Gigabash X Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Gigabash X Godzilla

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:13 pm Honestly, I'm pretty sure PRG not just using the Big 5 had less to do with cost or anniversaries and more with gameplay. Most of the Big 5 are flyers and while Pipijuras can glide, true flight would mess up the gameplay. Gigan and Kiryu having anniversaries were probably a reason, too, but probably just a bonus.
This is what I'm thinking, too. KG is surprisingly complex when you think about it (3 heads, 2 tails, 2 legs, 2 wings), no doubt it would take much longer to model and animate something like that compared to Gigan or even Destoroyah. However, KG could also be used as a good poster boy for another DLC pack if a Godzilla incarnation isn't a part of it.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:30 pm
AWMGodzilla62 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:08 amHowever, it would make perfect sense to avoid Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra with the Toho Lineup if they were possibly getting a deal for the Monsterverse line up and getting access to them through that. It avoids having duplicate fighters of Ghidorah, Mothra, etc.
And since we already have Godzilla and Mechagodzilla, it would also open up the fourth slot for Kong.
It would be MV Godzilla over Kong. MV Godzilla is different enough for Toho Godzilla there is 0 chance he's not headlining a MV pack if it happens.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Pretty sure LPG would just be a skin of the existing Godzilla we got.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:52 pmPretty sure LPG would just be a skin of the existing Godzilla we got.
Yeah, I could see a MV Godzilla skin accompanying MV DLC characters. Godzilla does the "shoot his atomic ray into the sky" thing from King of the Monsters '19 in the game, so there's already a bit of MV Godzilla in him.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:52 pm Pretty sure LPG would just be a skin of the existing Godzilla we got.
He fights too differently to just be a skin. He's faster for example. Current Godzilla is a good Toho Godzilla but Legendary Godzilla could be different.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:12 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:52 pm Pretty sure LPG would just be a skin of the existing Godzilla we got.
He fights too differently to just be a skin. He's faster for example. Current Godzilla is a good Toho Godzilla but Legendary Godzilla could be different.
You realize they got Heisei Godzilla doing Showa Godzilla's tail slide, right? There's really no reason they'd have to have two different Godzillas in the game, which would just be dumb for a game like this.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

I really like the game and like playing as Toho monsters, but imo its no replacement for the style of game that the Pipeworks brawlers were.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Grabbed this yesterday and it was a blast to play. Will probably use my steam deck to play it while I'm traveling but I do have to say, the lack of mouse support for the PC version is infuriating. Unsure if it is for cheating or simply to go all in on controller support, but as someone that doesn't have a controller, I was constantly infuriated, with a majority of that frustration coming from the simple maneuvering through the menus. No issues with the gameplay, but it was a big enough negative I couldn't ignore it.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:07 am
You realize they got Heisei Godzilla doing Showa Godzilla's tail slide, right? There's really no reason they'd have to have two different Godzillas in the game, which would just be dumb for a game like this.
It's not Heisei Godzilla, it's Toho Godzilla. He uses Heisei as his apprance but they took moves from the Toho series. He also has Showa's flying ability for one move for example.

The fact that Toho themselves keeps making seprations between Hollywood Godzilla and Toho Godzilla plus the fact thag Gigabash are such fans of the kaiju genre if they get permission to use the MV designs their not going to make a skin and call.it a day.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:26 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:07 am

It's not Heisei Godzilla, it's Toho Godzilla. He uses Heisei as his apprance but they took moves from the Toho series. He also has Showa's flying ability for one move for example.

The fact that Toho themselves keeps making seprations between Hollywood Godzilla and Toho Godzilla plus the fact thag Gigabash are such fans of the kaiju genre if they get permission to use the MV designs their not going to make a skin and call.it a day.
Man, I'm just not going to debate this because it's dumb.

Added in 44 seconds:
SG-17 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:06 am I really like the game and like playing as Toho monsters, but imo its no replacement for the style of game that the Pipeworks brawlers were.
10000% agreed. Really hope this rumor of Pipeworks remasters comes true.

Quote of the Year:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I agree MV Godzilla just being a skin would be dumb.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:21 pmI agree the MV characters just being skins would be dumb.
No one's talking about all the MonsterVerse characters being skins, just Godzilla. The Godzilla currently in GigaBash acts like an amalgam of all "normal" versions of Godzilla (obviously it lacks some of the crazier aspects of incarnations like Shin, Earth, and Ultima), including the MonsterVerse version. Hell, really, it even fights like MonsterVerse Godzilla more than it does Heisei (whose arms were never really all that... helpful), and it uses its tail as a deadly weapon like MV Godzilla does, while Heisei and Showa mainly just used theirs for an occasional whack. GigaBash Godzilla even fires his atomic ray into the sky like in GKOTM'19, something the normal Toho Godzillas have never done. Even the S-Class form still works, as MV Godzilla has his own version of Burning Godzilla he can turn into for it.

I mean, think about it for a minute. What exactly about GigaBash Godzilla's move set wouldn't work for MonsterVerse Godzilla? The tail slide? The nuclear pulse? Well, Heisei Godzilla never did the tail slide, so that bridge has already been crossed.

Having two Godzillas in a non-Godzilla game would be a mistake.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:38 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:21 pmI agree the MV characters just being skins would be dumb.
No one's talking about all the MonsterVerse characters being skins, just Godzilla. The Godzilla currently in GigaBash acts like an amalgam of all "normal" versions of Godzilla (obviously it lacks some of the crazier aspects of incarnations like Shin, Earth, and Ultima), including the MonsterVerse version. Hell, really, it even fights like MonsterVerse Godzilla more than it does Heisei (whose arms were never really all that... helpful), and it uses its tail as a deadly weapon like MV Godzilla does, while Heisei and Showa mainly just used theirs for an occasional whack. GigaBash Godzilla even fires his atomic ray into the sky like in GKOTM'19, something the normal Toho Godzillas have never done. Even the S-Class form still works, as MV Godzilla has his own version of Burning Godzilla he can turn into for it.

I mean, think about it for a minute. What exactly about GigaBash Godzilla's move set wouldn't work for MonsterVerse Godzilla? The tail slide? The nuclear pulse? Well, Heisei Godzilla never did the tail slide, so that bridge has already been crossed.

Having two Godzillas in a non-Godzilla game would be a mistake.
I know no ones talking about all of them. I'm saying any of them being skins including Godzilla. As fornthe moveset it was never nothing on him wouldn't fit Legendary Godzilla, I said Legendary Godzilla fights different enough that GigaBash could give him a different moveset. As for the sky atomic breath I agree it's Mv inspired but Shin also did that as well and even FW did something similar.

You also have Godzilla roaring a lot during his moves I don't see Toho letting Legendary Godzilla emote the 89 roars.

Gigbash would use Godzilla to headline a MV dlc pack, I don't see then just slapping a skin on the existing Godzilla especially when they didn't slap skins on this current Godzilla.

There has been too much care from passionganes and too much fan hype form Gormaru I feel for passiongames to just drop MV Godzilla as a skin. If Legendary allowed then I see them making MV Godzilla his own flashed out character separate from current Godzilla.

I also don't see how two Godzillas is a mistake if it brings money and eyes to a product. I don't want Godzilla to take over this game and I was happy getting just him, the other 3 that followed him were great additions.

If passion games decides to go get access to the Monsterverse than do it right is all I'm saying.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I gotta agree that MonsterVerse Godzilla being his own unique character seems a bit extra. I don't see how you differentiate his moves enough to not feel like a clone of Toho Godzilla.

Also, the Godzilla in the game already pays homage to Legendary. His Block+Special has him shoot his beam forward and then toward the sky, ending with the same pose as Godzilla from the KOTM poster.
Last edited by Fermix on Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:21 pm I agree the MV characters just being skins would be dumb.
Hurr durr. You so funny.

Quote of the Year:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:22 am
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:21 pm I agree the MV characters just being skins would be dumb.
Hurr durr. You so funny.
I thought you were done with the discussion?

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:10 pm
Hurr durr. You so funny.
Dude, straight up. I'm not the one to be trying to play these lame ass troll attempts. Up your game or just gtfo. You're not funny.

Quote of the Year:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:35 pm

Hurr durr. You so funny.
Dude, straight up. I'm not the one to be trying to play these lame ass troll attempts. Up your game or just gtfo. You're not funny.
Then stop responding to me. We had a disagreement leave it at that. I'm not trying to be funny nor do I care if you think I'm funny.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:03 pm

Then stop responding to me. We had a disagreement leave it at that. I'm not trying to be funny nor do I care if you think I'm funny.
Nah man. This is just going to be about ego because I can't even begin to describe how sick and tired I am of seeing you waddle into every damn thread like you know everything that's going on. You do it in any MV thread with your little "sources" (which we all know is complete f'n BS). You do it here despite multiple people disagreeing with you. And then when I simply say "I'm not debating this because it's dumb" you just got to come in here with your little:
So once again, step your game up or STFU. You're annoying as shit with this stuff.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:05 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:03 pm

Nah man. This is just going to be about ego because I can't even begin to describe how sick and tired I am of seeing you waddle into every damn thread like you know everything that's going on. You do it in any MV thread with your little "sources" (which we all know is complete f'n BS). You do it here despite multiple people disagreeing with you. And then when I simply say "I'm not debating this because it's dumb" you just got to come in here with your little:
So once again, step your game up or STFU. You're annoying as shit with this stuff.
You think what you want MM, it doesn't bother me. I'm not trying to act like I know everything I don't. I already said what I had to say in the MV thread that has little to do with this. We're arguing over something neither of us knows what is going to happen regardless. Legendary Godzilla might not even come to Gigabash so this entire argument is moot.

I'm going to apologize for what I said if something I said offended you. If we were having a discussion in person I'm sure it would sound less hostile on my end and I'm going to go out on a limb and say your not trying to be hostile toward me.

It is fine if people disagree with me about GigaBash as well. I don't work on the game and if 100 people said MV Godzilla should be a ski that's ok, it's speculation. Until it happens we don't know what MV Godzilla would be a skin or playable. I'm only sharing my opinion about Godzilla on a Godzilla board.

So once again I apologize if I annoy you, you're free to mute or block me but I'm not going to shut up or stop sharing my opinion just like you or anyone else here is not going to stop nor should you stop.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image