Unpopular Ultraman Opinions

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Re: Unpopular Ultraman Opinions

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Gudon should never have been used as monster of the week canon fodder
MM, like, rewatch the episode. He comes out of a mountain, trips, runs from MAT, and shows up when Jack is struggling with Twin Tail. As soon as Twin Tail was gone and it was Jack vs Gudon, Gudon became less then friggin Detton from the same series.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

So far I've probably enjoyed the original Ultraman the least of all the Ultra shows I've watched so far.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:20 am Of course the biggest entry point is always going to be Jirass. But I'm shocked how often the monster comes up on favorite monster lists. If the monster wasn't a Godzilla suit with a frill no one would talk about him.
Well...yeah. The absurdity of Jirass is what's endearing about him. Tsuburaya raided the Toho storage rooms for monster costumes in most of their early shows and they range from pretty darn good conversions (Gomess and the many Baragon clones) to straight-up reuses (Todora, Sudar, the Dragon from Ultra Q). But Jirass is just kind of hilariously blunt and slapdash. I feel like it was mostly done as kind of a gag. Even used "Jira" in the character's name.

Jirass is one of my favorite Ultra-monsters not because of what he does in the show but just because of the hilarious reality behind his creation, his eventual conception and the tongue-in-cheek "legal drama" surrounding why he doesn't show up that much anymore.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^It wasn't even Tsuopro's intention to make him look like Godzilla. They only used a Godzilla suit out of monetary necessity.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:08 pm ^It wasn't even Tsuopro's intention to make him look like Godzilla. They only used a Godzilla suit out of monetary necessity.
That's basically what I said, yeah.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm not a fan of buff Ultra suits. They're just so obviously padded and it ticks me off. Yes, this even applies to C-type Ultraman.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:34 pm I'm not a fan of buff Ultra suits. They're just so obviously padded and it ticks me off. Yes, this even applies to C-type Ultraman.
Would you prefer a fully CG muscular Ultra?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:15 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:34 pm I'm not a fan of buff Ultra suits. They're just so obviously padded and it ticks me off. Yes, this even applies to C-type Ultraman.
Considering how that one Ultraman video back in 2016 looked, no.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:34 pm
And just to add how awkward the CGI Ultraman Ruebe looks. I like the buff Ultras if done right, like Belial, Thunder Breastar Orb and Titas. I also have a weakness for buff Ultraman from the Ultraman X movie, something that may be an unpopular opinion on itself.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What if they got an extra-jacked buff person in an Ultra-suit?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:49 pm

What if they got an extra-jacked buff person in an Ultra-suit?
That, I'd be okay with. It was done in the Heisei era with Power-type Tiga and Gaia Supreme to great effect.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think that they should've gotten a little more creative with redesigning Ultraman in Shin. At least to make up for the lack of a color timer.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:57 pm I think that they should've gotten a little more creative with redesigning Ultraman in Shin. At least to make up for the lack of a color timer.
I get that but considering this is an entry in the Ultra Series we're talking about, you can really only do so much before your Ultraman redesign starts to qualify for a different character.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:08 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:57 pm I think that they should've gotten a little more creative with redesigning Ultraman in Shin. At least to make up for the lack of a color timer.
I get that but considering this is an entry in the Ultra Series we're talking about, you can really only do so much before your Ultraman redesign starts to qualify for a different character.
Look what they did with Godzilla’s appearance in Shin.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:15 pm
Very different, yes. Doesn't affect what I said.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:44 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:15 pm

Very different, yes. Doesn't affect what I said.
As long as he's still physically recognizable as Ultraman.

Ultra Zilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultra Zilla »

I think Jamila is a better kaiju then all kaiju ever created yes even Godzilla Just because of how Tragic he is and heartbreaking his story is
Last edited by Ultra Zilla on Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think this whole franchise is a little over-beholden to Ultraseven.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:18 pm I think this whole franchise is a little over-beholden to Ultraseven.
Do go on....