Godziban: Mothra vs Bagan (and others!)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godziban: Mothra vs Bagan (and others!)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dyrakro wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:37 am Gotta ask now, what actually is Godziban, what is it about and can anyone here recommend it? It looks very weird to me, like sth out of a strange fever-dream. Though the vinyls to the show are pretty good.
MM sums up that it's a fan-produced thing that became legitimate. It's akin to how we got the Gigan Rex short.

As someone who bought the blu-ray and the figures, I think it's incredibly hit or miss. I think that might strictly be because I like puppets and physical props+seeing obscure monsters make appearances. Some of the humor and characters are very humorous and endearing, but all of a sudden I'm starting to second guess myself due to the Gigan Girl thing, and wonder if some of it is a little cringey/something else is going on. Bear in mind, I've only seen a few of the individual episodes, the blu-ray, and a smattering of clips and moments.

It reminds me of a better produced TK-Toon from back in the day lol.

Added in 50 minutes 53 seconds:
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:04 pm they kinda made Serizawa a twink already...?
WORDS THAT SHOULD NEVER BE UTTERED
:lol:

Worth mentioning the actual few human/distinctly humanoid characters are decently clothed.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Imagine if Hirata magically resurrected, joined the online space to connect with the world and the first thing he sees is “they made Serizawa a twink”

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Y'all look me in the eye (metaphorically cuz we're in cyberspace) and tell me this ain't a twink
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Bruh they turned Serizawa into a KPOP lead singer lmao

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Femboy Serizawa?
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

He's a doll around puppets

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Not going to lie, I forgot that the Godziban Blu-ray even came out last month and was only reminded the other week. I was hoping Bagan's on-screen debut would've been a bigger deal (like big enough to warrant a figure or Battle Line tie-in), but alas. Might've got more attention if it weren't for the direct-to-video approach.

On the subject of Bagan though, I'm skeptical they would construct that big-ass suit for an underwhelming short film alone, so maybe he'll pop up again. Hopefully. Have him fight Uncle Oji.

(BTW if anyone knows where I can view/download said short, a PM would be appreciated.)

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

CyberZilla wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:52 pm Femboy Serizawa?

good lord, you arent wrong

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Dyrakro wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:37 am Gotta ask now, what actually is Godziban, what is it about and can anyone here recommend it? It looks very weird to me, like sth out of a strange fever-dream. Though the vinyls to the show are pretty good.
Basically Godzilla Island with puppets instead of Bandai figures and on YouTube....it's harmless I guess.
JVM wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:28 pm I had often wondered if Bagan's awesome online popularity was merely a result of the online English-speaking fanbase but not necessarily reflective of Japan; like a lot of the actual stories of characters being more popular here than there, it feels sufficiently jossed by now. It's crazy to see Bagan making an appearance in any kind of actual Toho production in this day and era, it truly is. I hope this inspires Toho to mine their deeper library further.
Bagan has already appeared on screen....the film was called Godzilla vs Destoroyah (Destoroyah is basically Bagan :Destoroyah: ).

Added in 4 minutes 4 seconds:
StardustGenius wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:53 am
Cope.

Do Bride of Godzilla next.
No objectiions here...forget Bagan, let's see the giant "The Bride" mecha and evil mermaids in puppet form :DragonBall: :shock:
Last edited by ebirahsmeg1 on Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Additional screenings of the Godziban specials will begin tomorrow at Osu Cinema... to include some special guests in the lobby! https://twitter.com/godziban_jp/status/ ... 6976423936

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Boy, gonna' be a sight for sore eyes for sure whenever we get Megalon's big brother will a drill dick.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:09 pm Boy, gonna' be a sight for sore eyes for sure whenever we get Megalon's big brother will a drill dick.
Taking “Helicopter dick” to whole new heights

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Dv-218 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:00 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:09 pm Boy, gonna' be a sight for sore eyes for sure whenever we get Megalon's big brother will a drill dick.
Taking “Helicopter dick” to whole new heights
Or depths, as it were.

Unless it’s a Gurren Lagann kinda drill
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

We got a non Godziban Bagan MMS figures. They creator of Godziban said this is just the beginning for Bagan on Twitter. What do we think is next? Maybe a CGI Godzilla Day short film? Maybe a movie of his own?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:18 am We got a non Godziban Bagan MMS figures. They creator of Godziban said this is just the beginning for Bagan on Twitter. What do we think is next? Maybe a CGI Godzilla Day short film? Maybe a movie of his own?
Nah, probably not a movie, and the G-Day short is covered via Megalon.. unless he meant NEXT year.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:32 am
OGMechaMothra wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:18 am We got a non Godziban Bagan MMS figures. They creator of Godziban said this is just the beginning for Bagan on Twitter. What do we think is next? Maybe a CGI Godzilla Day short film? Maybe a movie of his own?
Nah, probably not a movie, and the G-Day short is covered via Megalon.. unless he meant NEXT year.
He was just stating that there will be more Bagan. I suggested a short for next year like Megalon.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Godzilla and King Shiisa vs Bagan?!
Last edited by imposterzilla on Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

In a reply to another user, the Godziban director mentioned he's "aiming" to bring back Super Godzilla so he can fight Bagan again. I kind of wonder what's more difficult, having Bagan resurrected or bringing back Super Godzilla...
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:54 pm
In a reply to another user, the Godziban director mentioned he's "aiming" to bring back Super Godzilla so he can fight Bagan again. I kind of wonder what's more difficult, having Bagan resurrected or bringing back Super Godzilla...
Post Shin Godzilla, and to a lesser extent Godzilla SP and Earth, I feel that Toho is generally more accepting of redesigns and different variations on the Godzilla design. In a post Bagan MMS world, I could very easily see them bringing back Super Godzilla as a Bandai MMS toy, or it becoming somehow included in a future videogame and or comic.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.