not they might actually in the game?
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Ignoring Godzilla monsters....

Gamera
King Kong
Two kaiju/monster icons

Cloverfield
Dogzilla :huge:
Two more obscure monsters. Cloverfield, I feel has been forgotten to time. Visually he stands out too among the other monsters already present.
Dogzilla? Yes the old picture book. I think it'd be cute and very unique
"I got a lot of fond memories of that dog"
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

If you want a really obscure wave of guest fighters, I saw someone on another board suggest the Bart's Nightmare trio: Bartzilla, Momthra, and Homer Kong.

And then if they wanted to round it out to four I guess they could always include Lard Lad. :P

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Lizzie
Ralph
George
Larry the rat or Giant The Rock.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

MogeGoji1994 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:22 am Dogzilla? Yes the old picture book. I think it'd be cute and very unique
"I got a lot of fond memories of that dog"
Funny, I just bought Dogzilla and Kat Kong for my daughter for Xmas.