Gigabash X Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Fermix
EDF Instructor

Gigabash X Godzilla

Post by Fermix »

It's Official!

The big G is heading to Gigabash. No big details yet but we should hear more soon
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Moth
G-Grasper

Re: Gigabash X Godzilla

Post by Moth »

Godzilla news twitter account after cockteasing a big announcement and its just another crossover
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Probably should have just put this in the gigabash thread.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:02 pm Probably should have just put this in the gigabash thread.
Godzills vs Kong X Call of Duty had its own thread, figured this was fine
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It’s fine here. There’s many people on this site that will suddenly now be interested in Gigabash solely because of Godzilla’s inclusion. I myself am now considering purchasing the game. I’m glad this is happening. Gigabash has come a long way.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:42 pm It’s fine here. There’s many people on this site that will suddenly now be interested in Gigabash solely because of Godzilla’s inclusion. I myself am now considering purchasing the game. I’m glad this is happening. Gigabash has come a long way.
Was somewhat interested in playing previously, but what really sold me is how it's currently 20% off till September 22 :lol: Got a copy on Steam and will give it a whirl sometime.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So I'd personally say Ultima probaly fits going into this game the best. I wonder if Gigabash will get to create their own Godzilla if he's playable.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Not surprised by this in the least. Expected it back when they posted that tweet about "invitation accepted" and then deleted it right away. I was hoping for a Netherrealm Godzilla fighting game, but this was my honest expectation. Looking forward regardless, the game is fun. I can see Godzilla being a very fun thing to play as. And I really hope we get a "pack" of kaiju. Gigan, Megalon, Hedorah and Ghidorah would look PERFECT in this game. And I think a Showa MG would also look awesome in the game's style. But I may be hoping for too much there.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

If you haven’t played the game it’s very good. Easy to pick up, but has surprising depth. Y’all should absolutely check it out.

I’m genuinely surprised about this announcement though. I expected Godzilla in Multiversus, but this is much better (to me). I feel like it’ll be a Heisei or Ride-like design with a lot of Showa influence in the moveset. It’ll be weird, but fun to see him jumping around, climbing buildings and fighting Gigabash’s Monster King, Rawa. I’d love a Monster Island stage.

Also, kinda funny we’ll see Toho Godzilla (a video game version at least) go to Hollow Earth before Monsterverse.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KingCornetto wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:26 pm If you haven’t played the game it’s very good. Easy to pick up, but has surprising depth. Y’all should absolutely check it out.

I’m genuinely surprised about this announcement though. I expected Godzilla in Multiversus, but this is much better (to me). I feel like it’ll be a Heisei or Ride-like design with a lot of Showa influence in the moveset. It’ll be weird, but fun to see him jumping around, climbing buildings and fighting Gigabash’s Monster King, Rawa. I’d love a Monster Island stage.

Also, kinda funny we’ll see Toho Godzilla (a video game version at least) go to Hollow Earth before Monsterverse.
Monsterverse Godzilla is still coming to multiverses. The two leaks he was mentioned in have had all or near all characters confirmed accept him.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

My hope is that this game travels a similar path to Dead by Daylight. That game started with its own, original horror characters and then featured a guest appearance from Michael Myers and Laurie Strode. Fast forward 6 years and the game is now larger than its ever been with all the big horror IPs, including Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Stranger Things, and more.

Depending on how deep these guys want, or CAN, go with guest appearances, this could be the start of something very special.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Fermix wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:31 am My hope is that this game travels a similar path to Dead by Daylight. That game started with its own, original horror characters and then featured a guest appearance from Michael Myers and Laurie Strode. Fast forward 6 years and the game is now larger than its ever been with all the big horror IPs, including Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Stranger Things, and more.

Depending on how deep these guys want, or CAN, go with guest appearances, this could be the start of something very special.
If the game would do that, that'd be a hell of a thing. Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, Pacific Rim, Power Rangers/Sentai...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Great to see that Toho’s loosening up with the Godzilla license. Maybe Ultraman could come in one day too.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

While I am perfectly happy with just Godzilla, I do hope that we get some other Toho monsters to go with him.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

You know, I wonder if this crossover is going to go both ways and we're going to get a couple GigaBash monsters in Godzilla: Battle Line.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:40 am You know, I wonder if this crossover is going to go both ways and we're going to get a couple GigaBash monsters in Godzilla: Battle Line.
That'd be pretty insane. Not expecting that since all the crossovers done with GBL so far have been Toho-related properties in some way, but also not opposed to it.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:43 pm
Fermix wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:31 am My hope is that this game travels a similar path to Dead by Daylight. That game started with its own, original horror characters and then featured a guest appearance from Michael Myers and Laurie Strode. Fast forward 6 years and the game is now larger than its ever been with all the big horror IPs, including Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Stranger Things, and more.

If the game would do that, that'd be a hell of a thing. Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, Pacific Rim, Power Rangers/Sentai...
Imagine Godzilla throwing down against Gamera, Ultraman, and the Dragonzord in the Hong Kong Shatterdome. God, vote with your wallets people!!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Super excited for the announcement. The game was always something I wanted to try but never got around to. With this, I will have to give it a shot.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Gojira2K wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:09 pm While I am perfectly happy with just Godzilla, I do hope that we get some other Toho monsters to go with him.
I hope we get at least a MechaGodzilla to go with him anything to keep the cues from becoming Godzilla, vs Godzilla vs Godzilla vs (Gigabash monster) as much as I love Godzilla those kinds of match ups will get old very fast
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Wild theory time.

Did Gigabash not reveal Godzilla because they haven't worked on him yet or was it because Toho is about to reveal a new Godzilla?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image