Godziban: Mothra vs Bagan (and others!)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godziban: Mothra vs Bagan (and others!)

Post by GigaBowserG »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:27 pm Ok so Gigan has an older and younger sister too?

https://twitter.com/godziban_jp/status/ ... jc_Xg&s=19
It's incredibly blursed. That makes 6 members of the Gigan Clan!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Honestly, the whole family looks nice. Now give us an MMS Bagan please Bandai.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

StardustGenius wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:30 pm Honestly, the whole family looks nice. Now give us an MMS Bagan please Bandai.
And the Gigan Family but I feel like Bagan going to theaters is a good sign for a MMS and Bagan not just slipping back into obscurity.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Not sure how comfortable I should feel about little sis Gigan having the same... cutter... as her mom and sister. Yeah... I don't feel comfortable with that at all, the more I think about it.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:31 pm Not sure how comfortable I should feel about little sis Gigan having the same... cutter... as her mom and sister. Yeah... I don't feel comfortable with that at all, the more I think about it.
I’m with you there. It’s extremely uncomfortable. I get why it’s there, but at the same time, I don’t get why it’s there.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

:( Oh didn't notice that there yikes

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:31 pm Not sure how comfortable I should feel about little sis Gigan having the same... cutter... as her mom and sister. Yeah... I don't feel comfortable with that at all, the more I think about it.

Gotta keep Gabara away somehow!

In all seriousness, I think it's unforunately placement, caused by a relative issue of shrinking Gigan's size down.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:44 pm

Gotta keep Gabara away somehow!

In all seriousness, I think it's unforunately placement, caused by a relative issue of shrinking Gigan's size down.
But the mom and highly sexualized big sister have it too. It is beyond obvious what the placement of that tiny saw on the female Gigans is meant to represent.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The adults also have a buzzsaw bisecting their chest. Last time I checked, women don't have a second ladypart up on their chest like that. I think it's just a design trait they had on the female adults that doesn't translate well to the younger girl. I don't think you're crazy or even wrong for thinking that, but I don't think it's intentional or anything.

:Gigan:
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:00 pm The adults also have a buzzsaw bisecting their chest. Last time I checked, women don't have a second ladypart up on their chest like that. I think it's just a design trait they had on the female adults that doesn't translate well to the younger girl. I don't think you're crazy or even wrong for thinking that, but I don't think it's intentional or anything.

:Gigan:
I would give you the benefit of a doubt when it comes to this... But this is the series that also has:

With a rose covering only her nip.

Don't buy it. Guys behind it know exactly what they're going for.

There's also this sweet little gem:

Where the creator is virtually just saying "I don't know what YOU'RE talking about, but they're clearly not what you think you see." Where the fuck is Chris Hansen when we need him? I honestly can't see how anyone can't see this for what it is.

Quote of the Year:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Some of this looks bad on paper, but if something in the book on Godziban's creations which I own, has what I recall, I'll post it here. To be clear, I am a little concerned, and some of it is cringe, but my mind isn't going to the full extent of where yours is going. Mainly, who designed the monsters and puppets.

The above twitter post is stupid, but it's worth remembering that the Godziban characters are way more human-like (with dialogue, families, and humanish scenarios), so them incporating elements of human antaomy shouldn't be surprising.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 pm so them incporating elements of human antaomy shouldn't be surprising.
That's not the problem. I'm "okay" (do not like, but it's whatever) on the design elements of the big sister and mom. We all know what they were doing when they gave them both the coochie cutters...

It's putting that on the obviously little girl of the group. Honestly, her whole design is reading as lolicon in Gigan puppet form.

Quote of the Year:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:28 pm There's also this sweet little gem:
Yeaaah, I won't lie, this does look a little suspicious sounding. I think in general the designs for the Gigan family is kinda weird TBH, I'm not really too sure what the designs are supposed to be appealing to to start with.. Well, maybe parental service while the kids are more endeard to the more cutesy Godzilla puppets?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:46 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 pm so them incporating elements of human antaomy shouldn't be surprising.
That's not the problem. I'm "okay" (do not like, but it's whatever) on the design elements of the big sister and mom. We all know what they were doing when they gave them both the coochie cutters...

It's putting that on the obviously little girl of the group. Honestly, her whole design is reading as lolicon in Gigan puppet form.
Just to be 100% clear, I agree with you.

Some people on the Japanese twitter thread are asking directly why that saw is there. Hopefully it'll be changed.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Bagan returned, but at what cost? Sorry my man...

Reject Godziban, return to Godzilla Island.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

So Godziban went from creepy, weird and endearing to just creepy and weird?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Considering what goes on in anime the Gigan design doesn't suprise me. I've seen atleast two anime recently they I stopped watching because there was either a closest pedo or an out in the open pedo as one of the main characters.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Gotta ask now, what actually is Godziban, what is it about and can anyone here recommend it? It looks very weird to me, like sth out of a strange fever-dream. Though the vinyls to the show are pretty good.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Dyrakro wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:37 am Gotta ask now, what actually is Godziban, what is it about and can anyone here recommend it? It looks very weird to me, like sth out of a strange fever-dream. Though the vinyls to the show are pretty good.
Fan-made puppet shows that has since gone on to become a legit, Toho endorsed/sponsored Youtube series of shorts...

Now with really weird kaiju girls because of course.

Quote of the Year:

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Ah yes, the spirit of Neo Monster Island persists.
Voyager is further validated.

Seriously tho, it's sussy but not the end of the world? It's not like there's never been weird sexualized kaiju art before, and I mean... they kinda made Serizawa a twink already...? I dunno.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.